Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 4 months 4 days ago #126572

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Thank you received: 264
Do animals have free will?
Did angels have free will?
What would you say to someone who wants to know why God lets good people suffer?
“Pray and pray and pray, and if that doesn’t work, listen to what God is telling you to do!” -- random 5 year old.

#greatmindsthinkalike
Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 4 months 4 days ago #126576

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 689
BookwormJo wrote:
What would you say to someone who wants to know why God lets good people suffer?
...I've given my answers.

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 4 months 4 days ago #126579

• Butterflies
  • I’m Ambiverted.
  • Thank you received: 14
BookwormJo wrote:

My mother said that animal don’t have free will, but rather follow their instincts. Angels have free will, if they didn’t, We wouldn’t have Satan. The third.. I’ll wait ‘till tomorrow.
If you can’t find nice people in this world, be one!
“Treat others just as you want to be treated.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:31‬ ‭CEVDCI‬‬
( I used the simplest version)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sci_geeek

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 4 months 4 days ago #126580

• JoyBaker
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Thank you received: 222
Butterflies wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

My mother said that animal don’t have free will, but rather follow their instincts. Angels have free will, if they didn’t, We wouldn’t have Satan. The third.. I’ll wait ‘till tomorrow.
I agree!

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 4 months 4 days ago #126582

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
...I've given my answers.
Yeah, I was just throwing the questions out there for different perspectives.
“Pray and pray and pray, and if that doesn’t work, listen to what God is telling you to do!” -- random 5 year old.

#greatmindsthinkalike
Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 4 months 4 days ago #126583

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Other questions that were raised:

What does it mean to have a relationship with God?
What exactly is faith?
What's 2-way communication with God?
What is worship, and do you guys think it's important?

#greatmindsthinkalike

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 4 months 4 days ago #126584

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Wow, that was a lot of questions :silly: :lol:

#greatmindsthinkalike

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 4 months 4 days ago #126588

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Thank you received: 461
Yikes, don't know if I can answer these questions
melancholic/sanguine ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 4 months 4 days ago #126608

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
sci_geeek wrote:
I guess only God has all the answers

#greatmindsthinkalike

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 4 months 4 days ago #126613

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Thank you received: 461
BookwormJo wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
I guess only God has all the answers
I mean, I guess some people know the answers to some of those questions..but I don't, lol
melancholic/sanguine ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 4 weeks ago #126752

• ItzPeachy_Lemon
  • Artistic-GAMER GUR-INFULENCER-hehee-ANIME
  • Thank you received: 13
Well I know the answers to to all of them! And I actually recently learned why God lets people suffer! I learned it from a podcast that we always listen to on the sabbath and from my mom also at church! God doesn't make bad things happen to us! But he does let bad things happen, He can stop bad things from happening to us but sometimes he chooses to let those things happen to us! To teach us an important lesson or to help us grow! Like what I was saying is that he can stop bad things happening to us like for an example. A car accident say the person was drinking! And a family in another car got hit! God loves us and has so much respect for us that he gives us free will! He doesn't force us to do what he wants! Sometimes and i'm not gonna lie I wonder why he does that to have so much respect! But I guess I'll never know! I hope this makes sense! You just have to trust God that he knows whats best- (and lol sorry If I added the word (happen) in way to much) But you should also ask your parents about this they can probably explain it better!
Your amazing just remember that! Jesus thinks so too! :D

{Itz_PeachyLemon}
The following user(s) said Thank You: BookwormJo

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 4 weeks ago #126760

• Faithful Servant
  • I love sea creatures, Jesus, reading and dancing!
  • Thank you received: 13
JoyBaker wrote:
Butterflies wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

I agree!
Same.
Sea Creatures show God's Love!

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 4 weeks ago #126762

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
ItzPeachy_Lemon wrote:
Well I know the answers to to all of them! And I actually recently learned why God lets people suffer! I learned it from a podcast that we always listen to on the sabbath and from my mom also at church! God doesn't make bad things happen to us! But he does let bad things happen, He can stop bad things from happening to us but sometimes he chooses to let those things happen to us! To teach us an important lesson or to help us grow! Like what I was saying is that he can stop bad things happening to us like for an example. A car accident say the person was drinking! And a family in another car got hit! God loves us and has so much respect for us that he gives us free will! He doesn't force us to do what he wants! Sometimes and i'm not gonna lie I wonder why he does that to have so much respect! But I guess I'll never know! I hope this makes sense! You just have to trust God that he knows whats best- (and lol sorry If I added the word (happen) in way to much) But you should also ask your parents about this they can probably explain it better!
That's the general consensus.

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 4 weeks ago #126778

• Alyssa4Jesus
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 200
BookwormJo wrote:

1. Regarding the first question, God placed us as humans in dominion over the animals.

Genesis 1:26 KJV
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

According to the dictionary, dominion means sovereignty or control which would mean God placed us in control over all animals but then you ask if animals have free will. Free will means "the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion", or simply, "voluntary choice or decision". It's the ability to make a decision and being able to determine right from wrong as well. You see, animals are dichotomous beings, they have bodies and a soul that gives them consciousness but consciousness as we do. We are conscious of the difference between evil and good. They aren't able to determine/differentiate between right/wrong so they don't have free will.

2. Regarding the second question, I think angels have free will because the devil was initially Lucifer and 2.it was through his own 'free will', he became jealous of God, resulting in the whole 'revolution' and him being thrown out, along with 1/3 of the angels whom he negatively influenced and becoming Satan. His free will and 'delusional' dreams led to him believing he could exalt himself above God.

Isaiah 14: 12-14 KJV
"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God, I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."

3. Regarding the last question, I like to say, the devil will call 'foul' (meaning in this case, contrary to the rules or unfairly) if sin doesn't run it's course. First off, sin entered the world because Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden. (Genesis 3:9-24) We suffer because it is the consequence for our wrong actions but, personally, I believe, at least from what I've learned, heard and studied in life, good people suffer as a way of testing their faith.

2 Timothy 3:12 KJV
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Matthew 5: 10-12 KJV
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

I mean, if we weren't going through some tough times, we wouldn't really be able to see if our faith is as strong as we think it is because some people believe that their faith is strong but when they fall on their hard times, they 'fail' and give in, if you get what I'm saying. So I just think God is testing his people when good people go through hard times.

Then again, who is a 'good' person. " For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:23 KJV

Technically speaking, their aren't really any good people.

Mark 10:18
"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."
(Make sure you read the rest of the chapter so you don't get led astray.)

Yeah, that was my 2 cents. (Sorry HRgreat/p4e or which mod is posting this)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BookwormJo, JoyBaker

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 4 weeks ago #126779

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
ItzPeachy_Lemon wrote:
You say you know all the answers to them, yet you "wonder why he does that to have so much respect." On top of that, you only answered two of the several questions. Not all knowledge is attainable.

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 3 weeks ago #126833

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Great replies guys!

#greatmindsthinkalike

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 3 weeks ago #126834

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Wow, Alyssa, I like how your reply was detailed and used Biblical evidence. Thumbs-up!

#greatmindsthinkalike
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoyBaker, Alyssa4Jesus

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 3 weeks ago #126848

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
BookwormJo wrote:
Wow, Alyssa, I like how your reply was detailed and used Biblical evidence. Thumbs-up!
She's been practicing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Butterflies

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 3 weeks ago #126850

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
BookwormJo wrote:
I'm afraid I noticed some inconsistencies in her reply.

A lack of conciousness between right or wrong does not eliminate free will. However, it somewhat limits it. Animals do have free will, but it is limited by their instincts, lack of moral recognition, lowly status, and limited intelligence.

Angels, as you have correctly stated, do have free will. But again, that free will has it's limits, or more specifically, just one. The Godhead. If you remember, Satan had to ask God for permission to harass Job. And the demons had to ask Jesus for mercy and to be relocated into swine.

There are several issues with your third answer. Firstly, the person's definition of "good" in this hypothetical scenario is actually "innocent". Thus, rendering the Romans and Matthew texts useless. However, you can throw those texts at them first to catch them off guard, but they might change "good" to "innocent" after you give them that response. That aside, the most Biblically correct answer is that the innocent suffers for the glory of God. Recall the healing of the blind beggar that was unable to see from his birth. Of course, that answer is the one of the most unsatisfactory answers to that question. The best thing to do is to admit that you don't have all the answers and say that all you and they can do is trust God in a very elaborate manner, to make them lose focus on their unanswerable question.

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 3 weeks ago #126853

• Alyssa4Jesus
  • NOW ONLINE
Um....the Romans and Matthews texts were used for me to express an opinion I had in mind. They weren't being used to add to the questions being discussed.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Alyssa4Jesus.

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 3 weeks ago #126854

• Alyssa4Jesus
  • NOW ONLINE
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
I'm afraid I noticed some inconsistencies in her reply.

A lack of conciousness between right or wrong does not eliminate free will. However, it somewhat limits it. Animals do have free will, but it is limited by their instincts, lack of moral recognition, lowly status, and limited intelligence.

Angels, as you have correctly stated, do have free will. But again, that free will has it's limits, or more specifically, just one. The Godhead. If you remember, Satan had to ask God for permission to harass Job. And the demons had to ask Jesus for mercy and to be relocated into swine.

There are several issues with your third answer. Firstly, the person's definition of "good" in this hypothetical scenario is actually "innocent". Thus, rendering the Romans and Matthew texts useless. However, you can throw those texts at them first to catch them off guard, but they might change "good" to "innocent" after you give them that response. That aside, the most Biblically correct answer is that the innocent suffers for the glory of God. Recall the healing of the blind beggar that was unable to see from his birth. Of course, that answer is the one of the most unsatisfactory answers to that question. The best thing to do is to admit that you don't have all the answers and say that all you and they can do is trust God in a very elaborate manner, to make them lose focus on their unanswerable question.
Um....I don't see where you've pointed out any inconsiatencies, all you've done is add to my 'arguments'.

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 3 weeks ago #126855

• Alyssa4Jesus
  • NOW ONLINE
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
She's been practicing.
Um...no I haven't been. I just stated an opinion along with my sources. What's there to practise lol?

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 3 weeks ago #126863

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
She's been practicing.
Um...no I haven't been. I just stated an opinion along with my sources. What's there to practise?
Oh well then...

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 3 weeks ago #126865

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:

Of course, that answer is the one of the most unsatisfactory answers to that question. The best thing to do is to admit that you don't have all the answers and say that all you and they can do is trust God in a very elaborate manner, to make them lose focus on their unanswerable question.
Lol, that kinda sounds like we're trying to brainwash or blindside others.

#greatmindsthinkalike

Confusing Questions from our discussion on the Guide Chat 3 months 3 weeks ago #126866

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
She's been practicing.
Um...no I haven't been. I just stated an opinion along with my sources. What's there to practise lol?
That's pretty much a veiled compliment from Khriz :lol: :P

#greatmindsthinkalike
  • Page:
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds