Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: to kiss or not to kiss?

who cares? go ahead and do it! 135 53.6%
umm, yeah no 117 46.4%
Total number of voters: 252 ( lickington, Faithful Servant, LittleRock, breyer horses + dog lover 24, TheSparrowBlogger ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Kissing before marriage: What do you think?

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 9 months ago #43905

I think kissing is okay but not like making out or anything because that can lead to inappropriate stuff.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: piggl3t

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 9 months ago #44009

• I love Guide
  • Guide is awesome!!!
  • Thank you received: 4
I don't want to kiss before i'm engaged, but i think its okay after engagement if you don't go crazy!
Guide is the best!!!! :)

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 9 months ago #44088

• deee133
  • I'M A TWIN
  • Thank you received: 41
Personally I think that if you're mature enough you can kiss someone. At the end of the day it's your own decision.
"Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day"

Re: Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 6 months ago #46567

• JFM for god
Yes I believe the same

Re: Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 6 months ago #46629

• island girl
  • Thank you received: 68
Do you know what yolo means? It means: you only live once. Do you believe that?
❤Colie❤

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 6 months ago #46674

• jesusROCKS1234
  • #bluelivesmatter #IDontKneel
  • Thank you received: 176
Then oh well... I will find another :lol:
I fly planes and play video games :D

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 6 months ago #46843

• sha-sha
  • Love pathfinders and adore books
  • Thank you received: 38
I Don't see anything wrong with kissing before marriage. As long as you don't take it too far then that I believe is alright
#Books
#my little pony
#schhol
#church
#pathfinders

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 6 months ago #46880

• Prov17
  • Read the Bible
  • Thank you received: 316
jesusROCKS1234 wrote:
And another and another till you've had twenty girls you kissed and still don't know who's the right girl for you. My advice is wait and then see if one girl is the right one for you.
Proverbs 17:15, "He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to Yahweh."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Re: Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 6 months ago #46885

• Allison C
  • "Say not, I am a Child..."
  • Thank you received: 258
authorgirlEv wrote:
I believe that kissing before marriage is wrong. It can lead to other things. And I believe not kissing is part of staying pure. If you kiss someone, you give a piece of your heart to them that you can never get back. It's a bit different in movies because...well, it's the movies. But for me personally: I'm saving it for my wedding day.

I'm with you! Kissing is one of the privileges you get when you get married... so, No. I'll keep that piece of my heart for my groom! :)
You can either play with fire, or be fire.
You choose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tasha1507, Quirky

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 6 months ago #46886

• Allison C
  • "Say not, I am a Child..."
  • Thank you received: 258
@Prov17, you are so right (with a sprinkle of sarcasm maybe ;) :P) Sometimes we have to obey God/our parents, by doing... well, let me put it this way. Like, you go to the store for your mom, and on your way back, you see the kids sliding on the ice and stuff. You are tempted to go and slid to, but figure your mom wouldn't approve. Same with God. Can you see Him approving kissing before marriage?
You can either play with fire, or be fire.
You choose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Re: Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 6 months ago #46930

• piggl3t
  • Psalms 103:12
  • Thank you received: 79
island girl wrote:
Do you know what yolo means? It means: you only live once. Do you believe that?
where you talking to me because thats my signiture? yes i know rthats what ''YOLO" i believe thats true i dont believe in incarnation or anything crazy like that....... :S
Just be yourself because no one else is you!! Life to short to live stressed out relax a little and have fun B) follow me on WATTPAD @ rebelprincess101 <3

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 6 months ago #46938

• Violingirl1
  • I love music and sports
  • Thank you received: 98
Kissing is not the same as "taking it too far." Yes, it can lead to "taking it too far." But it's not the same. If there is a verse in the Bible saying that kissing before marriage defiles my body like sex before marriage does, please show me.

"Before marriage" is also a broad term. 11-year-olds versus 25-year-olds kissing are two very different situations that can be determined differently.
~Violingirl1
The following user(s) said Thank You: noble240, mknz12

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 2 months ago #50288

• JustMe
  • I'm a human.
  • Thank you received: 192
For some reason, everyone here says it's not ok, without any kind of evidence against it. No Bible texts, no scientific or even statistical proof that kissing before marriage leads to an unhappy life, etc. I say it's fine. Besides, you're probably gonna want to practice before getting married so you don't mess up on your wedding day and stuff. The only precaution you might want to take is to make sure they don't have oral herpes, which can be caught through contact with an infected area.
"How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real" – Jaden Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: emmykitty

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 2 months ago #50392

• Prov17
  • Read the Bible
  • Thank you received: 316
JustMe, there is no scientific research on how your wedding day will be better if you practiced with your first twenty dates. I say twenty because they might ditch you since you kissed them wrong. That last sentence was sarcasm. I don't believe you need to "practice" kissing. My wedding day will not be botched even though I never practiced to kiss.
Proverbs 17:15, "He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to Yahweh."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, 116Click

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 2 months ago #50522

• KawaiiArtist
  • Im confuzzled :s
  • Thank you received: 7
I would Break out the facts but that would take too long so keep reading if you want a straight up answer... when someone kisses someone that means they are agreeing to take it to the next stage now that's fine and all if your married but if not... even if you don't think that's what it means the other person is usually thinking it next thing you know your at their house. (not exactly waiting for milk and cookies) Sure you can say its fine if you don't do that but some people say that the end of a kiss is the beginning of... well you can figure that out.
Kawaii

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 2 months ago #50524

• KawaiiArtist
  • Im confuzzled :s
  • Thank you received: 7
Prov17 wrote:
jesusROCKS1234 wrote:
And another and another till you've had twenty girls you kissed and still don't know who's the right girl for you. My advice is wait and then see if one girl is the right one for you.
by then you'll have all kinds of diseases
Kawaii

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 2 months ago #50613

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3303
@Just Me, kissing is a type of sexual intercourse. Sorry (not sorry) but I have to put it out there. Let's face it, when one person kisses another, it's not just ''peck' and your done. You're probably going to want more, and more, and more until you've got a defiled marriage bed (Hebrews 13:4). on top of that, I (unfortunately) know?by experience that when you kiss someone there's a personal tie there that is extremely difficult to sever. every time you see that person you're reminded of the little bit of yourself thAt you gave to them. Its...very difficult.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 2 months ago #50624

• Blue Tornado
  • Requiescat in pace.
  • Thank you received: 1094
No. Now that I've been in the situation before, if you do decide to do it, things will get very awkward, very fast.
"Is man merely a mistake of God's, or is God merely a mistake of man?"

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 2 months ago #50669

• JustMe
  • I'm a human.
Prov17 wrote:
JustMe, there is no scientific research on how your wedding day will be better if you practiced with your first twenty dates. I say twenty because they might ditch you since you kissed them wrong. That last sentence was sarcasm. I don't believe you need to "practice" kissing. My wedding day will not be botched even though I never practiced to kiss.

If you practice piano every day, will you be better on the day of your recital than if you hadn't? I'd say yes.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 2 months ago #50670

• JustMe
  • I'm a human.
Quirky wrote:
@Just Me, kissing is a type of sexual intercourse. Sorry (not sorry) but I have to put it out there. Let's face it, when one person kisses another, it's not just ''peck' and your done. You're probably going to want more, and more, and more until you've got a defiled marriage bed (Hebrews 13:4). on top of that, I (unfortunately) know?by experience that when you kiss someone there's a personal tie there that is extremely difficult to sever. every time you see that person you're reminded of the little bit of yourself thAt you gave to them. Its...very difficult.

Do you have even one source saying it's sexual intercourse?

> You're probably going to want more
> probably

There is not a 100% chance, whatsoever. You have control over yourself, and have a choice to make. Your Bible reference is invalid because it doesn't talk about kissing, but about actual intercourse.

Your personal story doesn't prove that it's wrong at all, simply that you don't wish to do it anymore. It's your personal choice, and (I don't mean this rudely), I literally don't care, everyone has the right to make a personal choice. The matter is whether or not it is wrong to do it, according to the Bible or the law, both of which do not condemn it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: noble240, Joy, Mp137

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 2 months ago #50845

• InspiredThinker
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1278
Quirky wrote:

Kissing isn't intercourse. Kissing can lead to intercourse, but they're different things.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: noble240, Violingirl1, mknz12, JustMe, Mp137

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #51547

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3303
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Kissing isn't intercourse. Kissing can lead to intercourse, but they're different things.

How so? If kissing leads to "sexual intercourse" then something must be going on in that kiss that'll make the people want more right? Where's the difference?

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #51598

• JustMe
  • I'm a human.
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:

How so? If kissing leads to "sexual intercourse" then something must be going on in that kiss that'll make the people want more right? Where's the difference?

Studying can lead to passing a class, but they're two different things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: noble240, Mp137

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #51600

• JustMe
  • I'm a human.
Prov17 wrote:
JustMe, No one can be so dense-minded as to know how to kiss. Yes if I practice to piano I will be good at the recital, but kissing just isn't one of those things to practice.

How so? Practicing at anything will lead to you being better, unless you're not trying to improve or learn. You can't just say "No, that's not true" without having any form of evidence, or even some kind of comparison.

You might think it looks simple, but so does playing the piano. Just pressing buttons that make music, right? Wrong. In piano, you must be able to control your fingers and put them on the right key while still mostly looking at the book/page/iPad/whatever your notes are on. You must learn to play chords. You must learn to read the music.

Have you never heard or read of someone saying "he/she is a bad kisser"? It's a real thing. Kissing isn't something you're simply born knowing how to do perfectly. You have to figure out how to do it right, and on top of that each person has preferences, and you have to figure them out. Practice applies here, in order to get better, just like most things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: noble240, tarheels

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 7 years 1 month ago #51629

• Joy
  • Aussie, Ausie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!
  • Thank you received: 54
I think most of you guys are trying to deal with and understand a topic that is too old for you.
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
― André Gide
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky
Time to create page: 0.548 seconds