Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: to kiss or not to kiss?

who cares? go ahead and do it! 135 53.6%
umm, yeah no 117 46.4%
Total number of voters: 252 ( lickington, Faithful Servant, LittleRock, breyer horses + dog lover 24, TheSparrowBlogger ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Kissing before marriage: What do you think?

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #51677

This is not a yes or no question at our age however the answer should be no to kissing. For two mature people in a committed relationship (for instance say they're engaged) then it's more difficult. Although it should be a choice that the couple makes, its also a choice they must pray about.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #51712

• Mp137
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 2099
Joy wrote:
I think most of you guys are trying to deal with and understand a topic that is too old for you.[/quote

And what would be the proper age?
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #51739

• mknz12
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 270
I finally have something to say about this!! :woohoo: whatever we do, we need to remember this verse: (THIS GOES FOR GUYS TOO ;) )

Song of Solomon 8:4- "Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: do not awaken or arouse love until it so desires."

So ya that's it... :silly:
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady
The following user(s) said Thank You: deee133, Blue Tornado, Mp137

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #51758

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3303
JustMe wrote:
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
@Just Me, kissing is a type of sexual intercourse. Sorry (not sorry) but I have to put it out there. Let's face it, when one person kisses another, it's not just ''peck' and your done. You're probably going to want more, and more, and more until you've got a defiled marriage bed (Hebrews 13:4). on top of that, I (unfortunately) know?by experience that when you kiss someone there's a personal tie there that is extremely difficult to sever. every time you see that person you're reminded of the little bit of yourself thAt you gave to them. Its...very difficult.

Kissing isn't intercourse. Kissing can lead to intercourse, but they're different things.

How so? If kissing leads to "sexual intercourse" then something must be going on in that kiss that'll make the people want more right? Where's the difference?

Studying can lead to passing a class, but they're two different things.

That had nothing to do with what I said. And if it did then can you elaborate?

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #51759

• Quirky
@mknz, ya know, for the longest time i tried to use that verse to answer these kind of questions but when i looked back at the KJV to find it didn't. What you quote comes from the New King James Version (a translation that i don't trust at all because it waters down the scriptures) this is what KJV says:

Song of Solomon 8:4- I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, until he please.

Of course, i'm not going to tell you which version of the bible to use 'cause i don't make those kind of decisions for you (i actually don't make any decisions for you), but i thought i should point that out.

@JUstMe, i know you were talking to Prov17, but i wanted to ask you a question concerning what you said. If you were getting ready to marry the love of your life and you guys were hanging out at the beach on day, ya know, just talking' about life and stuff, and then she tells you that she has had 15 boyfriends and kissed every single one of them before she met you, and so now she's a really good kisser, how would you feel about that? i'm being serious. How would you feel to know that this girl that you love has made out with 15 other boys, has given herself (or her lips anyway) away to other boys? What does that mean to you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #51791

• Prov17
  • Read the Bible
  • Thank you received: 316
JustMe, Feel free to call me sheltered. I don't bother too listen to gossip about someone being a bad kisser nor do I read modern romance books. I'm happy to be homeschooled. I know how to kiss because it happens in movies that I see and being in the vicinity of young couples who are already married.
Proverbs 17:15, "He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to Yahweh."

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #51806

• Joy
  • Aussie, Ausie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!
  • Thank you received: 54
Mp137 wrote:
Joy wrote:
I think most of you guys are trying to deal with and understand a topic that is too old for you.[/quote

And what would be the proper age?

It doesn't necessarily have to do with age, but maturity. Different people can understand this topic at different ages due to this. I personally think there isn't a 'proper' age.
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
― André Gide
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #52006

• mknz12
Quirky wrote:
@mknz, ya know, for the longest time i tried to use that verse to answer these kind of questions but when i looked back at the KJV to find it didn't. What you quote comes from the New King James Version (a translation that i don't trust at all because it waters down the scriptures) this is what KJV says:

Song of Solomon 8:4- I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, until he please.

Of course, i'm not going to tell you which version of the bible to use 'cause i don't make those kind of decisions for you (i actually don't make any decisions for you), but i thought i should point that out.

@JUstMe, i know you were talking to Prov17, but i wanted to ask you a question concerning what you said. If you were getting ready to marry the love of your life and you guys were hanging out at the beach on day, ya know, just talking' about life and stuff, and then she tells you that she has had 15 boyfriends and kissed every single one of them before she met you, and so now she's a really good kisser, how would you feel about that? i'm being serious. How would you feel to know that this girl that you love has made out with 15 other boys, has given herself (or her lips anyway) away to other boys? What does that mean to you?

Well the King James Version is just a version James I had written from 1604-1611 it's not the original Bible soo... I disagree about the NIV watering down the scriptures, it just clarifies. I can't get through English written in the 17th century that's just me and I'm an avid reader. I'm not mad at you or anything either... but arghh I'm off topic I'll just let you all get back to this. XD

So let the stars drop,
You keep me steady

The following user(s) said Thank You: Violingirl1

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #52066

• JustMe
  • I'm a human.
  • Thank you received: 192
Quirky wrote:
JustMe wrote:
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
@Just Me, kissing is a type of sexual intercourse. Sorry (not sorry) but I have to put it out there. Let's face it, when one person kisses another, it's not just ''peck' and your done. You're probably going to want more, and more, and more until you've got a defiled marriage bed (Hebrews 13:4). on top of that, I (unfortunately) know?by experience that when you kiss someone there's a personal tie there that is extremely difficult to sever. every time you see that person you're reminded of the little bit of yourself thAt you gave to them. Its...very difficult.

Kissing isn't intercourse. Kissing can lead to intercourse, but they're different things.

How so? If kissing leads to "sexual intercourse" then something must be going on in that kiss that'll make the people want more right? Where's the difference?

Studying can lead to passing a class, but they're two different things.

That had nothing to do with what I said. And if it did then can you elaborate?

It's a comparison. I'm comparing what you said to a different situation. You said that because kissing can lead to intercourse, therefore it is intercourse. Studying can lead to passing a class, but it is not passing a class.
"How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real" – Jaden Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: noble240

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #52068

• JustMe
  • I'm a human.
Quirky wrote:

I wouldn't really care, but I'd be wondering what on earth her train of thought was to go from general things to that.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #52070

• JustMe
  • I'm a human.
Prov17 wrote:
JustMe, Feel free to call me sheltered. I don't bother too listen to gossip about someone being a bad kisser nor do I read modern romance books. I'm happy to be homeschooled. I know how to kiss because it happens in movies that I see and being in the vicinity of young couples who are already married.

See, a movie isn't really a great source for stuff (unless it's a documentary or something). In most movies, the theme tends to be "good always beats evil", when it doesn't always, or that "if you wish hard enough, your dreams will come true", which is not reality, you have to work to get what you want. Observation can be a good source, but as you said, they are already married, and let's suppose they both had their first kiss of all time, they still had time to practice since then. Also, I'm sure it's not all in the looks, it could also be the feeling that makes people judge whether they are good or bad kissers. I don't read romance books at all, most guys don't.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #52091

• mknz12
Oops, meant the NKJV. Haha

So let the stars drop,
You keep me steady

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #52190

Joy wrote:
I think most of you guys are trying to deal with and understand a topic that is too old for you.
yeah! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #52205

• Quirky
mknz12 wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Well the King James Version is just a version James I had written from 1604-1611 it's not the original Bible soo... I disagree about the NIV watering down the scriptures, it just clarifies. I can't get through English written in the 17th century that's just me and I'm an avid reader. I'm not mad at you or anything either... but arghh I'm off topic I'll just let you all get back to this. XD

no its okay, i know what you mean. but sometimes when they try to "clarify" something, it takes the deeper meaning out of the scripture. Example:

Matthew 18:22 (KJV)- Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Matthew 18:22 (NIV)- Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

Jesus was prophesying when he said seventy times seven (don't forget the 70 week prophesy in Daniel 9). the NIV totally changed that meaning. and i believe that while revisions of the KJV (i can talk about that later if ya want) may "clarify" some passages or scripture, it takes away from the deep truths that God is trying to reveal. The bible isn't a story book that we read through. Its the textbook of life that we are suppose to study. so i don't know how a watered down version of His Word can help.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #52222

• Joy
  • Aussie, Ausie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!
  • Thank you received: 54
Quirky wrote:
mknz12 wrote:
Quirky wrote:

no its okay, i know what you mean. but sometimes when they try to "clarify" something, it takes the deeper meaning out of the scripture. Example:

Matthew 18:22 (KJV)- Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Matthew 18:22 (NIV)- Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

Jesus was prophesying when he said seventy times seven (don't forget the 70 week prophesy in Daniel 9). the NIV totally changed that meaning. and i believe that while revisions of the KJV (i can talk about that later if ya want) may "clarify" some passages or scripture, it takes away from the deep truths that God is trying to reveal. The bible isn't a story book that we read through. Its the textbook of life that we are suppose to study. so i don't know how a watered down version of His Word can help.

Most versions say 'seventy times seven' including the NKJV and the NLT :side:
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
― André Gide

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #52228

• Quirky
Joy wrote:
Quirky wrote:
mknz12 wrote:
Quirky wrote:

@JUstMe, i know you were talking to Prov17, but i wanted to ask you a question
concerning what you said. If you were getting ready to marry the love of your life and you guys were hanging out at the beach on day, ya know, just talking' about life and stuff, and then she tells you that she has had 15 boyfriends and kissed every single one of them before she met you, and so now she's a really good kisser, how would you feel about that? i'm being serious. How would you feel to know that this girl that you love has made out with 15 other boys, has given herself (or her lips anyway) away to other boys? What does that mean to you?

Most versions say 'seventy times seven' including the NKJV and the NLT :side:

I know. I was just giving an example. I guess my point is that we need to be careful with what we read, including versions of the bible, ya know?

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 11 months ago #53983

• noble240
  • Thank you received: 23
Violingirl1 wrote:
Kissing is not the same as "taking it too far." Yes, it can lead to "taking it too far." But it's not the same. If there is a verse in the Bible saying that kissing before marriage defiles my body like sex before marriage does, please show me.

"Before marriage" is also a broad term. 11-year-olds versus 25-year-olds kissing are two very different situations that can be determined differently.

Very well said Violingirl1. There is no Bible verse that speaks against kissing before marriage, but there are many that speak against what it can lead to: sexually intercourse. God made sex to be reserved for marriage. So that needs to wait. But kissing isn't sex, and we've all kissed our mom or she kissed us to show love. I think it's okay to kiss before marriage but it depends on the age. As violingirl1 said, 11 year olds kissing: problem. At that age you shouldn't be dating. But if you are engaged at 25, or even if you are just dating at 25, you wouldn't kiss your GF/BF occasionally even? I am actually a bit surprised how many of you are saying no, especially since I am pretty sure you will be the ones to do it lol! :) B) Also has to depend on maturity. Please don't take it to the next level.
God Bless!
Noble Obodum
Founder & President, AdventistsConnect
www.adventistsconnect.tk
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 11 months ago #53984

• noble240
karah wrote:
Ok. I heard in a sermon series that was at my church, that kissing is not a sin. But, if the kissing causes you to have lustful thoughts, that is when it becomes a sin. In my opinion, kissing is ok, but I'm not a big fan of PDA... Honestly though, I think that if you really like someone, you should show them that you love them... With all your clothes on. :silly:

Haha! I like the way you said that, very Funny! :) but it's true!
God Bless!
Noble Obodum
www.adventistsconnect.tk
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 11 months ago #53985

• noble240
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Quirky, Kissing is still not intercourse! It can lead to it but that doesn't make it the same! Another user put a very good analogy out there. I am not taking credit for it because I didn't come up with it, but it's a really good one. They said studying can lead to passing a test, but it isn't exactly passing a test. It isn't the same thing because you can study hard and still fail. Good illustration!
If God is truly in your relationship, He can help both you and your partner control their desires. It doesn't have to go there, we choose to make it go there. There is no solid reason why a person who is old enough, mature enough, and currently in a relationship should not be able to kiss the person they are dating. As long as both people are okay with it, and are comfortable with it, it's fine! I am sure most of our parents did it, especially when they were engaged. By the time you are about to get married, there is absolutely no reason you have to wait til your wedding day to kiss! None!
Songs of Solomon 8:4 - I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, til he please.
That verse in Songs of Solomon that talks about waiting til love is ready still works with this argument. You should be dating or engaged only when you are ready for love. Your parter should be ready too. If you are seriously dating someone (when you are old enough) you should be ready to enter a relationship and get married. It's that simple! If you aren't ready, you shouldn't be dating or engaged!
Everyone and anyone is welcome to decide if they would like to wait to kiss after marriage but that is their own choice. No one should feel that God is commanding us to. He might prefer though, especially if you are the type of person that might take it too far, And even if you aren't!
Okay I'm done for now. BTW I really dread (trying not to use the word hate :) ) the NIV. KJV can be hard to understand, but that's why we have the NKJV. It's the KJV with all the ye's and thees and thines and thous removed. But I have seen some NKJVs that sound exactly like NIVs. But you know what? Maybe we shouldn't get into this whole Bible version discussion.... :blink:
God Bless!
Noble Obodum
www.adventistsconnect.tk

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 11 months ago #53986

• noble240
Quirky wrote:

Quirky, that would be weird, BUT if I'm about to get married to this person, I would have already checked with God and made sure that this is the person God wants me to marry. If it is, these weird things that we did in the past wouldn't matter at all. We can't change our past.
Just thought I'd throw that in. :)
God Bless!
Noble Obodum
www.adventistsconnect.tk

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 10 months ago #54157

• fas02
  • Thank you received: 3
I believe that kissing is all right, AS LONG AS IT DOESINT GET INNIPROPRIT!!
Other than that it's ok

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 10 months ago #54235

• dogluvergirl101
  • Shakespeare is awesome. Just sayin'. #theatrekid
  • Thank you received: 106
Kissing before marriage? Oh yeah, that's fine. BUT: when I kiss someone, it should be my boyfriend, not a random guy (or even my crush if I'm not in a relationship with him). Kisses are something special. I'm gonna need a boyfriend that I've been dating for a little while as well as a special place before I give away my first kiss.

But sex? (go ahead and blush - we all know that's what you mean by the term 'other things'.) That is strictly for marriage. No ifs, ands, or buts. The Bible says so. And even if I was an atheist, I would still save it for marriage because I wouldn't want...complications, if you know what I mean.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

But anyways (I got slightly off topic lol) kissing is fine. Just make sure that it's not just something you do all the time - the boy/girl has to be special, and the time has to be special. Kisses are special, so treat them that way. And if you think you should wait until you're married, go ahead! No problem in doing that, either.
"Art is when the mind shuts off and the heart takes its turn to speak. Whether it's music, paint, theatre, writing, or what have you; each heart has its own voice.

"What is your heart trying to say?"

- Aunt Katherine from énoument (a quote from a book I'm writing)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12, Joy, blossompf6

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 10 months ago #54277

• Quirky
JustMe wrote:
Quirky wrote:

I wouldn't really care, but I'd be wondering what on earth her train of thought was to go from general things to that.

You guys were talking about other relationships and the prospect of you two getting married.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 10 months ago #54278

• Quirky
@noble240 and Just Me

Wait, so you guys are saying that kissing is studying to have s** and of you can like do s** well (????) then you pass...something? When you study for a test you study the same kinds of questions that will be on a test right? The only difference between studying and taking the test is that the test has consequences of you don't pass....hmmm

I think that analogy needs to be worked on...just saying. 'cause what does "passing the test" represent? And what does "studying" represent??
The following user(s) said Thank You: blossompf6

Re: Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 10 months ago #54719

• KawaiiArtist
  • Im confuzzled :s
  • Thank you received: 7
Yea it could... heard of herpes?
Kawaii
Time to create page: 0.598 seconds