Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 3 weeks ago #126638

  • TheSparrowBlogger
  • TheSparrowBlogger's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Thank You Lord for a beautiful day!
  • Posts: 69
  • Thank you received: 47


My devotional blog: learningtolivesdablog.com/

My blog for SDA girls & women who are struggling with sexual sin/addiction: mfmblogministry.com/

Stay thankful, happy, & blessed in Jesus!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 3 weeks ago #126640

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
Sigh.
It's painfully obvious that the person is taking such minutiae out of context. Their argument is based on their opinion and point of view on the "evidence" they present. Anything anywhere can also taken out of context to the extent similar to that of the person's argument. Nothing about their argument is valid, because since they are asserting their own views and opinions as those of the Chosen, they blind themselves to the true context in which the Chosen was supposed to be applied. This level of fanaticism is similar to that of the Pharisees and Saduccees in Jesus' time. Hence, their argument shows how biased they really are, and as a result, that bias nullifies all validity their argument can potentially have.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkeleBoy10

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126642

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3065
  • Thank you received: 432
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoyBaker

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126644

  • JoyBaker
  • JoyBaker's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Posts: 2103
  • Thank you received: 177
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
I was thinking about that too.
How can the person not watch the Chosen and know enough to make a page about why they don’t watch it??
But I see it says “Why I won’t watch the Chosen”… So maybe he/she watched the first part/season and decided he/she won’t watch anymore?
I don’t know what to think about the article, though…

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126647

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
Exactly. How else does one find such evidence to support their claims? They say they don't watch it, but yet, it's clear they have watched it. (And no, I'm not taking this completely out of context like they have done in their argument.)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126652

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3065
  • Thank you received: 432
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
Exactly. How else does one find such evidence to support their claims? They say they don't watch it, but yet, it's clear they have watched it. (And no, I'm not taking this completely out of context like they have done in their argument.)
Yeah, and they probably had to watch verryyy closely
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126656

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
JoyBaker wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
I was thinking about that too.
How can the person not watch the Chosen and know enough to make a page about why they don’t watch it??
But I see it says “Why I won’t watch the Chosen”… So maybe he/she watched the first part/season and decided he/she won’t watch anymore?
I don’t know what to think about the article, though…
Simple. Biased. It's clear the person already had made assumptions about the show before watching it. And then upon watching it, their "suspicions were confirmed" and thus, the article was made.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sci_geeek

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126677

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
Exactly. How else does one find such evidence to support their claims? They say they don't watch it, but yet, it's clear they have watched it. (And no, I'm not taking this completely out of context like they have done in their argument.)
Yeah, and they probably had to watch verryyy closely
Probably, they don't agree with watching it continually. But again, their failed attempt to discern the Chosen's true intent which was the result of their bias precluded all possibility of their argument being valid.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126698

  • Kiv24133
  • Kiv24133's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Axolotls are cool
  • Posts: 1451
  • Thank you received: 53
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
Exactly. How else does one find such evidence to support their claims? They say they don't watch it, but yet, it's clear they have watched it. (And no, I'm not taking this completely out of context like they have done in their argument.)
Yeah, and they probably had to watch verryyy closely
Probably, they don't agree with watching it continually. But again, their failed attempt to discern the Chosen's true intent which was the result of their bias precluded all possibility of their argument being valid.
And that ends the whole argument.


( ͠─ ‿‿ ͡─)✌
If you say "That's a good question" pls answer THAT QUESTION PLS and thank you :)
Guess What
Nothing
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126706

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3065
  • Thank you received: 432
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
Exactly. How else does one find such evidence to support their claims? They say they don't watch it, but yet, it's clear they have watched it. (And no, I'm not taking this completely out of context like they have done in their argument.)
Yeah, and they probably had to watch verryyy closely
Probably, they don't agree with watching it continually. But again, their failed attempt to discern the Chosen's true intent which was the result of their bias precluded all possibility of their argument being valid.
And in the end, even if the person was right, most people won't catch these details when they watch the show. Most people are watching with Jesus in mind, not the sour intention of criticizing.
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126722

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
Kiv24133 wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
Exactly. How else does one find such evidence to support their claims? They say they don't watch it, but yet, it's clear they have watched it. (And no, I'm not taking this completely out of context like they have done in their argument.)
Yeah, and they probably had to watch verryyy closely
Probably, they don't agree with watching it continually. But again, their failed attempt to discern the Chosen's true intent which was the result of their bias precluded all possibility of their argument being valid.
And that ends the whole argument.
Pretty much. But, his next move is all I need.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126724

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
Exactly. How else does one find such evidence to support their claims? They say they don't watch it, but yet, it's clear they have watched it. (And no, I'm not taking this completely out of context like they have done in their argument.)
Yeah, and they probably had to watch verryyy closely
Watch very closely to get such insignificant details, yet completely miss the true context of the Chosen. They can't even get some things in a chronological order. This is hilariously ludricrous.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sci_geeek

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126726

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
Exactly. How else does one find such evidence to support their claims? They say they don't watch it, but yet, it's clear they have watched it. (And no, I'm not taking this completely out of context like they have done in their argument.)
Yeah, and they probably had to watch verryyy closely
Probably, they don't agree with watching it continually. But again, their failed attempt to discern the Chosen's true intent which was the result of their bias precluded all possibility of their argument being valid.
And in the end, even if the person was right, most people won't catch these details when they watch the show. Most people are watching with Jesus in mind, not the sour intention of criticizing.
On top of that, Dallas did address Mormon issue, something which they completely neglected in their argument.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126727

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
I was thinking about that too.
How can the person not watch the Chosen and know enough to make a page about why they don’t watch it??
But I see it says “Why I won’t watch the Chosen”… So maybe he/she watched the first part/season and decided he/she won’t watch anymore?
I don’t know what to think about the article, though…
Simple. Biased. It's clear the person already had made assumptions about the show before watching it. And then upon watching it, their "suspicions were confirmed" and thus, the article was made.
And, when I say watching it, I mean "watching" it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126730

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
His intention is clear: to discourage others from watching it. Good thing it got only 52 likes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126731

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
Exactly. How else does one find such evidence to support their claims? They say they don't watch it, but yet, it's clear they have watched it. (And no, I'm not taking this completely out of context like they have done in their argument.)
Yeah, and they probably had to watch verryyy closely...
...and completely neglect the obvious.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126758

  • pathfinder4ever
  • pathfinder4ever's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Posts: 2081
  • Thank you received: 643
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
His intention is clear: to discourage others from watching it. Good thing it got only 52 likes.
I’ve seen videos explaining why christian’s shouldn’t watch it. Tbh, they could’ve just searched for one of those. I didn’t read the article but I’m just saying.
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126763

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
His intention is clear: to discourage others from watching it. Good thing it got only 52 likes.
I’ve seen videos explaining why christian’s shouldn’t watch it. Tbh, they could’ve just searched for one of those. I didn’t read the article but I’m just saying.
I understand. The main issue is actually the difference between all the beliefs and religions of each of the crew members.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126800

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3065
  • Thank you received: 432
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
Exactly. How else does one find such evidence to support their claims? They say they don't watch it, but yet, it's clear they have watched it. (And no, I'm not taking this completely out of context like they have done in their argument.)
Yeah, and they probably had to watch verryyy closely
Probably, they don't agree with watching it continually. But again, their failed attempt to discern the Chosen's true intent which was the result of their bias precluded all possibility of their argument being valid.
And in the end, even if the person was right, most people won't catch these details when they watch the show. Most people are watching with Jesus in mind, not the sour intention of criticizing.
On top of that, Dallas did address Mormon issue, something which they completely neglected in their argument.
What was the Mormon issue again? Something about people thinking he was a Mormon?? I don't really know much about it.
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoyBaker

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126820

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
Exactly. How else does one find such evidence to support their claims? They say they don't watch it, but yet, it's clear they have watched it. (And no, I'm not taking this completely out of context like they have done in their argument.)
Yeah, and they probably had to watch verryyy closely
Probably, they don't agree with watching it continually. But again, their failed attempt to discern the Chosen's true intent which was the result of their bias precluded all possibility of their argument being valid.
And in the end, even if the person was right, most people won't catch these details when they watch the show. Most people are watching with Jesus in mind, not the sour intention of criticizing.
On top of that, Dallas did address Mormon issue, something which they completely neglected in their argument.
What was the Mormon issue again? Something about people thinking he was a Mormon?? I don't really know much about it.
It started as people assuming Dallas was a Mormon. However, he is an Evangelical.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126905

I've actually never heard of The Chosen. If the author doesn't want to watch it and doesn't think other people should, then cool. But that doesn't make it automatically bad. There was disagreement between John the Baptist's followers and the disciples (John 3:22-36), John was probably seen as a crazy man by a lot of people (I mean just think about it. He dressed like Elijah, lived in the desert, and ate grasshoppers), and Mary Magdalene did travel with Jesus, along with the mother of James and John and a few other women (Luke 8:1-3, Matthew 27:55-56). Of course some things have to get stretched a little to make this a show because the Gospels only give us a framework, not the full story. For example, the story of Jesus in the Temple is the only childhood story of Jesus in the Bible. John even says that there wouldn't be enough paper in the world to write down everything Jesus ever did! I won't say whether you should or shouldn't watch The Chosen, because I can't say that about something I've never seen, but I will say that whenever you watch something based on the Bible, you should know that some things were added in for storytelling purposes, and you should know the difference between that and what's actually written down.
"I truly understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation, anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him."
Acts 10:34-35
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoyBaker, sci_geeek

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126907

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3065
  • Thank you received: 432
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Uh, these are the reasons the person doesn't watch The Chosen, but they obviously had to watch it to come up with this criticism lol
Exactly. How else does one find such evidence to support their claims? They say they don't watch it, but yet, it's clear they have watched it. (And no, I'm not taking this completely out of context like they have done in their argument.)
Yeah, and they probably had to watch verryyy closely
Probably, they don't agree with watching it continually. But again, their failed attempt to discern the Chosen's true intent which was the result of their bias precluded all possibility of their argument being valid.
And in the end, even if the person was right, most people won't catch these details when they watch the show. Most people are watching with Jesus in mind, not the sour intention of criticizing.
On top of that, Dallas did address Mormon issue, something which they completely neglected in their argument.
What was the Mormon issue again? Something about people thinking he was a Mormon?? I don't really know much about it.
It started as people assuming Dallas was a Mormon. However, he is an Evangelical.
Yeah, I didn't think he was a Mormon. But I see why some people might think he was. In the credits they always say thank you to a Mormon organization for lending costumes or sets or something like that.
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126912

  • JoyBaker
  • JoyBaker's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Posts: 2103
  • Thank you received: 177
God calls me friend wrote:
I've actually never heard of The Chosen. If the author doesn't want to watch it and doesn't think other people should, then cool. But that doesn't make it automatically bad. There was disagreement between John the Baptist's followers and the disciples (John 3:22-36), John was probably seen as a crazy man by a lot of people (I mean just think about it. He dressed like Elijah, lived in the desert, and ate grasshoppers), and Mary Magdalene did travel with Jesus, along with the mother of James and John and a few other women (Luke 8:1-3, Matthew 27:55-56). Of course some things have to get stretched a little to make this a show because the Gospels only give us a framework, not the full story. For example, the story of Jesus in the Temple is the only childhood story of Jesus in the Bible. John even says that there wouldn't be enough paper in the world to write down everything Jesus ever did! I won't say whether you should or shouldn't watch The Chosen, because I can't say that about something I've never seen, but I will say that whenever you watch something based on the Bible, you should know that some things were added in for storytelling purposes, and you should know the difference between that and what's actually written down.
WELCOME BACK!! :cheer:

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: God calls me friend

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126914

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Posts: 3065
  • Thank you received: 432
God calls me friend wrote:
I've actually never heard of The Chosen. If the author doesn't want to watch it and doesn't think other people should, then cool. But that doesn't make it automatically bad. There was disagreement between John the Baptist's followers and the disciples (John 3:22-36), John was probably seen as a crazy man by a lot of people (I mean just think about it. He dressed like Elijah, lived in the desert, and ate grasshoppers), and Mary Magdalene did travel with Jesus, along with the mother of James and John and a few other women (Luke 8:1-3, Matthew 27:55-56). Of course some things have to get stretched a little to make this a show because the Gospels only give us a framework, not the full story. For example, the story of Jesus in the Temple is the only childhood story of Jesus in the Bible. John even says that there wouldn't be enough paper in the world to write down everything Jesus ever did! I won't say whether you should or shouldn't watch The Chosen, because I can't say that about something I've never seen, but I will say that whenever you watch something based on the Bible, you should know that some things were added in for storytelling purposes, and you should know the difference between that and what's actually written down.
I agree. And I like how you're open-minded about this.
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought-provoking Article On The Chosen 1 month 2 weeks ago #126923

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7298
  • Thank you received: 604
God calls me friend wrote:
I've actually never heard of The Chosen. If the author doesn't want to watch it and doesn't think other people should, then cool. But that doesn't make it automatically bad. There was disagreement between John the Baptist's followers and the disciples (John 3:22-36), John was probably seen as a crazy man by a lot of people (I mean just think about it. He dressed like Elijah, lived in the desert, and ate grasshoppers), and Mary Magdalene did travel with Jesus, along with the mother of James and John and a few other women (Luke 8:1-3, Matthew 27:55-56). Of course some things have to get stretched a little to make this a show because the Gospels only give us a framework, not the full story. For example, the story of Jesus in the Temple is the only childhood story of Jesus in the Bible. John even says that there wouldn't be enough paper in the world to write down everything Jesus ever did! I won't say whether you should or shouldn't watch The Chosen, because I can't say that about something I've never seen, but I will say that whenever you watch something based on the Bible, you should know that some things were added in for storytelling purposes, and you should know the difference between that and what's actually written down.

Thank you. You have the wisdom to at least admit you haven't watched, and because of that, you don't make assumptions. Unlike some other people. And you have made mention of the obvious disclaimer which this other individual failed to see. I recommend you do watch it, because, in the words of the millions of people that have watched it, it is powerful, amazing, beautiful, etc. I'm sure it will meet your expectations.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds