Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Questions

Questions 2 years 2 months ago #98713

• InspiredThinker
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1278
Happy Sabbath everyone! I hope you're all doing well.

For those who don't know or remember me, I was very active on Guide a few years ago. I know I'm a *few* years older than Guide's targeted age range, but as we're all in quarantine, doing our part to stay home and stop the spread of this awful disease, I hope you'll allow me to share some thoughts.

1.) As cases in this country began to rapidly rise, people began taking steps to limit the spread of this disease by banning large social gatherings. This included churches. Of course, we know that as followers of Jesus, the Holy Spirit dwells in us. We are the church. However, it's admittedly a bit difficult to get used to not being able to sit in church, and I miss sitting around a table with my friends during potluck. This leads to my first question: Jesus said in John 13:35 that the world would know His disciples because of the love they shared. Other than staying home to help others avoid getting sick, how do we effectively share that love with others, and point them to Jesus?

2.) Some churches have been able to adjust to entirely online services almost seamlessly. When I was younger, I would stay at church all day, from Sabbath School to leaving after Adventurers. By the time we got home, it would often be around 8:30 or 9:00 PM. As the days get longer, what are ways you keep Sabbaths in your homes after services end? Have we become too dependent on the church as a building to help us keep Sabbath?

3.) Staying in the same place for too long makes anyone restless. Some people have taken up new hobbies to keep themselves occupied. For example, every week, I've baked bread. It takes some time to do because the yeast needs time to work and make the dough rise. Yeast works by releasing air into the dough around it until it rises and expands. The yeast cells eat the sugar in the dough and become restless, which causes the dough to permanently change. Jesus compares the Kingdom to Heaven to yeast mixed into flour (Matt. 13:35). How can we, as God's yeast, use our restlessness for the right purposes?

4.) A major point in the story of Joseph is his message to the Pharaoh to prepare for the coming challenges. In the Parable of the Bridesmaids, the wise bridesmaids brought extra oil because they didn't know how long they would have to wait but knew they'd have to be prepared. If we believe Jesus' return is close, then we also believe the challenges that come before it are as well. We also know we have to wait. How do we prepare for such a spiritually challenging time? Does not being able to prepare with your church family make it harder for your faith to develop?

These are just a few questions I wanted to hear your opinions on. Stay safe!
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid, SGirven, drummerboi, FollowerofChrist15

Questions 2 years 2 months ago #98725

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 632
Welcome back!!!
As an answer to your first question I think that all of this will definitely help us reach more people through social media.But, to leave or house maybe street preaching could be helpful, if done in a safe and non-aggressive way.Donations and volunteer work to help people such as medical workers would also be a good way to share Jesus. And educating people about the health message and things that will help them stay healthy.
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker

Questions 2 years 2 months ago #98733

• Pyrrhic
  • in-between speechless and rambling
  • Thank you received: 616
Hey it’s been a long time! Hope you are doing well.

I think we can share with others the Gospel through the health message. People at these times are most desperate for health . I can’t talk for everyone, because I have special living conditions that allow me to help people every month with their health and to show them the purpose that God has in their lives. It’s much easier to talk to someone about how they can better their health using the Bible. I’ve seen atheists & many different religions open themselves to the Bible and God. It’s very effective.

I go to a church that a soon it turns 12pm everyone is rushing to leave and that’s it until next sabbath. For some people all they do on sabbath is church. But I think a very good thing to do is call the older people that are quarantined. Give them some hope and happiness.
I already have said enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, SkeleBoy10

Questions 2 years 2 months ago #98775

• bush possum
  • Peace Maker and Peace Breaker
  • Thank you received: 1375
InspiredThinker.... wait, what?? Saw your pfp and had to look twice because it’s been so long. :lol: Welcome back!

1. Our church (along with half of the wifi world I believe) is using Zoom for church, and we have guests who are joining for church services and special programs during the week. I suppose they can see through the care that we display for each other that God’s love is in us.

2. My situation is similar in that there’s an average of one Sabbath every two months where there are no programs outside of the main church service running. Either there’s an afternoon program or an evening program. Lol! I often read, draw, listen to Bible or Christian stories, and go walking. It’s definitely something to think about!

3. In Australia we’re allowed to leave the house for 4 reasons, one of which is exercise. God inspired me (I have yet to act upon it; by God’s Grace today) to write notes for the neighbours, asking how they’re doing and giving them a (safe) email address to keep in contact with incase they need anything and then to letterbox those in my street.

4. God has been teaching me in the last 2-3 years the importance of being “faithful in that which is least”. This would include our daily devotional lives, health reform (diet, dress, R&R), daily routines, etc.
Having anxiety means that I don’t miss attending a physical church except for the service side of things. Being home has made me confront my internet addiction and led me commit to less internet time and more time on productive and satisfying hobbies. This means that I’m no longer being constantly pelted with stimulations and allows me to think and pray more. It has also shown me that I have not been a faithful messenger in spreading the Gospel. So it’s been good for my faith. :)
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

Questions 8 months 3 weeks ago #110063

• Faithful Servant
  • I love sea creatures, Jesus and reading
  • Thank you received: 4
InspiredThinker wrote:
Happy Sabbath everyone! I hope you're all doing well.

For those who don't know or remember me, I was very active on Guide a few years ago. I know I'm a *few* years older than Guide's targeted age range, but as we're all in quarantine, doing our part to stay home and stop the spread of this awful disease, I hope you'll allow me to share some thoughts.

1.) As cases in this country began to rapidly rise, people began taking steps to limit the spread of this disease by banning large social gatherings. This included churches. Of course, we know that as followers of Jesus, the Holy Spirit dwells in us. We are the church. However, it's admittedly a bit difficult to get used to not being able to sit in church, and I miss sitting around a table with my friends during potluck. This leads to my first question: Jesus said in John 13:35 that the world would know His disciples because of the love they shared. Other than staying home to help others avoid getting sick, how do we effectively share that love with others, and point them to Jesus?

2.) Some churches have been able to adjust to entirely online services almost seamlessly. When I was younger, I would stay at church all day, from Sabbath School to leaving after Adventurers. By the time we got home, it would often be around 8:30 or 9:00 PM. As the days get longer, what are ways you keep Sabbaths in your homes after services end? Have we become too dependent on the church as a building to help us keep Sabbath?

3.) Staying in the same place for too long makes anyone restless. Some people have taken up new hobbies to keep themselves occupied. For example, every week, I've baked bread. It takes some time to do because the yeast needs time to work and make the dough rise. Yeast works by releasing air into the dough around it until it rises and expands. The yeast cells eat the sugar in the dough and become restless, which causes the dough to permanently change. Jesus compares the Kingdom to Heaven to yeast mixed into flour (Matt. 13:35). How can we, as God's yeast, use our restlessness for the right purposes?

4.) A major point in the story of Joseph is his message to the Pharaoh to prepare for the coming challenges. In the Parable of the Bridesmaids, the wise bridesmaids brought extra oil because they didn't know how long they would have to wait but knew they'd have to be prepared. If we believe Jesus' return is close, then we also believe the challenges that come before it are as well. We also know we have to wait. How do we prepare for such a spiritually challenging time? Does not being able to prepare with your church family make it harder for your faith to develop?

These are just a few questions I wanted to hear your opinions on. Stay safe!

Answer for #2
After services I try to do activities that would make me focus on God. So I would either read a book about the different Bible stories, watch a Bible movie on YouTube, do pathfinder work or watch a nature documentary.
Octopuses are cute!

Questions 8 months 3 weeks ago #110158

• JoyBaker
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Thank you received: 150
Pyrrhic wrote:
Hey it’s been a long time! Hope you are doing well.

I think we can share with others the Gospel through the health message. People at these times are most desperate for health . I can’t talk for everyone, because I have special living conditions that allow me to help people every month with their health and to show them the purpose that God has in their lives. It’s much easier to talk to someone about how they can better their health using the Bible. I’ve seen atheists & many different religions open themselves to the Bible and God. It’s very effective.

I go to a church that a soon it turns 12pm everyone is rushing to leave and that’s it until next sabbath. For some people all they do on sabbath is church. But I think a very good thing to do is call the older people that are quarantined. Give them some hope and happiness.
Yes. My mom says the same thing (in the 2nd paragraph). I think we can visit those who can’t leave their houses and maybe someone/a few people could visit them every week and encourage them in God and read some Bible verses with them. If I had my license or could drive, I would be visiting lots of people. I don’t like being stuck inside. That’s why love guide because I get to talk to other people.

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds