Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "God has revealed to me..."

"God has revealed to me..." 3 months 9 hours ago #118947

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile and old soul
  • Thank you received: 392
How do we know when to believe someone who says that God has revealed something to them?
-- sci_geeek
"only the gentle are ever really strong." – james dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

“we were together. i forget the rest.” – walt whitman

"i write to discover what i know." – flannery o'connor

#presidentofguide
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"God has revealed to me..." 3 months 6 hours ago #118948

sci_geeek wrote:
How do we know when to believe someone who says that God has revealed something to them?
-- sci_geeek
Well, maybe first we should pray about it?

Writers Block: When your imaginary friends refuse to talk to you.

YouTube Channels:

Stories of Faith: www.youtube.com/channel/UCudEpP-KJhonYokRNIMC6pg
Kute Kitties: www.youtube.com/channel/UCWEvdHXKaaITP_cGYgBRYaw
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoyBaker, sci_geeek

"God has revealed to me..." 3 months 5 hours ago #118949

• Kiv24133
  • Axolotls are cool
  • Thank you received: 49
if it matches with the bible

( ͠─ ‿‿ ͡─)✌
If you say "That's a good question" pls answer THAT QUESTION PLS and thank you :)
Guess What
Nothing
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoyBaker

"God has revealed to me..." 3 months 4 hours ago #118953

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
  • Thank you received: 54
sci_geeek wrote:
-- sci_geeek
www.pattiwood.net/article.asp?PageID=10452

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: L̴i̸g̵h̸t̷n̴e̸s̴s̵#0474

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606

"God has revealed to me..." 3 months 3 hours ago #118961

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 452
By their fruits you should see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheSparrowBlogger, sci_geeek

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 4 weeks ago #118987

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
I have an example...

Several months ago, when I had only received my first Covid shot, I overheard my mom talking about one of her friends who is against the Covid vaccine. Now I know how most of yall feel about the shot, and that most of you aren't vaccinated against Covid -- no judgement here. However, I doubt you guys believe that getting the Covid shot is a sin. Well, that's what the woman believes. Not only that, but the woman said it was the Mark of the Beast. She's Adventist, so that was kind of weird for her to say.

Then she claimed that when someone gets the vaccine, Jesus's grace is closed to that person. Even if you believe getting the shot is a sin, PLEASE. Like, where in the Bible does it say that Jesus's grace will be closed to someone when they get something physical, mind you, into their bodies? "Jesus's grace will be closed"...wow, I was so shocked a Christian would say that. And suppose it is a sin to get the shot. God is willing to forgive our sins...and it's not like getting it is the unforgivable sin. We are not rejecting the Holy Spirit by injecting mRNA technology into our bodies.

P.S. She also implied that she was the next Ellen White and said that God had revealed all that to her.

Whether or not you trust the vaccine is not my point (I'm sorry if it does sound that way. I just needed to vent my frustrations). My point is, she claimed things that are against what the Bible teaches. Unfortunately, some people are a lot more subtle when it comes to claiming that God has revealed something to them.

#presidentofguide

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 4 weeks ago #118999

sci_geeek wrote:
I have an example...

Several months ago, when I had only received my first Covid shot, I overheard my mom talking about one of her friends who is against the Covid vaccine. Now I know how most of yall feel about the shot, and that most of you aren't vaccinated against Covid -- no judgement here. However, I doubt you guys believe that getting the Covid shot is a sin. Well, that's what the woman believes. Not only that, but the woman said it was the Mark of the Beast. She's Adventist, so that was kind of weird for her to say.

Then she claimed that when someone gets the vaccine, Jesus's grace is closed to that person. Even if you believe getting the shot is a sin, PLEASE. Like, where in the Bible does it say that Jesus's grace will be closed to someone when they get something physical, mind you, into their bodies? "Jesus's grace will be closed"...wow, I was so shocked a Christian would say that. And suppose it is a sin to get the shot. God is willing to forgive our sins...and it's not like getting it is the unforgivable sin. We are not rejecting the Holy Spirit by injecting mRNA technology into our bodies.

P.S. She also implied that she was the next Ellen White and said that God had revealed all that to her.

Whether or not you trust the vaccine is not my point (I'm sorry if it does sound that way. I just needed to vent my frustrations). My point is, she claimed things that are against what the Bible teaches. Unfortunately, some people are a lot more subtle when it comes to claiming that God has revealed something to them.
Lots of people are against the vaccine (I'm not) but the Ellen White thing? Thats a bit too much.

Writers Block: When your imaginary friends refuse to talk to you.

YouTube Channels:

Stories of Faith: www.youtube.com/channel/UCudEpP-KJhonYokRNIMC6pg
Kute Kitties: www.youtube.com/channel/UCWEvdHXKaaITP_cGYgBRYaw
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 4 weeks ago #119002

• JoyBaker
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Thank you received: 150
sci_geeek wrote:
I have an example...

Wow. Yeah, although I don’t think I need to get vaccinated,
I don’t believe getting a vaccine is a sin, or God will not have mercy on those who get it.
I also can’t say she didn’t get any revelations. I wouldn’t know.
But, maybe the lady misinterpreted something, or maybe the revelation she got wasn’t from God although she thought it was…

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 4 weeks ago #119032

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
sci_geeek wrote:
I have an example...

There is no need for anyone to do anything to refute her baseless claims. It's bad enough that she basing her assertions on her emotional stance on the subject of vaccines, but to go as far as to say that she is some prophet to whom "God had revealed all that," is purely inane. Anyways, her statement can be used as evidence to prove that anything she says concerning a certain matter will be based on her heightened emotions. I'm not going to waste my time and logic to counter her asinine drivel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sci_geeek

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 4 weeks ago #119040

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 632
I definitely disagree with what the lady said. God will not close His grace to anyone. People often confuse their own feelings with “the voice of God”.
It’s unfortunate, and that is why we should always pray for discernment.
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid, JoyBaker, sci_geeek

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 4 weeks ago #119043

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
JoyBaker wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
I have an example...

I don’t believe getting a vaccine is a sin, or God will not have mercy on those who get it.
But, maybe the lady misinterpreted something, or maybe the revelation she got wasn’t from God although she thought it was…
Yeah, I think that's what happened. I think we misinterpreted something.

#presidentofguide

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 4 weeks ago #119044

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
wannabewritergirl wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
I have an example...

Lots of people are against the vaccine (I'm not) but the Ellen White thing? Thats a bit too much.
Ikr?

#presidentofguide

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 4 weeks ago #119045

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
pathfinder4ever wrote:
I definitely disagree with what the lady said. God will not close His grace to anyone. People often confuse their own feelings with “the voice of God”.
Yeah. I think what happened was that she misinterpreted the Bible because her feelings against the vaccine were in the way. I'm not saying she was wrong to be against the vaccine, of course -- what I mean is, those things should not be what determine how we understand the Bible. The Holy Spirit should be.

#presidentofguide

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 4 weeks ago #119048

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
sci_geeek wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
I have an example...

*she

#presidentofguide

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 4 weeks ago #119061

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Exactly. Nothing more anyone can say about it.

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 3 weeks ago #119106

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
sci_geeek wrote:
I have an example...

She's lying. I think it is a sin to get a vaccine because it may not be good for your health and Ellen G. White is strict about eating healthy.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 3 weeks ago #119162

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
I have an example...

She's lying. I think it is a sin to get a vaccine because it may not be good for your health and Ellen G. White is strict about eating healthy.
Whatever Ellen White says is irrelevant. What matters most is what the Bible says.

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 3 weeks ago #119163

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
sci_geeek wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
I have an example...

*she
Her claims are way too ridiculous to be considered a misinterpretation.

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 3 weeks ago #119177

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 632
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
I have an example...

Whatever Ellen White says is irrelevant. What matters most is what the Bible says.
You do realize the bible was written by people like Ellen White right?
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 3 weeks ago #119184

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
I have an example...

Junk food isn't good for your health either. And Ellen White talks about eating healthy...the vaccine isn't a food.

#presidentofguide

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 3 weeks ago #119188

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
I have an example...

Well not a a Seventh-Day Adventist it's not irrelevant.

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 3 weeks ago #119189

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
to a*

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 3 weeks ago #119197

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
I have an example...

While that may be true, we still have to understand that (1) the Bible is a higher authority than the words of Ellen White and the like and (2) people like Ellen White and she would base their ideologies on the Bible, and in doing so, could end up misinterpreting certain parts. Besides, the writers of the Bible had a closer relationship with God than
alleged "prophets" like Ellen White and Joseph Smith. Because of that fact, what they wrote in the Bible would be weightier than what they have to say.

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 1 week ago #119389

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
I have an example...

While that may be true, we still have to understand that (1) the Bible is a higher authority than the words of Ellen White and the like and (2) people like Ellen White and she would base their ideologies on the Bible, and in doing so, could end up misinterpreting certain parts. Besides, the writers of the Bible had a closer relationship with God than
alleged "prophets" like Ellen White and Joseph Smith. Because of that fact, what they wrote in the Bible would be weightier than what they have to say.
Who's Joseph Smith?

#presidentofguide

"God has revealed to me..." 2 months 1 week ago #119392

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
Never mind, I just googled Joseph Smith.

#presidentofguide
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds