endershadow112 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

In this exhibit in the Guide hall of fame museum, we look at the most responded to post in Guide History. The post "Women Pastors?" has a whopping 464 responses and over 19 pages of content!

The discussion in this particular post is went on from approximately 2014 and stopped in 2018, making this post a museum worthy post
yes let's think about how wonderful it is that there are so many responses but no one post about the issue please i'm begging you

hahahah yes please no one post about this argument (I'm serious)
telling humans to not do something is like telling them to DO IT... so yeah. be safe.
Exactly.
Women shouldn't have jobs change my mind

Women are a hoax created by China, change my mind.

No wonder my mom's shirt tags always said, "Made in China."
I was trynna figure out how that worked.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
This convo got me cracking so hard. I caaan't! :woohoo:
I already have said enough.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97549

• SGirven
  • Human. Writer. Latino. Photographer. Keep Running.
  • Thank you received: 238
Pyrrhic wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

In this exhibit in the Guide hall of fame museum, we look at the most responded to post in Guide History. The post "Women Pastors?" has a whopping 464 responses and over 19 pages of content!

The discussion in this particular post is went on from approximately 2014 and stopped in 2018, making this post a museum worthy post
yes let's think about how wonderful it is that there are so many responses but no one post about the issue please i'm begging you

telling humans to not do something is like telling them to DO IT... so yeah. be safe.
Exactly.

P L E A S E, NO YELLING AT THE MUSEAM

jk

Discord: sgir.v#7196

IG: sgir.v

“We are not to deny the authority of the human senses and understanding, although weak, but rather furnish them with assistance.” -Sir Francis Bacon
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by SGirven. Reason: I decided I was kidding

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97574

• Pyrrhic
  • in-between speechless and rambling
  • Thank you received: 616
SGirven wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Exactly.

jk
wait what's with that tiny little jk at the end?!
I already have said enough.

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97579

• Blue Tornado
  • Requiescat in pace.
  • Thank you received: 1094
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Exactly.

jk
wait what's with that tiny little jk at the end?!

I T M E A N S WE'RE ALLOWED TO YELL ALL WE WANT IN THE MUSEUM
Requiescat in Pace.

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 5 months ago #100110

• BookwormJo
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Thank you received: 220
tim33 wrote:
I have not fully made my mind up, on one hand the Bible seems to say that there shouldn't be women pastors, but how do we Know that Paul wasn't specifically refering to his culture only, maybe it was a present truth then, but in our culture it doesn't apply, ie like noah preached the flood would come in his time, we wouldn't preach that now, On the other hand common sense seems to say to me that God is not gender biased.

It is a hard topic to decide on.

God Bless
Then Peter began to speak: “I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism, but welcomes those from every nation who fear Him and do what is right. Acts 10:35 Berean Study Bible.
But the LORD said to him, "Pay no attention to how tall and handsome he is. I have rejected him because I do not judge as people judge. They look at the outward appearance, but I look at the heart."1 Samuel 16:7 GNT
No one who trusts in God will ever be disappointed.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 5 months ago #100111

• BookwormJo
  • I'm indescribable.
Godsadvicegiver12 wrote:
Look at Joel 2:28-29, Acts 2:1-4, Galatians 3:28. But then Ellen White comes in. So I am not sure.
I think we should believe what the Bible says over what Ellen White says. After all, Ellen White was a human, albeit one blessed by God with a prophetic ministry.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 5 months ago #100113

• BookwormJo
  • I'm indescribable.
tim33 wrote:
I have to say that I am still undecided, Paul has some pretty strong things to say that point to not have female pastors, It is a very hard subject to understand.

When Paul said "I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; she is to remain quiet." in 1 Timothy 2:12, he used the word 'I'. He didn't say that God didn't want women to teach or preach.
Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

And we should all obey what God tells us to do. Therefore, if God calls a woman to preach or be a pastor, she should definitely do it. But if not then she shouldn't.
"Don't do anything from selfish ambition or from a cheap desire to boast, but be humble toward one another, always considering others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3-5 GNT.

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 5 months ago #100144

BookwormJo wrote:
When Paul said "I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; she is to remain quiet." in 1 Timothy 2:12, he used the word 'I'. He didn't say that God didn't want women to teach or preach.

I agree with women's ordination, but I just want to ask, why would Paul's opinion be in the bible if it wasn't relevant or in line with God's opinion?

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 5 months ago #100146

• BookwormJo
  • I'm indescribable.
endershadow112 wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

I agree with women's ordination, but I just want to ask, why would Paul's opinion be in the bible if it wasn't relevant or in line with God's opinion?
Good point. I have to think about that.

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 5 months ago #100148

• ken10wil
  • bossome
  • Thank you received: 161
endershadow112 wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

I mean the Bible's composition was a decision made by men.
video games are awesome, Politics is just making me sad at this point
favorite text:
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:12
The following user(s) said Thank You: endershadow112

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 5 months ago #100231

• BookwormJo
  • I'm indescribable.
ken10wil wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

@ken10wil, Are you implying that the Bible isn't entirely accurate? :whistle: Or did I misunderstand you?

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 5 months ago #100242

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 632
BookwormJo wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

@ken10wil, Are you implying that the Bible isn't entirely accurate? :whistle: Or did I misunderstand you?
A lot of people do that smh
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 4 months ago #100680

• ken10wil
  • bossome
endershadow112 wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

because Paul's opinion was amended to the bible by man, hopefully with God being involved.
favorite text:
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 4 months ago #100688

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 632
ken10wil wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

because Paul's opinion was amended to the bible by man, hopefully with God being involved.
hopefully?? you ok man??
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 4 months ago #100697

• ken10wil
  • bossome
pathfinder4ever wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

hopefully?? you ok man??
Because it was still an action decided centuries after by men, who also added and removed other books from scripture as they saw fit. It's not like God just handed the catholic church a neatly bound copy of the new testament.
favorite text:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkeleBoy10, endershadow112, Khriz Kool Katz

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 2 days ago #103269

• BookwormJo
  • I'm indescribable.
ken10wil wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

hopefully?? you ok man??
Because it was still an action decided centuries after by men, who also added and removed other books from scripture as they saw fit. It's not like God just handed the catholic church a neatly bound copy of the new testament.
Matthew 5:18
I can guarantee this truth: Until the earth and the heavens disappear, neither a period nor a comma will disappear from the Scriptures before everything has come true.

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Re: Women Pastors? 1 year 2 days ago #103286

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 430
BookwormJo wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

hopefully?? you ok man??
I can guarantee this truth: Until the earth and the heavens disappear, neither a period nor a comma will disappear from the Scriptures before everything has come true.
Agreed. During the third and fourth centuries A.D., a lot of the church leaders from cities surrounding the Mediterreanean Sea, got together and obtained collections of the apostles' and Jesus' works and words and scrolls from what we consider the Old Testament (at the time it was the Old Testament and other extrabiblical works like the Apocrypha, Book of Enoch, and such). They then went through those manuscripts and established a canon, a set of rules that would determine which books made it into the Bible. The Old Testament and some extrabiblical books qualified automatically, but a long debate ensued when they reached the 'New Testament'. Then in early 4th century A.D. (I think it was 327 A.D., correct me if I'm wrong), a well-respected church leader sent a letter to the group listing all the books of the Bible. And that's only one of the first steps to create the Bibles we read today.

Re: Women Pastors? 10 months 3 days ago #106210

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
  • Thank you received: 54
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

hopefully?? you ok man??
Agreed. During the third and fourth centuries A.D., a lot of the church leaders from cities surrounding the Mediterreanean Sea, got together and obtained collections of the apostles' and Jesus' works and words and scrolls from what we consider the Old Testament (at the time it was the Old Testament and other extrabiblical works like the Apocrypha, Book of Enoch, and such). They then went through those manuscripts and established a canon, a set of rules that would determine which books made it into the Bible. The Old Testament and some extrabiblical books qualified automatically, but a long debate ensued when they reached the 'New Testament'. Then in early 4th century A.D. (I think it was 327 A.D., correct me if I'm wrong), a well-respected church leader sent a letter to the group listing all the books of the Bible. And that's only one of the first steps to create the Bibles we read today.
Are you some sort of person who has the answer to almost all of history? Or are you just spending time researching all this that you didn't know before?

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: L̴i̸g̵h̸t̷n̴e̸s̴s̵#0474

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606

Re: Women Pastors? 10 months 2 days ago #106223

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

hopefully?? you ok man??
Are you some sort of person who has the answer to almost all of history? Or are you just spending time researching all this that you didn't know before?
Both

Re: Women Pastors? 10 months 2 days ago #106310

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

hopefully?? you ok man??
Both
oh ok.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Re: Women Pastors? 10 months 2 days ago #106338

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:

hopefully?? you ok man??
Both
oh ok.
Just a hobby.

Re: Women Pastors? 10 months 1 day ago #106486

• KristytheCorgi
  • life's too short to be sad
  • Thank you received: 62
Wow. Page 13 is just all noble240 talking about women pastors being a bad thing :dry:
Remember, it's just a bad day, not a bad life. Keep smiling everyone

-- Love Chill Music

Re: Women Pastors? 10 months 1 day ago #106491

• KristytheCorgi
  • life's too short to be sad
  • Thank you received: 62
noble240 wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
LegoGuy640 wrote:
I think a few others threw this idea out there, but I'll throw it out again.

I don't have a problem with women preachers, they're nice and all; as long as they aren't ordained. God put it pretty straight-forward in the bible that only men were to be ordained, since they were the spiritual leaders of the household and the church. And, if you look at a lot of "magic" and "sorcery", a lot of their "priests" are women. Obviously something God wanted to avoid people getting mixed up with, right?

could you provide a verse reference please?

1 Timothy 2:12–14
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.

Pastors have explained that this means that women should preach, but not serve as pastors. Everyone seems to think that you have to be a pastor to preach. Of for crying out loud, if God wants you to preach, preach!! He's not saying don't preach. He saying the office of pastoring in the church is reserved for men. Is that hard to obey one little thing? I know I'm a boy but you can still preach girls! My mom did at church todday and I believe God helped her for many were blessed.

I pray that all SDA will studfy their Bibles and EGW books and be ready for Jesus coming. I can't wait!!!
OK, I know this is an old text, but I really need to say something. Paul only told those women to stay quiet because they were gossiping.
Remember, it's just a bad day, not a bad life. Keep smiling everyone

-- Love Chill Music

Re: Women Pastors? 10 months 1 day ago #106505

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Wow. Page 13 is just all noble240 talking about women pastors being a bad thing :dry:
Thx for saving me the trauma.

Re: Women Pastors? 10 months 1 day ago #106529

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
KristytheCorgi wrote:
how? just because your gender you cant be a pastor?

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds