Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Math Contest

Math Contest 6 months 4 days ago #115708

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6895
  • Thank you received: 531
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Besides, wouldn't you be capable of figuring out how I came up with those answers. These aren't wild guesses, I assure you.

According to you, Im not capable of understanding all the logic you have so Im just gonna stop T~T :dry:
There might be some stuff you will understand that I know. You might understand it better in the future.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 6 months 4 days ago #115713

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2960
  • Thank you received: 412
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
The next math contest is next week! :ohmy: :unsure: I hope I’ll do better…
Good luck Joy! Im rooting for ya :) ;)
Yaaaaaas! You got this, girl!!
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
old soul and free spirit
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 5 months 3 weeks ago #116137

  • JoyBaker
  • JoyBaker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Posts: 1981
  • Thank you received: 160
JoyBaker wrote:
Thank you for all your prayers and kind words! The results will come in by 8 pm
:S
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by JoyBaker.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 5 months 3 weeks ago #116210

  • Alyssa4Jesus
  • Alyssa4Jesus's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Blah....
  • Posts: 1651
  • Thank you received: 181
InsidiousCynic wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Alr, can we get another hint?
Okay, one last hint. All the stories I've written for this website have my study in common.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
"Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully."
~Kristen Butler
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sci_geeek

Math Contest 5 months 3 weeks ago #116211

  • Alyssa4Jesus
  • Alyssa4Jesus's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Blah....
  • Posts: 1651
  • Thank you received: 181
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Besides, wouldn't you be capable of figuring out how I came up with those answers. These aren't wild guesses, I assure you.

According to you, Im not capable of understanding all the logic you have so Im just gonna stop T~T :dry:
There might be some stuff you will understand that I know. You might understand it better in the future.
Well, ig *nervous chuckle*
"Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully."
~Kristen Butler
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 5 months 3 weeks ago #116244

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6895
  • Thank you received: 531
InsidiousCynic wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Alr, can we get another hint?
Okay, one last hint. All the stories I've written for this website have my study in common.

I said humanities, but I didn't get a definite answer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #117815

  • BookwormJo
  • BookwormJo's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Posts: 1936
  • Thank you received: 242
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
Nope.
I noticed one of the tracks is titled "Trailer." Are you studying something that has to do with movies??
Something to do with movies? Maybe... That track was one I made for a school assignment. I had to create original music for a video game trailer. I'm really lazy when it comes to naming files.
So, you're into computer programming? Or video game development?
Maybe professional Deejaying? Is that a thing?
No one who trusts in God will ever be disappointed.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #117816

  • BookwormJo
  • BookwormJo's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Posts: 1936
  • Thank you received: 242
So . . . combinations. I don't understand the combination formula. Can I get an explanation pleaseee?
No one who trusts in God will ever be disappointed.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #117831

  • InsidiousCynic
  • InsidiousCynic's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ecclesiastes 1:2 NIV
  • Posts: 333
  • Thank you received: 70
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
Nope.
I noticed one of the tracks is titled "Trailer." Are you studying something that has to do with movies??
Something to do with movies? Maybe... That track was one I made for a school assignment. I had to create original music for a video game trailer. I'm really lazy when it comes to naming files.
So, you're into computer programming? Or video game development?
Maybe professional Deejaying? Is that a thing?
It is a thing, but no, I'm not a DJ. Not in my wildest dreams. My father would probably disown me...
“'Meaningless! Meaningless!' says the Teacher. 'Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.'”
Ecclesiastes 1:2 NIV

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
-Somebody
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #117838

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6895
  • Thank you received: 531
BookwormJo wrote:
So . . . combinations. I don't understand the combination formula. Can I get an explanation pleaseee?
What's the problem? Having trouble with permutations and combinations?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #117844

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2960
  • Thank you received: 412
BookwormJo wrote:
So . . . combinations. I don't understand the combination formula. Can I get an explanation pleaseee?
What I do when I don't get something is I turn to Youtube and watch a bunch of videos on it...textbooks aren't the greatest at describing that sort of stuff.
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
old soul and free spirit
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #117852

  • KristytheCorgi
  • KristytheCorgi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • life's too short to be sad
  • Posts: 770
  • Thank you received: 69
InsidiousCynic wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
Nope.
I noticed one of the tracks is titled "Trailer." Are you studying something that has to do with movies??
Something to do with movies? Maybe... That track was one I made for a school assignment. I had to create original music for a video game trailer. I'm really lazy when it comes to naming files.
So, you're into computer programming? Or video game development?
Maybe professional Deejaying? Is that a thing?
It is a thing, but no, I'm not a DJ. Not in my wildest dreams. My father would probably disown me...
Lol, my heart is set on graphic design and I might be a teacher. It all seems so close but so far away. I think, hey, five years for college! But then, anything can happen between those five years, and I don't want to change my mind about the graphic design thing because digital art has always star-struck me. Sighhhhhhhh.
Remember, it's just a bad day, not a bad life. Keep smiling everyone

-- Love Chill Music
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #117867

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6895
  • Thank you received: 531
InsidiousCynic wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
Nope.
I noticed one of the tracks is titled "Trailer." Are you studying something that has to do with movies??
Something to do with movies? Maybe... That track was one I made for a school assignment. I had to create original music for a video game trailer. I'm really lazy when it comes to naming files.
So, you're into computer programming? Or video game development?
Maybe professional Deejaying? Is that a thing?
It is a thing, but no, I'm not a DJ. Not in my wildest dreams. My father would probably disown me...
Ha they've been trying for several years.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #117870

  • BookwormJo
  • BookwormJo's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Posts: 1936
  • Thank you received: 242
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
So . . . combinations. I don't understand the combination formula. Can I get an explanation pleaseee?
What's the problem? Having trouble with permutations and combinations?
Yeah :dry: :(
No one who trusts in God will ever be disappointed.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #117953

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6895
  • Thank you received: 531
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
So . . . combinations. I don't understand the combination formula. Can I get an explanation pleaseee?
What's the problem? Having trouble with permutations and combinations?
Yeah :dry: :(
Lemme guess, you don't know when to use combinations (nCr) and permutations (nPr). Right?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #118014

  • BookwormJo
  • BookwormJo's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Posts: 1936
  • Thank you received: 242
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
So . . . combinations. I don't understand the combination formula. Can I get an explanation pleaseee?
What's the problem? Having trouble with permutations and combinations?
Yeah :dry: :(
Lemme guess, you don't know when to use combinations (nCr) and permutations (nPr). Right?
Yeah . . . But mostly I don’t quite get combinations and permutations themselves.
No one who trusts in God will ever be disappointed.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #118054

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6895
  • Thank you received: 531
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
So . . . combinations. I don't understand the combination formula. Can I get an explanation pleaseee?
What's the problem? Having trouble with permutations and combinations?
Yeah :dry: :(
Lemme guess, you don't know when to use combinations (nCr) and permutations (nPr). Right?
Yeah . . . But mostly I don’t quite get combinations and permutations themselves.
Well, this is a few years ago, but combinations are used to determine probability when order doesn't matter. Permutations determine probability when order matters. For example, with combinations, red, blue, yellow and red, yellow, blue are one combination. But those two are two different permutations. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because this was a while ago.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #118067

  • BookwormJo
  • BookwormJo's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Posts: 1936
  • Thank you received: 242
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
So . . . combinations. I don't understand the combination formula. Can I get an explanation pleaseee?
What's the problem? Having trouble with permutations and combinations?
Yeah :dry: :(
Lemme guess, you don't know when to use combinations (nCr) and permutations (nPr). Right?
Yeah . . . But mostly I don’t quite get combinations and permutations themselves.
Well, this is a few years ago, but combinations are used to determine probability when order doesn't matter. Permutations determine probability when order matters. For example, with combinations, red, blue, yellow and red, yellow, blue are one combination. But those two are two different permutations. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because this was a while ago.
That matches up with what I've heard. . . I only vaguely understand it, like sea turtle trying to describe a forest.
No one who trusts in God will ever be disappointed.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #118068

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2960
  • Thank you received: 412
Khriz, how do you factor a quadratic equation when one of the terms has a fraction? I'm referring to quadratic fractions that are trinomials. Thx!
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
old soul and free spirit
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #118069

  • InsidiousCynic
  • InsidiousCynic's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ecclesiastes 1:2 NIV
  • Posts: 333
  • Thank you received: 70
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz, how do you factor a quadratic equation when one of the terms has a fraction? I'm referring to quadratic fractions that are trinomials. Thx!
And today on Math Help with Uncle Katz...
“'Meaningless! Meaningless!' says the Teacher. 'Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.'”
Ecclesiastes 1:2 NIV

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
-Somebody
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #118072

  • JoyBaker
  • JoyBaker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Posts: 1981
  • Thank you received: 160
InsidiousCynic wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz, how do you factor a quadratic equation when one of the terms has a fraction? I'm referring to quadratic fractions that are trinomials. Thx!
And today on Math Help with Uncle Katz...
Lol! Very soon, Khriz will be teaching his own class. :lol: :lol:

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #118077

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6895
  • Thank you received: 531
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
So . . . combinations. I don't understand the combination formula. Can I get an explanation pleaseee?
What's the problem? Having trouble with permutations and combinations?
Yeah :dry: :(
Lemme guess, you don't know when to use combinations (nCr) and permutations (nPr). Right?
Yeah . . . But mostly I don’t quite get combinations and permutations themselves.
Well, this is a few years ago, but combinations are used to determine probability when order doesn't matter. Permutations determine probability when order matters. For example, with combinations, red, blue, yellow and red, yellow, blue are one combination. But those two are two different permutations. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because this was a while ago.
That matches up with what I've heard. . . I only vaguely understand it, like sea turtle trying to describe a forest.
Give me one of your problems, and let's try to figure it together.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #118078

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6895
  • Thank you received: 531
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz, how do you factor a quadratic equation when one of the terms has a fraction? I'm referring to quadratic fractions that are trinomials. Thx!
Show me a problem, because I think I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #118096

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2960
  • Thank you received: 412
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz, how do you factor a quadratic equation when one of the terms has a fraction? I'm referring to quadratic fractions that are trinomials. Thx!
Show me a problem, because I think I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure.
x2 + x + 1/4 = 0

Don't tell me the answer, I just want to know how to solve it. I already tried multiplying all the terms by four to remove the fraction, but then I couldn't factor the quadratic formula:

4(x2 + x + 1/4) = 0 (4)

4x2 + 4x + 1 = 0

Two numbers that multiply to 1 and add up to 4?

:huh: :huh: :huh:

The same thing happens with all the other similar problems I've tried to solve.
melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
old soul and free spirit
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Math Contest 4 months 3 weeks ago #118105

  • jodiaz
  • jodiaz's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Quantum Entanglement
  • Posts: 2481
  • Thank you received: 55
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
So . . . combinations. I don't understand the combination formula. Can I get an explanation pleaseee?
What's the problem? Having trouble with permutations and combinations?
Yeah :dry: :(
Lemme guess, you don't know when to use combinations (nCr) and permutations (nPr). Right?
Yeah . . . But mostly I don’t quite get combinations and permutations themselves.
Well, this is a few years ago, but combinations are used to determine probability when order doesn't matter. Permutations determine probability when order matters. For example, with combinations, red, blue, yellow and red, yellow, blue are one combination. But those two are two different permutations. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because this was a while ago.
That matches up with what I've heard. . . I only vaguely understand it, like sea turtle trying to describe a forest.
Give me one of your problems, and let's try to figure it together.
Exactly how cheating works.


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: L̴i̸g̵h̸t̷n̴e̸s̴s̵#0474

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.343 seconds