TOPIC: Women Pastors?

Women Pastors? 5 years 1 week ago #79952

• TravelPastel
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 705
TravelPastel wrote:
Stverno wrote:
Forgive me, I am ignorant. :pinch:

But isn't the controversy over whether or not women can be ordained?

And can't you be a pastor without being ordained?
You can be a pastor, but being ordained means you can provide services anywhere in the world as a pastor. If you are ordained, it gives you authority to do things as a pastor all over the world, whereas if you are not ordained, you can only do the duties as pastor in a certain area.

For example, baptizing. If you're not ordained, you have to get an approval from the president/ministerial director before you can baptize. Whereas, if you are ordained, you can baptize whenever, where ever.

So you can be a pastor without being ordained.
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
I meant to put that as a spoiler, not a Hide From Guests thing sorry
GOD 1st.
#Filipino
>Pursue<
˗ˏˋI'm a day dreamer and a night thinkerˊˎ˗

too lazy to have a fancy signature aha;;
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Women Pastors? 5 years 1 week ago #80021

• Mp137
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 2099
TravelPastel wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
Stverno wrote:
Forgive me, I am ignorant. :pinch:

But isn't the controversy over whether or not women can be ordained?

And can't you be a pastor without being ordained?
You can be a pastor, but being ordained means you can provide services anywhere in the world as a pastor. If you are ordained, it gives you authority to do things as a pastor all over the world, whereas if you are not ordained, you can only do the duties as pastor in a certain area.

For example, baptizing. If you're not ordained, you have to get an approval from the president/ministerial director before you can baptize. Whereas, if you are ordained, you can baptize whenever, where ever.

So you can be a pastor without being ordained.
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
I meant to put that as a spoiler, not a Hide From Guests thing sorry

You can probably edit your post so it will have a spoiler and not hide
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Women Pastors? 5 years 1 week ago #80575

The Apostle Paul said that women aren't to be pastors. I've noticed some of you say that it was a different time and doesn't apply anymore. But if that's the case, then why is it that, if God knows the future, he would inspire Paul to write that men should be pastors, and not women can be pastors? I say that we ought to obey what the Word of God says, and not what man says. Of course, some women have the ability to preach;but this skill can be used in different areas of ministry. Remember, follow the God rather than man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Servant

Women Pastors? 5 years 1 week ago #80617

• LEMONwizard
  • I am an eternal flame, baby
  • Thank you received: 255
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
The Apostle Paul said that women aren't to be pastors. I've noticed some of you say that it was a different time and doesn't apply anymore. But if that's the case, then why is it that, if God knows the future, he would inspire Paul to write that men should be pastors, and not women can be pastors? I say that we ought to obey what the Word of God says, and not what man says. Of course, some women have the ability to preach;but this skill can be used in different areas of ministry. Remember, follow the God rather than man.
NOOOOOOOO :(
I guess I can't be a missionary then
Except maybe a doctor... :dry:
Yo, I‘m not really on this site much any more. I miss y’all and I’ll hopefully be more active some day.

Women Pastors? 5 years 1 week ago #80621

• Stverno
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Thank you received: 1032
LEMONwizard wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

But the verse is about pastors. It doesn't say anything about missionaries.

NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE

Women Pastors? 5 years 1 week ago #80630

• TravelPastel
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 705
LEMONwizard wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
You don't need to be a pastor to be a missionary!
GOD 1st.
#Filipino
>Pursue<
˗ˏˋI'm a day dreamer and a night thinkerˊˎ˗

too lazy to have a fancy signature aha;;
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Women Pastors? 5 years 1 week ago #80644

• InspiredThinker
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1278
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

Paul does not say that all women aren't to be pastors, and specifically praises several women in leadership roles in their churches. Given the fact that 1 Timothy was a letter of advice to Timothy, who led his local church in Ephesus, Paul's instruction against women pastors seems to be more local than worldwide. This is supported by the fact that Paul was a close friend of women who taught men, such as Priscilla, who, with her husband, taught Apollos "the way of God more accurately", and Junia, an apostle who ministered to Rome's Christian community. Paul was also a close friend of men who were taught by women, such as Timothy, who was taught the way of God by his mother Eunice and grandmother Lois.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

Women Pastors? 5 years 1 week ago #80648

• horsegirl04
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 536
LEMONwizard wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

You can still be a missionary,

in the bible the men were the spiritual leaders. and the women would take care of the house.
it never says in the bible that woman cannot be pastors, but it never said that they can eather. In the bible there are women prophets, just because you are not a man does not mean that you cannot work for God.being a pastor is a lot of work, I know because our pastor had a stroke and my dad took on all the pastor's responsibilities. And the women were supposed to take care of their families, and if they were pastors they would not be able to take care of their family.

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)

Women Pastors? 4 years 11 months ago #81540

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear. Women can be missionaries, as the Great Comission is a command to all of us. The Bible just says they can't be pastors, elders or deacons. That is not to say they can't teach the Word.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97408

• SGirven
  • Human. Writer. Latino. Photographer. Keep Running.
  • Thank you received: 238
#operationtimetravel

In this exhibit in the Guide hall of fame museum, we look at the most responded to post in Guide History. The post "Women Pastors?" has a whopping 464 responses and over 19 pages of content!

The discussion in this particular post is went on from approximately 2014 and stopped in 2018, making this post a museum worthy post

Discord: sgir.v#7196

IG: sgir.v

“We are not to deny the authority of the human senses and understanding, although weak, but rather furnish them with assistance.” -Sir Francis Bacon
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97413

• LolingforJesus
  • DONT GET INNIPROPRIT
  • Thank you received: 686
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

In this exhibit in the Guide hall of fame museum, we look at the most responded to post in Guide History. The post "Women Pastors?" has a whopping 464 responses and over 19 pages of content!

The discussion in this particular post is went on from approximately 2014 and stopped in 2018, making this post a museum worthy post
yes let's think about how wonderful it is that there are so many responses but no one post about the issue please i'm begging you
baby crawdaddy's are literally the cutest thing ever

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97417

• SGirven
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

yes let's think about how wonderful it is that there are so many responses but no one post about the issue please i'm begging you

hahahah yes please no one post about this argument (I'm serious)

“We are not to deny the authority of the human senses and understanding, although weak, but rather furnish them with assistance.” -Sir Francis Bacon
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid, LolingforJesus

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97420

• Pyrrhic
  • in-between speechless and rambling
  • Thank you received: 616
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

telling humans to not do something is like telling them to DO IT... so yeah. be safe.
I already have said enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97431

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 632
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

telling humans to not do something is like telling them to DO IT... so yeah. be safe.
Exactly.
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97449

• SRNitro
  • Pro-choice
  • Thank you received: 659
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Exactly.
Women shouldn't have jobs change my mind
I'm a full registered commie. Let's go communissmmmmm!!!!!

Discord: Maxified#6880
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado, missionarykid

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97451

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
SRNitro wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Exactly.
Ok Boom-
Any questions? Ask!

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97454

• LolingforJesus
  • DONT GET INNIPROPRIT
  • Thank you received: 686
SRNitro wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Exactly.
oMgOoDnEsS SRNitro iS sExIsT 2020
baby crawdaddy's are literally the cutest thing ever
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado, missionarykid

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97461

• jGod8865
  • BRUH
  • Thank you received: 547
SRNitro wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Exactly.

Legendary
Communism is the best way to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97473

• SGirven
jGod8865 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Exactly.

Legendary

:angry: :angry: :angry: If you want to actually be Sexist, then take SRNito as an example. *sigh*

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97481

• jGod8865
  • BRUH
SGirven wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Exactly.

Legendary

:angry: :angry: :angry: If you want to actually be Sexist, then take SRNito as an example. *sigh*

Brov, u know that it was a joke, right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado, endershadow112

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97482

SRNitro wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Exactly.

Women are a hoax created by China, change my mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado, missionarykid, Pyrrhic

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97486

• emmykitty
  • :)
  • Thank you received: 687
SGirven wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Exactly.

Legendary

Pretty sure SRNitro is just joking around
.•♫•♬•Love is friendship set to music.•♫•♬•
#MAINEMMYS
The following user(s) said Thank You: endershadow112

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97508

• jGod8865
  • BRUH
endershadow112 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Exactly.

No wonder my mom's shirt tags always said, "Made in China."
I was trynna figure out how that worked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro, Blue Tornado, missionarykid, endershadow112

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97511

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
jGod8865 wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Exactly.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Any questions? Ask!

Women Pastors? 2 years 4 months ago #97518

• jGod8865
  • BRUH
pathfinder4ever wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Pyrrhic wrote:
SGirven wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Exactly.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

What? :blink:
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds