• Thank you received: 184
jodiaz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Or, you could ask God to handpick the best friends for you. God didn't make us to be hermits. He made Eve for Adam.
And he sent Hannani, Mishael and Azariah (hope I'm spelling their names right) for Daniel.
And Mordecai for Esther.
And Ruth and Orpah for Naomi.
"Handpick." I like it. My parents always say that it's important to choose friends wisely, but I don't always have the privilege to do so. I usually have to be friends with whoever my parents present to me, or people who aren't the greatest examples choose me. I should trust God to pick true friends for me, and I pray that I myself can be chosen to be someone else's true friend.
My parents don't go into my "friend life" anyways I probably wouldn't let them.
Just make sure you consult God while picking friends. "Some “friends” pretend to be friends, but a true friend sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24
"Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals."" 1 Corinthians 15:33
Are you only quoting Bible verses now? Wow, you changed quickly. Or.. I never knew you much.
I think I've always quoted Bible verses.
*awkward grin*
you sure?
Yep. From before you joined

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106584

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 609
endershadow112 wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Or, you could ask God to handpick the best friends for you. God didn't make us to be hermits. He made Eve for Adam.
And he sent Hannani, Mishael and Azariah (hope I'm spelling their names right) for Daniel.
And Mordecai for Esther.
"Handpick." I like it. My parents always say that it's important to choose friends wisely, but I don't always have the privilege to do so. I usually have to be friends with whoever my parents present to me, or people who aren't the greatest examples choose me. I should trust God to pick true friends for me, and I pray that I myself can be chosen to be someone else's true friend.
I don't really have a lot of friends, neither do I spend a lot of time with them. I do more important stuff.

I'm an introvert and haven't been a social person for most of my life, but I gotta disagree. The best times I've had have been with friends, even things I enjoy doing alone are more fun when you can share them with friends. Even just online friends can make a difference. I used to tell myself I didn't need friends, but I was really just afraid to put myself out there and step out of my comfort zone.
Your experience and mine are two different things. Plus, I've already thought of that. People pretend to be friends only to stab you in the back. So, I don't want friends, let alone need them.

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106585

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
JoyBaker wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Plus, God may not have changed, but we have. Over the course of 6 millennia, man has morally degraded severely. So expecting a friendship or relationship with someone according to expectations is virtually impossible.
"But nothing is impossible for God.” Luke 1:37
The question no one asks is "Why?". Why do people act desperate to get friends? Why is popularity a popular trend these days?
People are desperate to have friends because they want to be accepted and appreciated. They try to use friends to fill the void in their lives. Which is the wrong reason for having friends.
First, we get right with God, then God sends us people that we can help and encourage and they will do the same for us.
The question no one asks is "Why?". Why do people act desperate to get friends? Why is popularity a popular trend these days? Why do act stupidly upon a weak impulse called love? It's like we aren't supposed to ask these questions.
God is Love. Real Love. Not what the world calls love. Just read 1 Corinthians 13.
Love? Haha. If I continue, I'll be saying too much. Love is a fog on a cliff, blinding you until-- you get the idea. Love also shows weakness. (Ofc I'm talking about a different type of love, but they're pretty much the same.) All the good you see is just a thin sheet that covers all evil. And love is the greatest of these. Love. *scoffs* It's just simply an illusion.
And then someone is gonna equate God with love. Try that.
So are you implying that God’s love is weak? That doesn’t make any sense to me. I don’t think I understand at all.
1 John 4:8 - But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 1 John 4:16 - We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.
God’s love is true And His word is correct
Oh. 1 more verse. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18
Call it what you will. Besides, some people can't or simply won't understand. Love and life are some of the unnecessarily complicated we as humans experience. Sometimes, our finite minds shut down when trying to make sense of reality.

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106588

• BookwormJo
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Thank you received: 257
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Plus, God may not have changed, but we have. Over the course of 6 millennia, man has morally degraded severely. So expecting a friendship or relationship with someone according to expectations is virtually impossible.
The question no one asks is "Why?". Why do people act desperate to get friends? Why is popularity a popular trend these days?
People are desperate to have friends because they want to be accepted and appreciated. They try to use friends to fill the void in their lives. Which is the wrong reason for having friends.
First, we get right with God, then God sends us people that we can help and encourage and they will do the same for us.
The question no one asks is "Why?". Why do people act desperate to get friends? Why is popularity a popular trend these days? Why do act stupidly upon a weak impulse called love? It's like we aren't supposed to ask these questions.
God is Love. Real Love. Not what the world calls love. Just read 1 Corinthians 13.
Love? Haha. If I continue, I'll be saying too much. Love is a fog on a cliff, blinding you until-- you get the idea. Love also shows weakness. (Ofc I'm talking about a different type of love, but they're pretty much the same.) All the good you see is just a thin sheet that covers all evil. And love is the greatest of these. Love. *scoffs* It's just simply an illusion.
So are you implying that God’s love is weak? That doesn’t make any sense to me. I don’t think I understand at all.
1 John 4:8 - But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 1 John 4:16 - We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.
Oh. 1 more verse. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18
Call it what you will. Besides, some people can't or simply won't understand. Love and life are some of the unnecessarily complicated we as humans experience. Sometimes, our finite minds shut down when trying to make sense of reality.
Alright. So what's your definition of "love"?
No one who trusts in God will ever be disappointed.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#greatmindsthinkalike

Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106589

• BookwormJo
  • I'm indescribable.
Experience taught me otherwise.
Je ne comprends.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#greatmindsthinkalike

Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106590

• BookwormJo
  • I'm indescribable.
lol i just highlighted while I read it and saw the last part xd. I think the only types of love is forced loved and love as a gift. but i dont like either.
What do you mean?
*siri voice* I'm not sure I understand.

#greatmindsthinkalike

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106591

• JoyBaker
  • Psalm 145:3
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

The Bible is true so if you disagree with that, does that mean you don’t believe the Bible is entirely true?

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106595

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
And Mordecai for Esther.
I don't really have a lot of friends, neither do I spend a lot of time with them. I do more important stuff.

I'm an introvert and haven't been a social person for most of my life, but I gotta disagree. The best times I've had have been with friends, even things I enjoy doing alone are more fun when you can share them with friends. Even just online friends can make a difference. I used to tell myself I didn't need friends, but I was really just afraid to put myself out there and step out of my comfort zone.
Your experience and mine are two different things. Plus, I've already thought of that. People pretend to be friends only to stab you in the back. So, I don't want friends, let alone need them.
What I need is knowledge and power. Knowledge to know what is the best decision to make in each situation. And power to actually do it, preventing me from doing stupid things that will have disastrous results. Friends and all things similar won't help me, generally. Instead, to them, I am practically a nobody that they will try to use to their advantage. That's what I learned from my mentor, experience.

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106605

• Lightness
  • Atheist. Independent French music(some) are cool.
  • Thank you received: 59
BookwormJo wrote:
lol i just highlighted while I read it and saw the last part xd. I think the only types of love is forced loved and love as a gift. but i dont like either.
What do you mean?
lol. remember we can be forced to love God or a person. from a person tho we dont have to.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: Lightness#8110

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106610

• JoyBaker
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
And Mordecai for Esther.

What I need is knowledge and power. Knowledge to know what is the best decision to make in each situation. And power to actually do it, preventing me from doing stupid things that will have disastrous results. Friends and all things similar won't help me, generally. Instead, to them, I am practically a nobody that they will try to use to their advantage. That's what I learned from my mentor, experience.
Not everyone is like that. Even if 4/5 of people are like that, not everyone is. I try to be the best friend I can be, (even though I don’t see anyone regularly) God will show you who is best for you and/or who you shouldn’t befriend. Anyway… I am done with this topic. If you still want to believe that, it’s totally fine but that is not right and I do not believe that so I won’t argue with you anymore.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106611

JoyBaker wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

The Bible is true so if you disagree with that, does that mean you don’t believe the Bible is entirely true?

You two aren't talking about the same kind of love. Plus interpreting verses differently is not disagreeing with the bible.

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106617

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
jodiaz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
What do you mean?
lol. remember we can be forced to love God or a person. from a person tho we dont have to.
True

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106618

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
JoyBaker wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
And Mordecai for Esther.

Not everyone is like that. Even if 4/5 of people are like that, not everyone is. I try to be the best friend I can be, (even though I don’t see anyone regularly) God will show you who is best for you and/or who you shouldn’t befriend. Anyway… I am done with this topic. If you still want to believe that, it’s totally fine but that is not right and I do not believe that so I won’t argue with you anymore.
Sorry, but I can't throw away years of experience only to believe that the world is a utopia where all life coexists.
Haha. You really think I'm gonna believe that, when all I've learned is actually contrary to that? Come on.

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106619

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
endershadow112 wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

You two aren't talking about the same kind of love. Plus interpreting verses differently is not disagreeing with the bible.
I'm talking about all types of love, "real" and fake. They're all not what they appear to be. They're corrupt, used to take advantage of gullible people. And even if there is "true" love, it is conditional.

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106627

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Thank you received: 439
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

I'm talking about all types of love, "real" and fake. They're all not what they appear to be. They're corrupt, used to take advantage of gullible people. And even if there is "true" love, it is conditional.
Say what you will. But I love all yall, and you guys mean a lot to me. All of you Guidesters. And no one's going to tell me I'm lying. Sometimes it's hard to believe God really is love, so I won't say anything about that...but I do believe some people love genuinely. Maybe some ppl haven't met anyone like that, but even though the world is corrupt and the opposite of a utopia, there are still a few good people in the world. It's just difficult to find them.
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106629

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Alright, before misconceptions arise, I'd like to say something.

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106640

• BookwormJo
  • I'm indescribable.
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Whew! *relieved sigh*
Man, you had me there!

#greatmindsthinkalike

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106649

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Whew! *relieved sigh*
Man, you had me there!
Well, now you know I can be a prankster. ;) Great job.

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106650

• JoyBaker
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Whew.. *loud sigh* Great…. But… PLEASE Don’t do that again… Next time, (if there is one) I will only say 1 thing and if the person doesn’t listen, I will not continue the argument… It was NOT fun

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106651

• BookwormJo
  • I'm indescribable.
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I was seriously worried.

#greatmindsthinkalike

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106657

• BookwormJo
  • I'm indescribable.
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Wait, you were seriously joking, right? Or is this the joke? I don't know what to think anymore. :side:

#greatmindsthinkalike

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106658

• JoyBaker
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Whew! *relieved sigh*
Man, you had me there!

Well, now you know I can be a prankster. ;) Great job.
I was just starting to think…” This is a Christian site, how can that be allowed?” I probably would have stopped using guide. Please don’t do that again

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106665

• Lightness
JoyBaker wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

actually people can read the Bible and interpret it differently. it mostly affected from where you came from tho.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106666

• Lightness
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
lol ur an athiest haha xd haha very funny cant stop laughing hehe such a good way to stop arguing hehe

How To Confront A Girl 1 year 1 month ago #106667

• Lightness
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Wait, you were seriously joking, right? Or is this the joke? I don't know what to think anymore. :side:
lol he has a dark side i forgot to warn you guys.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds