Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Adventist Youth Society

Adventist Youth Society 7 months 1 week ago #124623

Do you do AYS at your church? If so, what does a typical program look like for you? How often do you do it? Who participates (older adults, younger adults, teens, preteens, kids, younger kids, everyone)? How often do they participate? (Are there regulars who participate just about every week? What time does AYS take place?
Do you do it outside, in the fellowship hall, in the sanctuary?
Give me ALL the details.
Although my church is still in the process of figuring our’s out, I’m happy to share as well.
Thanks in advance!
God is with her, she will not fail.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Adventist Youth Society 7 months 1 week ago #124629

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 649
Studyinghelps wrote:
Do you do AYS at your church? If so, what does a typical program look like for you? How often do you do it? Who participates (older adults, younger adults, teens, preteens, kids, younger kids, everyone)? How often do they participate? (Are there regulars who participate just about every week? What time does AYS take place?
Give me ALL the details.
Although my church is still in the process of figuring our’s out, I’m happy to share as well.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, we do!
We usually open with prayer, sing three or so songs, then discuss a topic. Topics can be chosen by vote or necessity. We also have book clubs, bible jeopardy, bible bowl and all types of Sabbath appropriate games.
Everyone participates, and it starts it 3:30 pm. It’s usually in the fellowship hall or sometimes sanctuary. We also have lots of field trips. We have basketball on some Saturday nights, and go on trails/walks during good weather on Sabbath. We also do camping, retreats and socials. We also have dinners and holiday programs.
Hope this helps!
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)

Adventist Youth Society 7 months 1 week ago #124649

• JoyBaker
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Thank you received: 232
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Studyinghelps wrote:
Give me ALL the details.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, we do!
We usually open with prayer, sing three or so songs, then discuss a topic. Topics can be chosen by vote or necessity. We also have book clubs, bible jeopardy, bible bowl and all types of Sabbath appropriate games.
Everyone participates, and it starts it 3:30 pm. It’s usually in the fellowship hall or sometimes sanctuary. We also have lots of field trips. We have basketball on some Saturday nights, and go on trails/walks during good weather on Sabbath. We also do camping, retreats and socials. We also have dinners and holiday programs.
Hope this helps!
Wow! Sounds fun! We don't have AYS at my church... At least not that I know of

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3

Adventist Youth Society 7 months 1 week ago #124658

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 706
JoyBaker wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Studyinghelps wrote:
Give me ALL the details.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, we do!
Hope this helps!
I know of some churches that have the teenagers in Sabbath school with the 6-10 year olds.

Adventist Youth Society 7 months 1 week ago #124671

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Thank you received: 478
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Studyinghelps wrote:
Give me ALL the details.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, we do!
Hope this helps!
I know of some churches that have the teenagers in Sabbath school with the 6-10 year olds.
Uggghhh lol
melancholic/sanguine ~ infp 4 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile

"what's past is prologue." - william shakespeare

Adventist Youth Society 7 months 1 week ago #124696

• Alyssa4Jesus
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 201
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Studyinghelps wrote:
Give me ALL the details.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, we do!
Hope this helps!
Plain stupid

Adventist Youth Society 7 months 1 week ago #124716

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Studyinghelps wrote:
Give me ALL the details.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, we do!
Hope this helps!
Plain stupid
Ikr

Adventist Youth Society 7 months 1 week ago #124722

Studyinghelps wrote:
Give me ALL the details.
Thanks in advance!

I don’t think my church has AYS right now but we have a lot of events for children and adults here like camping, biking, meetings, walks, and pathfinders.
We sometimes do have some AYS like on a specific month and only that month cause they know that we have school and all so basically I can’t say anything because I haven’t been to one yet.
“In the end they’ll all judge me anyway, so whatever.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoyBaker

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 4 weeks ago #125288

• Alyssa4Jesus
  • NOW ONLINE
Studyinghelps wrote:
Give me ALL the details.
Thanks in advance!
Yh, we do. Right after bible class. Pretty cool, sometimes
I'm too lazy to give all details

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 3 weeks ago #125694

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Studyinghelps wrote:
Give me ALL the details.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, we do!
Hope this helps!
Plain stupid
They need help fr

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 3 weeks ago #125697

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 649
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Studyinghelps wrote:
Give me ALL the details.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, we do!
Hope this helps!
Plain stupid
I mean, it could work. If the older kids learned a lesson and taught the younger. It’s a good leadership opportunity.
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BookwormJo

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 3 weeks ago #125703

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Studyinghelps wrote:
Give me ALL the details.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, we do!
Hope this helps!
Plain stupid
I mean, it could work. If the older kids learned a lesson and taught the younger. It’s a good leadership opportunity.
Wb p4e!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sci_geeek

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 3 weeks ago #125728

• Alyssa4Jesus
  • NOW ONLINE
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Studyinghelps wrote:
Give me ALL the details.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, we do!
Hope this helps!
Plain stupid
True True

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 3 weeks ago #125744

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Studyinghelps wrote:
Give me ALL the details.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, we do!
Hope this helps!
Plain stupid
Maybe, but sometimes teenagers need to discuss things that 6-10 wouldn't understand. I believe teenagers need their own separate Sabbath school

<> <> <>

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 3 weeks ago #125745

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
quotes!

<> <> <>

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 3 weeks ago #125765

• Alyssa4Jesus
  • NOW ONLINE
sci_geeek wrote:
Maybe, but sometimes teenagers need to discuss things that 6-10 wouldn't understand. I believe teenagers need their own separate Sabbath school
Yeah
Ok, so take it like this. Teens are maturing and certain topics are on their mind that they need like counselling on like bullying and drugs and sex and anxiety/depression. You can't really discuss that with (like you said) 6-10 year old's, if you get me.

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 3 weeks ago #125803

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Yeah
Ok, so take it like this. Teens are maturing and certain topics are on their mind that they need like counselling on like bullying and drugs and sex and anxiety/depression. You can't really discuss that with (like you said) 6-10 year old's, if you get me.
Have them do it as a church project every once in a while.
Summer is a good time, since they won't have school.

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 3 weeks ago #125834

• Alyssa4Jesus
  • NOW ONLINE
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Yeah
Time they take to make big 13+ kids make crafts and learn little songs in VBS they'd use it for sensible discussions like those
The following user(s) said Thank You: sci_geeek

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 2 weeks ago #125844

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Yeah
"Them" being, the teenagers or 6-10 yo?

<> <> <>

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 2 weeks ago #125845

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Yeah
Exaaactly

<> <> <>

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 2 weeks ago #125869

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Yeah
"Them" being, the teenagers or 6-10 yo?
Teenagers

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 2 weeks ago #125870

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Yeah
Time they take to make big 13+ kids make crafts and learn little songs in VBS they'd use it for sensible discussions like those
Makes sense

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 2 weeks ago #125938

• KristytheCorgi
  • Don't call me princess. That's reserved for my dad
  • Thank you received: 95
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Yeah
In-your-face but very true. Anyway it's annoying because idk it just is
sup bro... PEACE OUT!!!

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 2 weeks ago #126098

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Yeah
I see what you mean.

Adventist Youth Society 6 months 2 weeks ago #126126

Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Yeah
I see what you mean.

bruh in my church i have to go with the teens cuz i dont like the primary class

we have no junior powerpoints bruh
what do i type here?

#minecraftiscool

#datcoolboi

Katz are kool (like Khriz)

( ̄_, ̄ )
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)