Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I'm totally freaking out right now

I'm totally freaking out right now 10 months 1 week ago #111277

• KristytheCorgi
  • life's too short to be sad
  • Thank you received: 72
HELP!

Ok, so, like, there is this guy that scare the wits out of me. I am sort of friends with him, because ever since I started Pathfinders this year, I've made a bunch of guy friends, so I kind of hang out with him, but it's usually that he come and hang out with ME. I have this awful feeling that he likes me. I'm going to call this guy, Josh.
OK. So it's not like the end of the world, is it? Well, this guy follows me EVERWHERE. :sick: :sick: And that isn't even the worst part. He's in sixth grade. I'm too old for him! And now the other sixth grade boys are saying that he is my boyfriend!!!! :angry: :unsure: :sick: Here's the thing, Josh has NO SELF CONTROL. I can't stand being around him because he just NEVER LEVELS DOWN. I want to just forget that he even exists but that doesn't feel right, especially because the guys don't like being with him. I don't want to be with him, too. But I don't want to be mean either. Help?
Remember, it's just a bad day, not a bad life. Keep smiling everyone

-- Love Chill Music
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I'm totally freaking out right now 10 months 1 week ago #111283

• InsidiousCynic
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ecclesiastes 1:2 NIV
  • Thank you received: 74
Hmmm...this is no simple situation...it requires much careful planning and tact....

Ignore it completely (by which I mean ignore whatever instinct you have to sucker punch him or vomit or sob every time you see him) !

That's just my advice, no matter how misguided. Will he continue following you? More than likely. Will any of this have a significant effect on your life? Probably not. Unless, of course, he turns out to be a creepy stalker, in which case I recommend contacting the authorities as quickly as possible (don't use a home/cell phone, it might be tapped; find a payphone), this is just another irritating phase you have to go through, like potty training or *shudder* calculus :sick: . Here comes the hard part. I don't want you to feel like I'm belittling you or your problem, but try to think about this: Will this guy's following you around, or the silly sixth graders calling him your boyfriend, affect your life two years from now? Five years from now? Will you even remember any of this ten years from now? I doubt it (unless you have photographic memory or keep a very detailed diary or have an irritating little sister who likes poking fun at every embarrassing aspect of your childhood at family get-togethers...not that I have any experience with that...). Be friendly, just enough so that you can sleep at night while keeping the "ha-ha, he's your boyfriend" mockery to a minimum. Find that golden ratio of friendliness. Or you could just tell him off, that's always a valid option. At the end of the day, it's all up to you. Either way, eventually he will move on, you'll move on, and a jolly good (or terrible) time will be had by all. Have faith, patience and courage. Wow, I suck at giving advice. I'm sorry if I've scarred you for life.
“'Meaningless! Meaningless!' says the Teacher. 'Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.'”
Ecclesiastes 1:2 NIV

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
-Somebody

I'm totally freaking out right now 10 months 1 week ago #111295

KristytheCorgi wrote:
HELP!

Ok, so, like, there is this guy that scare the wits out of me. I am sort of friends with him, because ever since I started Pathfinders this year, I've made a bunch of guy friends, so I kind of hang out with him, but it's usually that he come and hang out with ME. I have this awful feeling that he likes me. I'm going to call this guy, Josh.
OK. So it's not like the end of the world, is it? Well, this guy follows me EVERWHERE. :sick: :sick: And that isn't even the worst part. He's in sixth grade. I'm too old for him! And now the other sixth grade boys are saying that he is my boyfriend!!!! :angry: :unsure: :sick: Here's the thing, Josh has NO SELF CONTROL. I can't stand being around him because he just NEVER LEVELS DOWN. I want to just forget that he even exists but that doesn't feel right, especially because the guys don't like being with him. I don't want to be with him, too. But I don't want to be mean either. Help?
Ooohh, Last year, my friend had the same problem with this boy in her grade 7 class.

Writers Block: When your imaginary friends refuse to talk to you.

YouTube Channels:

Stories of Faith: www.youtube.com/channel/UCudEpP-KJhonYokRNIMC6pg
Kute Kitties: www.youtube.com/channel/UCWEvdHXKaaITP_cGYgBRYaw

I'm totally freaking out right now 10 months 6 days ago #111305

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 604
InsidiousCynic wrote:
Hmmm...this is no simple situation...it requires much careful planning and tact....

Ignore it completely (by which I mean ignore whatever instinct you have to sucker punch him or vomit or sob every time you see him) !

That's just my advice, no matter how misguided. Will he continue following you? More than likely. Will any of this have a significant effect on your life? Probably not. Unless, of course, he turns out to be a creepy stalker, in which case I recommend contacting the authorities as quickly as possible (don't use a home/cell phone, it might be tapped; find a payphone), this is just another irritating phase you have to go through, like potty training or *shudder* calculus :sick: . Here comes the hard part. I don't want you to feel like I'm belittling you or your problem, but try to think about this: Will this guy's following you around, or the silly sixth graders calling him your boyfriend, affect your life two years from now? Five years from now? Will you even remember any of this ten years from now? I doubt it (unless you have photographic memory or keep a very detailed diary or have an irritating little sister who likes poking fun at every embarrassing aspect of your childhood at family get-togethers...not that I have any experience with that...). Be friendly, just enough so that you can sleep at night while keeping the "ha-ha, he's your boyfriend" mockery to a minimum. Find that golden ratio of friendliness. Or you could just tell him off, that's always a valid option. At the end of the day, it's all up to you. Either way, eventually he will move on, you'll move on, and a jolly good (or terrible) time will be had by all. Have faith, patience and courage. Wow, I suck at giving advice. I'm sorry if I've scarred you for life.
I agree to an extent. Ignoring him is a good place to start (even though it seems cold and harsh). But since this has been occurring for a while, getting him to stop for good will be a difficult task. I need some more information, if you can.

I'm totally freaking out right now 4 months 2 weeks ago #120475

• KristytheCorgi
Oh, guys, funny thing, this guy is now one of my best friends. Lol. He's matured too. Oh, man, reading my old posts makes me laugh so much!

-- Love Chill Music

I'm totally freaking out right now 4 months 2 weeks ago #120483

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Oh, guys, funny thing, this guy is now one of my best friends. Lol. He's matured too. Oh, man, reading my old posts makes me laugh so much!
Reading old posts makes me cringe so much...
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoyBaker

I'm totally freaking out right now 4 months 2 weeks ago #120490

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Thank you received: 432
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Yeah, but now we have a new problem that involves him. Now some of our friends who are not friends with him call him stupid. I'm not very sure what to do about that :dry:
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile

I'm totally freaking out right now 4 months 2 weeks ago #120502

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
sci_geeek wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Yeah, but now we have a new problem that involves him. Now some of our friends who are not friends with him call him stupid. I'm not very sure what to do about that :dry:
How does he react?

I'm totally freaking out right now 4 months 2 weeks ago #120504

• KristytheCorgi
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Ugh that too.

-- Love Chill Music

I'm totally freaking out right now 4 months 2 weeks ago #120515

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Thank you received: 432
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
How does he react?
I don't think they do it in his face...
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile

I'm totally freaking out right now 4 months 1 week ago #120520

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
How does he react?
I don't think they do it in his face...
Well then, a lot of potential tensions are resolved.

I'm totally freaking out right now 4 months 1 week ago #120534

• Lightness
  • Atheist. Independent French music(some) are cool.
  • Thank you received: 59
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Fr

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: Lightness#8110

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606

I'm totally freaking out right now 4 months 1 week ago #120535

• KristytheCorgi
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
How does he react?
Well, I dunno. I mean, he finds it annoying and he tells me that he hates it, but he isn't exactly one for conflict. He usually just stays quiet or laughs. Other times he just isn't around so that's when the kids say the meaner stuff.

-- Love Chill Music

I'm totally freaking out right now 4 months 1 week ago #120569

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
How does he react?
Well, I dunno. I mean, he finds it annoying and he tells me that he hates it, but he isn't exactly one for conflict. He usually just stays quiet or laughs. Other times he just isn't around so that's when the kids say the meaner stuff.
Smart dude. Bully for him.
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds