Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dorcas?

Dorcas? 2 months 3 days ago #126226

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3065
  • Thank you received: 432
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
God calls me friend wrote:
Mark 16:9-20 doesn't exist in the oldest versions of Mark. Those verses were added later, either by Mark himself or by someone else. Newer translations like the NRSV that have access to older manuscripts than more traditional versions like the KJV include it in brackets and call it "the long ending"
Just so you know, that isn't the only place where inconsistencies can be shown.
Here's John 3:16 (NRSV) for you:
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.

Does anything seem off to anyone?
welllll, what does that have anything to do with the current discussion?
Have you heard of Arianism?
Yeah, but I definitely don't believe in it
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 2 months 3 days ago #126227

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3065
  • Thank you received: 432
Bruh
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 2 months 3 days ago #126252

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
God calls me friend wrote:
Mark 16:9-20 doesn't exist in the oldest versions of Mark. Those verses were added later, either by Mark himself or by someone else. Newer translations like the NRSV that have access to older manuscripts than more traditional versions like the KJV include it in brackets and call it "the long ending"
Just so you know, that isn't the only place where inconsistencies can be shown.
Here's John 3:16 (NRSV) for you:
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.

Does anything seem off to anyone?
welllll, what does that have anything to do with the current discussion?
Have you heard of Arianism?
Yeah, but I definitely don't believe in it
The newer versions of the Bible promote it heavily. They add and take away words to fit those beliefs.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 2 months 3 days ago #126253

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
sci_geeek wrote:
Bruh
?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 2 months 2 days ago #126338

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
I figured this end was a bit early....
Godcallsmefriend, I am nothing short of...impressed. Your tenacity is greatly admirable, and on top of that, you've backed it up with concrete evidence. My boy, you have the perfect qualities of a skilled debater. I must admit, I've slightly underestimated you. I intended to say this once we were done, but as a result of some circumstances, I believe now is an opportune time to say: Well done. It absolutely matters not that I think you're wrong. The fact is, you can prove a point very well. I've been wanting to say that for some time and here it is. Keep it up.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BookwormJo, sci_geeek, God calls me friend

Dorcas? 2 months 2 days ago #126345

  • Alyssa4Jesus
  • Alyssa4Jesus's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 1722
  • Thank you received: 191
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I figured this end was a bit early....
Godcallsmefriend, I am nothing short of...impressed. Your tenacity is greatly admirable, and on top of that, you've backed it up with concrete evidence. My boy, you have the perfect qualities of a skilled debater. I must admit, I've slightly underestimated you. I intended to say this once we were done, but as a result of some circumstances, I believe now is an opportune time to say: Well done. It absolutely matters not that I think you're wrong. The fact is, you can prove a point very well. I've been wanting to say that for some time and here it is. Keep it up.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 2 months 1 day ago #126351

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3065
  • Thank you received: 432
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I figured this end was a bit early....
Godcallsmefriend, I am nothing short of...impressed. Your tenacity is greatly admirable, and on top of that, you've backed it up with concrete evidence. My boy, you have the perfect qualities of a skilled debater. I must admit, I've slightly underestimated you. I intended to say this once we were done, but as a result of some circumstances, I believe now is an opportune time to say: Well done. It absolutely matters not that I think you're wrong. The fact is, you can prove a point very well. I've been wanting to say that for some time and here it is. Keep it up.
That's one of the nice things about Khriz. If you argue your case well, he won't deny it, whether or not he agrees with your view.
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BookwormJo

Dorcas? 2 months 1 day ago #126355

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I figured this end was a bit early....
Godcallsmefriend, I am nothing short of...impressed. Your tenacity is greatly admirable, and on top of that, you've backed it up with concrete evidence. My boy, you have the perfect qualities of a skilled debater. I must admit, I've slightly underestimated you. I intended to say this once we were done, but as a result of some circumstances, I believe now is an opportune time to say: Well done. It absolutely matters not that I think you're wrong. The fact is, you can prove a point very well. I've been wanting to say that for some time and here it is. Keep it up.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Heh. That isn't all.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 2 months 1 day ago #126361

  • Alyssa4Jesus
  • Alyssa4Jesus's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 1722
  • Thank you received: 191
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I figured this end was a bit early....
Godcallsmefriend, I am nothing short of...impressed. Your tenacity is greatly admirable, and on top of that, you've backed it up with concrete evidence. My boy, you have the perfect qualities of a skilled debater. I must admit, I've slightly underestimated you. I intended to say this once we were done, but as a result of some circumstances, I believe now is an opportune time to say: Well done. It absolutely matters not that I think you're wrong. The fact is, you can prove a point very well. I've been wanting to say that for some time and here it is. Keep it up.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Heh. That isn't all.
:huh:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 2 months 1 day ago #126398

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I figured this end was a bit early....
Godcallsmefriend, I am nothing short of...impressed. Your tenacity is greatly admirable, and on top of that, you've backed it up with concrete evidence. My boy, you have the perfect qualities of a skilled debater. I must admit, I've slightly underestimated you. I intended to say this once we were done, but as a result of some circumstances, I believe now is an opportune time to say: Well done. It absolutely matters not that I think you're wrong. The fact is, you can prove a point very well. I've been wanting to say that for some time and here it is. Keep it up.
That's one of the nice things about Khriz. If you argue your case well, he won't deny it, whether or not he agrees with your view.
I've been impressed. I never thought he'd be this strong and hold out for this long.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 2 months 1 day ago #126412

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3065
  • Thank you received: 432
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I figured this end was a bit early....
Godcallsmefriend, I am nothing short of...impressed. Your tenacity is greatly admirable, and on top of that, you've backed it up with concrete evidence. My boy, you have the perfect qualities of a skilled debater. I must admit, I've slightly underestimated you. I intended to say this once we were done, but as a result of some circumstances, I believe now is an opportune time to say: Well done. It absolutely matters not that I think you're wrong. The fact is, you can prove a point very well. I've been wanting to say that for some time and here it is. Keep it up.
That's one of the nice things about Khriz. If you argue your case well, he won't deny it, whether or not he agrees with your view.
I've been impressed. I never thought he'd be this strong and hold out for this long.
Yeah!
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BookwormJo

Dorcas? 2 months 10 hours ago #126427

  • BookwormJo
  • BookwormJo's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Posts: 2057
  • Thank you received: 255
I wonder if he has left . . .
No one who trusts in God will ever be disappointed.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#greatmindsthinkalike

Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration
Last Edit: 2 months 8 hours ago by BookwormJo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 2 months 8 hours ago #126433

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
BookwormJo wrote:
I wonder if he's left . . .
Maybe. I don't blame him.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 2 months 8 hours ago #126435

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
This aside, I don't want to leave this unfinished. But for now, I'll give him space.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 2 months 5 hours ago #126438

  • Alyssa4Jesus
  • Alyssa4Jesus's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 1722
  • Thank you received: 191
BookwormJo wrote:
I wonder if he has left . . .
Oop- That would be sad.
But why would he? I mean, it was just a little discussion. Idk if you'd really consider it heated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 1 month 4 weeks ago #126444

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3065
  • Thank you received: 432
BookwormJo wrote:
I wonder if he has left . . .
Yikes :dry:
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 1 month 4 weeks ago #126449

  • BookwormJo
  • BookwormJo's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Posts: 2057
  • Thank you received: 255
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
I wonder if he has left . . .
Oop- That would be sad.
But why would he? I mean, it was just a little discussion. Idk if you'd really consider it heated.
Khriz can be intimidating, and debates are pretty overwhelming sometimes. Especially when I was 11.
No one who trusts in God will ever be disappointed.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#greatmindsthinkalike

Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 1 month 4 weeks ago #126454

  • Alyssa4Jesus
  • Alyssa4Jesus's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 1722
  • Thank you received: 191
BookwormJo wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
I wonder if he has left . . .
Oop- That would be sad.
But why would he? I mean, it was just a little discussion. Idk if you'd really consider it heated.
Khriz can be intimidating, and debates are pretty overwhelming sometimes. Especially when I was 11.
So I'm not the only one who sees it. Good.
That's why I don't do debates. I can't be bothered. Not because I'm lazy but because, like you said, they really do overwhelm people especially me!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BookwormJo, JoyBaker, sci_geeek

Dorcas? 1 month 4 weeks ago #126458

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3065
  • Thank you received: 432
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
I wonder if he has left . . .
Oop- That would be sad.
But why would he? I mean, it was just a little discussion. Idk if you'd really consider it heated.
Khriz can be intimidating, and debates are pretty overwhelming sometimes. Especially when I was 11.
So I'm not the only one who sees it. Good.
That's why I don't do debates. I can't be bothered. Not because I'm lazy but because, like you said, they really do overwhelm people especially me!
Yeahh, I get it
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 1 month 4 weeks ago #126460

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
BookwormJo wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
I wonder if he has left . . .
Oop- That would be sad.
But why would he? I mean, it was just a little discussion. Idk if you'd really consider it heated.
Khriz can be intimidating, and debates are pretty overwhelming sometimes. Especially when I was 11.
I didn't even go full force in this one. I promised myself that I wouldn't be as assertive as I would usually be.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 1 month 2 weeks ago #126895

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
As I have stated before, I had no intention of leaving this unfinished.
Phoebe, in Romans 16, was without a doubt a prominent church member at the church in Cenchrea. However, the new translations such as the NRSV and NIV will say that she was a deacon or minister, compared to the KJV and older versions saying that she was simply a servant. Upon looking at the evidence, i.e., 1 Timothy 3, it does seem that when Paul was alive, women were appointed as deaconnesses. If that were the case, then why did Paul say that they "must be husband of one wife" and go into talking about their wives' characters (Check out 1 Timothy 3: 11-13)? I know it's clear that women were not appointed deaconnesses at the time of apostles, but after the apostles died, the church allowed women to become deaconesses.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dorcas? 1 month 2 weeks ago #126919

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
As I have stated before, I had no intention of leaving this unfinished.
Phoebe, in Romans 16, was without a doubt a prominent church member at the church in Cenchrea. However, the new translations such as the NRSV and NIV will say that she was a deacon or minister, compared to the KJV and older versions saying that she was simply a servant. Upon looking at the evidence, i.e., 1 Timothy 3, it does seem that when Paul was alive, women were appointed as deaconnesses. If that were the case, then why did Paul say that they "must be husband of one wife" and go into talking about their wives' characters (Check out 1 Timothy 3: 11-13)? I know it's clear that women were not appointed deaconnesses at the time of apostles, but after the apostles died, the church allowed women to become deaconesses.
Um...I doubt he's coming back dude or even paying attention to this....
I already know that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds