Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: to kiss or not to kiss?

who cares? go ahead and do it! 135 53.6%
umm, yeah no 117 46.4%
Total number of voters: 252 ( lickington, Faithful Servant, LittleRock, breyer horses + dog lover 24, TheSparrowBlogger ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Kissing before marriage: What do you think?

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 9 months ago #55576

• mknz12
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 270
OK so since I'm a dramatic person (seriously) and all :lol: I have to say like, what if someone you really, really like or sort of love (like for a long time, not just your weekly crush lol) is like dying in your arms??!!! YOU HAVE TO KISS THEM THEN RIGHT, AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM??!!

That was literally so random XD
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 9 months ago #55642

mknz12 wrote:
OK so since I'm a dramatic person (seriously) and all :lol: I have to say like, what if someone you really, really like or sort of love (like for a long time, not just your weekly crush lol) is like dying in your arms??!!! YOU HAVE TO KISS THEM THEN RIGHT, AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM??!!

That was literally so random XD
Well, first you have to make up your mind and see if kissing would be impure, which, in my opinion, it is when it's outside of marriage. Plus...what if that person dying thought it was impure and you kissed them?? They wouldn't have the strength to tell you no and then they would have given away their purity as they were dying. Anyway....just my thoughts... :silly: :lol:

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 9 months ago #55926

• Fabsome3
  • Thank you received: 19
Quirky wrote:
okay, i've seen lots of comments from different sides of this. some people say its okay to kiss (before marriage) and some say its not. i want to know what u think.
It's not that serious, jeez.
As long as you're older than 16 I'm pretty sure nobody will explode, or burst into spontaneous combustion, or anything. It's really not that harsh. Have you guys seen 19 kids and counting?? Their daughters are grown women and they don't give them ANY privacy with their boyfriends, and you know where they are now, sooooooo, yeah. It's completely fine.

Re: Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 9 months ago #55928

• Fabsome3
  • Thank you received: 19
Quirky wrote:
i think kissing leads to awkwardness with the person that you kiss. trust me... i know from experience...unfortunantly :dry:

☺️☺️Oh?? Quirky, would you tell us about it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Re: Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 8 months ago #56407

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3303
Fabsome3 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
i think kissing leads to awkwardness with the person that you kiss. trust me... i know from experience...unfortunantly :dry:

Um....no?

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 8 months ago #56601

• jesusROCKS1234
  • #bluelivesmatter #IDontKneel
  • Thank you received: 176
Im just following up on my previous post, I don't personally see a problem with it. I mean i have a gf and me and her kiss alot and it hasn't gotten farther then that. I think its what ever you want, there are no bible verses saying you shouldn't.
I fly planes and play video games :D
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by jesusROCKS1234.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 8 months ago #56682

jesusROCKS1234 wrote:
Im just following up on my previous post, I don;t personally see a problem with it. I mean i have a gf and me and her kiss alot and it hasn't gotten farther then that. I think its what ever you want, there are no bible verses saying you shouldn't.
There are Bible verses about purity though...to me that goes for kissing...but I do have a question for you....
Are you gonna marry your girlfriend?? This is how I look at it...We all have hearts...when we date/kiss we're giving a piece of our heart to that person...then what happens on your wedding day? Well, you give them what's left of your heart, but, depending on how many people you were previously with, you probably won't have much left to give them. Idk how old/mature you are...so you guys might be serious...but I'm 15 (16 in Dec) and I know for a fact that I'm not ready for marriage....anyway...I guess it's something people decide for themselves...but that's how I look at it. ;) :cheer:

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 8 months ago #56763

• jesusROCKS1234
Christian Country Girl wrote:
jesusROCKS1234 wrote:
Im just following up on my previous post, I don;t personally see a problem with it. I mean i have a gf and me and her kiss alot and it hasn't gotten farther then that. I think its what ever you want, there are no bible verses saying you shouldn't.
There are Bible verses about purity though...to me that goes for kissing...but I do have a question for you....
Are you gonna marry your girlfriend?? This is how I look at it...We all have hearts...when we date/kiss we're giving a piece of our heart to that person...then what happens on your wedding day? Well, you give them what's left of your heart, but, depending on how many people you were previously with, you probably won't have much left to give them. Idk how old/mature you are...so you guys might be serious...but I'm 15 (16 in Dec) and I know for a fact that I'm not ready for marriage....anyway...I guess it's something people decide for themselves...but that's how I look at it. ;) :cheer:

I'm 16, im not ready for marriage either, I don't want to be married till my late 20's-early 30's. But its good that i get experience with girls now so later on down the road I will be more prepared. Its just what ever you prefer to do I think, everyone has their own ideas.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 8 months ago #56769

• smileygon10
  • Meow!
  • Thank you received: 129
Quirky wrote:
@noble240 and Just Me

Wait, so you guys are saying that kissing is studying to have s** and of you can like do s** well (????) then you pass...something? When you study for a test you study the same kinds of questions that will be on a test right? The only difference between studying and taking the test is that the test has consequences of you don't pass....hmmm

I think that analogy needs to be worked on...just saying. 'cause what does "passing the test" represent? And what does "studying" represent??

The analogy (or comparison, whatever you want to call it) doesn't need to be perfect. It doesn't need to be comprehensive to cover every aspect. It simply proves that just because x is a stepping stone that leads to y, doesn't mean that x = y.

When you say that it "needs to be worked on," you're missing the point.
Smiling for Jesus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Violingirl1, Quirky

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 8 months ago #56800

• mittens92999
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 376
WWJD? I believe Jesus would not do that. If those people you kissed were not your true love, why did you kiss them? I am saving my first kiss until my wedding day because I know that I love them and I know that they won't just throw me away, whether I am a bad kisser or not. :)
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 8 months ago #56829

jesusROCKS1234 wrote:
jesusROCKS1234 wrote:

I'm 16, im not ready for marriage either, I don't want to be married till my late 20's-early 30's. But its good that i get experience with girls now so later on down the road I will be more prepared. Its just what ever you prefer to do I think, everyone has their own ideas.

Yeah...I'm fine with getting experience with guys by just being friends...but don't worry!!! I don't "look down" on people who date...not at all. I hope you didn't take anything offensive or anything. :)

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 7 months ago #56923

• Gracie
  • Luv Gymnastics!
  • Thank you received: 37
I think maybe not when you're 14, but if you're engaged...
Gracie

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 7 months ago #56963

• jesusROCKS1234
jesusROCKS1234 wrote:
jesusROCKS1234 wrote:

Yeah...I'm fine with getting experience with guys by just being friends...but don't worry!!! I don't "look down" on people who date...not at all. I hope you didn't take anything offensive or anything. :)

Nope, wasn't offended at all!

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 7 months ago #56974

• mittens92999
Would you have sex before you are married? I would hope not. Kissing is basically oral sex. We had a health nurse come into our class and that is how she described kissing. So no, I don't think it is ok.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 7 months ago #56981

• JustMe
  • I'm a human.
  • Thank you received: 192
mittens92999 wrote:
WWJD? I believe Jesus would not do that. If those people you kissed were not your true love, why did you kiss them? I am saving my first kiss until my wedding day because I know that I love them and I know that they won't just throw me away, whether I am a bad kisser or not. :)

What Jesus would do? He kinda sorta never ever had a relationship with a girl, not even once (according to the Bible). He never reproduced. If we all decided to do that, we'd go extinct.
"How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real" – Jaden Smith

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 7 months ago #57023

• mittens92999
JustMe wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:

What Jesus would do? He kinda sorta never ever had a relationship with a girl, not even once (according to the Bible). He never reproduced. If we all decided to do that, we'd go extinct.

I know He never had a relationship, but just imagine if He did. I really doubt Jesus would kiss any girl if he was in fact, dating. It's not about whether he was or wasn't in a relationship when he was on this Earth it's about what he would do in this situation now. And I am sure he was probably tempted by the devil in areas like this, as all of us have. Hebrews 4:15 says," For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet he did not sin."

Re: Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 7 months ago #57052

• Pyrrhic
  • in-between speechless and rambling
  • Thank you received: 617
Quirky wrote:
Fabsome3 wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Um....no?

Why not? We all like your opinion even though some don't like it!
I already have said enough.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 6 months ago #58021

• Quirky
smileygon10 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
@noble240 and Just Me

Wait, so you guys are saying that kissing is studying to have s** and of you can like do s** well (????) then you pass...something? When you study for a test you study the same kinds of questions that will be on a test right? The only difference between studying and taking the test is that the test has consequences of you don't pass....hmmm

I think that analogy needs to be worked on...just saying. 'cause what does "passing the test" represent? And what does "studying" represent??

The analogy (or comparison, whatever you want to call it) doesn't need to be perfect. It doesn't need to be comprehensive to cover every aspect. It simply proves that just because x is a stepping stone that leads to y, doesn't mean that x = y.

When you say that it "needs to be worked on," you're missing the point.

That's true. I know that I've said many imperfect analogies myself.

I just wanted to say that I take back my comment that kissing is sexual intercourse. I don't have any scientific facts to back it up sooo....yeah, that's it.

I still don't think kissing before marriage is okay though :whistle:

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 6 months ago #58249

• mknz12
mittens92999 wrote:
Would you have sex before you are married? I would hope not. Kissing is basically oral sex. We had a health nurse come into our class and that is how she described kissing. So no, I don't think it is ok.

Whoa— ok, sorry to have to say this, but let's just get one thing straight, oral sex is something COMPLETELY different. Kissing and oral sex do not go in the same category at all. I get the point you're trying to make, but we just need to make sure that's clear... heh... *coughs awkwardly* :whistle: :pinch:

So let the stars drop,
You keep me steady

The following user(s) said Thank You: jesusROCKS1234

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 6 months ago #58291

• mittens92999
What is oral sex then? I have always understood it as kissing or french kissing. Sorry if I understood it wrong but could you explain. There shouldn't be that much of a difference. But even if I was wrong, I still don't think kissing before marriage is right.
Matthew 5:28- But I say unto you, that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
! Corinthians 7:1- Now concerning the things thereof ye wrote unto me; It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 6 months ago #58390

mittens92999 wrote:
JustMe wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:

I know He never had a relationship, but just imagine if He did. I really doubt Jesus would kiss any girl if he was in fact, dating. It's not about whether he was or wasn't in a relationship when he was on this Earth it's about what he would do in this situation now. And I am sure he was probably tempted by the devil in areas like this, as all of us have. Hebrews 4:15 says," For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet he did not sin."
You know...Ive thought of that verse...so does that mean Jesus was tempted to do everything and anything?

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 6 months ago #58391

mknz12 wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:

Whoa— ok, sorry to have to say this, but let's just get one thing straight, oral sex is something COMPLETELY different. Kissing and oral sex do not go in the same category at all. I get the point you're trying to make, but we just need to make sure that's clear... heh... *coughs awkwardly* :whistle: :pinch:

Oral means mouth basically so.....

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 6 months ago #58448

• mknz12
It's okay haha, I get terms for stuff mixed up sometimes too. As for what it is, you might want to ask your parents. ;)

So let the stars drop,
You keep me steady

Re: Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 6 months ago #58562

• Quirky
Pyrrhic wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Fabsome3 wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Um....no?

Why not? We all like your opinion even though some don't like it!

Lol, its not that I don't want to share my opinion. Its just a story that I'd rather not repeat....online.....where it can be used against me

Kissing before marriage: What do you think? 6 years 6 months ago #58563

• Quirky
mittens92999 wrote:
JustMe wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:

You know...Ive thought of that verse...so does that mean Jesus was tempted to do everything and anything?

He was tempted to reveal His true nature (divine), just like we are tempted to reveal our nature (sinful). Satan tempted Christ to do supernatural things (turning stones into bread, jumping off of the pinicale (misspelled?) of the temple so that the angels would catch Him, etc ) Satan tempts us to do sinful things (cheat, lie, fornicate, etc). So we tempted like Christ was tempted- to reveal our true character.

I hope that made some kind if sense. You should study that; its a really good question.
Time to create page: 0.521 seconds