Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Do followers of Jesus have the right to call themselves saints?

Yes 1 14.3%
No 6 85.7%
Total number of voters: 7 ( TheSparrowBlogger, KristytheCorgi, sci_geeek, Khriz Kool Katz, wannabewritergirl ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Saints?

Saints? 3 months 2 days ago #118485

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2755
  • Thank you received: 373
Do we, as followers of Jesus, have the right to call ourselves saints? :huh: :?
-- sci_geeek
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saints? 3 months 1 day ago #118519

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6392
  • Thank you received: 430
sci_geeek wrote:
Do we, as followers of Jesus, have the right to call ourselves saints? :huh: :?
-- sci_geeek
Not entirely
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saints? 3 months 1 day ago #118537

  • Kiv24133
  • Kiv24133's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Axolotls are cool
  • Posts: 1332
  • Thank you received: 48
you should had made Idk as one of the votes


( ͠─ ‿‿ ͡─)✌
If you say "That's a good question" pls answer THAT QUESTION PLS and thank you :)
Guess What
Nothing
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saints? 3 months 1 day ago #118544

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6392
  • Thank you received: 430
Kiv24133 wrote:
you should had made Idk as one of the votes
Just say no
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saints? 3 months 1 day ago #118554

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2755
  • Thank you received: 373
Kiv24133 wrote:
you should had made Idk as one of the votes
Let's all discuss the topic and then maybe you'll come to your own conclusion ;)
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saints? 3 months 1 day ago #118559

  • JoyBaker
  • JoyBaker's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Posts: 1879
  • Thank you received: 149
I don’t know, but my dad said yes, because Paul called the believers saints.

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saints? 3 months 1 day ago #118571

  • InsidiousCynic
  • InsidiousCynic's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ecclesiastes 1:2 NIV
  • Posts: 332
  • Thank you received: 69
I think it comes down to how we define the word "saint." If a saint is a human that never sins, there is no such thing. If a saint is a person who truly believes in God, I think we have a right to call ourselves saints (because to believe in God is also to believe that we believe in God...if you know what I mean). If a saint is someone who is destined to go to heaven, I personally don't think we can call ourselves saints (because only God the Father can judge and there will be many surprises on that day).
“'Meaningless! Meaningless!' says the Teacher. 'Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.'”
Ecclesiastes 1:2 NIV

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
-Somebody
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoyBaker, sci_geeek

Saints? 3 months 1 day ago #118573

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2755
  • Thank you received: 373
JoyBaker wrote:
I don’t know, but my dad said yes, because Paul called the believers saints.
Looks like Kiv isn't the only one who's unsure. Ok, yall...let's discuss this. Let's elaborate on why we believe what we believe about this, and what the Bible says about it.
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saints? 3 months 1 day ago #118578

  • jodiaz
  • jodiaz's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Quantum Entanglement
  • Posts: 2481
  • Thank you received: 54
InsidiousCynic wrote:
I think it comes down to how we define the word "saint." If a saint is a human that never sins, there is no such thing. If a saint is a person who truly believes in God, I think we have a right to call ourselves saints (because to believe in God is also to believe that we believe in God...if you know what I mean). If a saint is someone who is destined to go to heaven, I personally don't think we can call ourselves saints (because only God the Father can judge and there will be many surprises on that day).
Yeah, I agree.


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: L̴i̸g̵h̸t̷n̴e̸s̴s̵#0474

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saints? 3 months 1 day ago #118595

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6392
  • Thank you received: 430
jodiaz wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
I think it comes down to how we define the word "saint." If a saint is a human that never sins, there is no such thing. If a saint is a person who truly believes in God, I think we have a right to call ourselves saints (because to believe in God is also to believe that we believe in God...if you know what I mean). If a saint is someone who is destined to go to heaven, I personally don't think we can call ourselves saints (because only God the Father can judge and there will be many surprises on that day).
Yeah, I agree.
Same, but we've only established the hypotheticals. What is a saint?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saints? 3 months 21 hours ago #118617

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6392
  • Thank you received: 430
From what I'm seeing, the word "saints" refers to those set apart by God for His work. Like priests or people like Enoch and Elijah.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saints? 2 months 3 weeks ago #118945

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2755
  • Thank you received: 373
I think one of the problems with calling ourselves saints is the connotation it has.
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saints? 2 months 20 hours ago #119711

  • Kiv24133
  • Kiv24133's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Axolotls are cool
  • Posts: 1332
  • Thank you received: 48
Still haven't picked yet


( ͠─ ‿‿ ͡─)✌
If you say "That's a good question" pls answer THAT QUESTION PLS and thank you :)
Guess What
Nothing
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds