Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114314

  • Prov17
  • Prov17's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Read the Bible
  • Posts: 382
  • Thank you received: 316
endershadow112 wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:
In heaven the devil used sophistry, deceit, and lies to get the angels on his side. God couldn't use the same thing as Satan or else he would be just as bad sooo...it's the same for us. We can't use the same things the devil uses to bring others to Christ.
Seven years ago I would have disagreed with this statement. Now from reading my Bible I can see how our Creator commands a certain way of how we are to worship Him. Can you hear praise to Yah (whom Christians call God) through rap, metal, or rock music? I have heard all those styles of music. We are to worship from the heart in obedience to the Messiah. He never commanded us to fly into a demonic frenzy screaming or rocking our heads over the beat of a song. There are things we can not use to praise our Creator because they are not of Him. It's just like how He gave us the Sabbath to cease from work and worship Him. The Christians want to say He gave us any old day. That the Sabbath doesn't matter. If it matters to Yah what day we stop working to worship Him alone, it would also matter how we worship Him.

Gonna come off as harsh, but I think that if you're primary complaint with rap/rock is the way it sounds, then you don't really care about the morals and are just put off by something you don't understand. If people want to criticize the lyrics or the values those lyrics promote I can respect that, but when the complaints are about "satanic beats" or that a certain style of music doesn't glorify God, I'd say that you just don't like the sound of new music and are projecting your own tastes as what God wants.
I forgot you existed, Endershadow, even after the debates we've had in the past.

To the others who responded to me. The only social media I use as a form of evangelism is YouTube which I'm considering getting rid of. I stay away from Facebook because it is more blatent in its rejection of Yah's law. Use your discernment with what platform you use for evangelism. But we should be more watchful with music since music can affect a person's mind. Before Satan was cast out of Heaven, he was the chief musician. He knows how to deceive people. Not everything is righteous or can be used for righteousness just because someone says it can.
Proverbs 17:15, "He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to Yahweh."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114331

  • BookwormJo
  • BookwormJo's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Posts: 1799
  • Thank you received: 220
I'm in the middle of the Sci/Prov spectrum
No one who trusts in God will ever be disappointed.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114332

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6392
  • Thank you received: 430
Prov17 wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:
In heaven the devil used sophistry, deceit, and lies to get the angels on his side. God couldn't use the same thing as Satan or else he would be just as bad sooo...it's the same for us. We can't use the same things the devil uses to bring others to Christ.
Seven years ago I would have disagreed with this statement. Now from reading my Bible I can see how our Creator commands a certain way of how we are to worship Him. Can you hear praise to Yah (whom Christians call God) through rap, metal, or rock music? I have heard all those styles of music. We are to worship from the heart in obedience to the Messiah. He never commanded us to fly into a demonic frenzy screaming or rocking our heads over the beat of a song. There are things we can not use to praise our Creator because they are not of Him. It's just like how He gave us the Sabbath to cease from work and worship Him. The Christians want to say He gave us any old day. That the Sabbath doesn't matter. If it matters to Yah what day we stop working to worship Him alone, it would also matter how we worship Him.

Gonna come off as harsh, but I think that if you're primary complaint with rap/rock is the way it sounds, then you don't really care about the morals and are just put off by something you don't understand. If people want to criticize the lyrics or the values those lyrics promote I can respect that, but when the complaints are about "satanic beats" or that a certain style of music doesn't glorify God, I'd say that you just don't like the sound of new music and are projecting your own tastes as what God wants.
I forgot you existed, Endershadow, even after the debates we've had in the past.

To the others who responded to me. The only social media I use as a form of evangelism is YouTube which I'm considering getting rid of. I stay away from Facebook because it is more blatent in its rejection of Yah's law. Use your discernment with what platform you use for evangelism. But we should be more watchful with music since music can affect a person's mind. Before Satan was cast out of Heaven, he was the chief musician. He knows how to deceive people. Not everything is righteous or can be used for righteousness just because someone says it can.
Sigh. Your last statement is utterly laughable. "...just because someone says it can." If you are referring to our saying that rap has been used for evangelism, then I'll have to shake my head. The deciding factor of whether something "is righteous or can be used for righteousness" is the Scriptures. Since that is the case, I've looked over the evidence and found nothing that supports your claim. Everything was focused on who our praise should be directed to rather than how we should praise the Creator. In fact, I have evidence that supports my claim. In Daniel 3, the instruments that Nebuchadnezzar used to commence his worship session were the same instruments that David used when the Ark of the Covenant arrived in Jerusalem. And those instruments will be used when our Saviour arrives for the second time. Up to this point, almost everything you've said has been mere opinionated conjecture. You're using opinions to fight with absolute facts. Think about it: Have you even proven that Christian rap is as immoral as regular rap? Or is everything you've debated with based on your feelings on how it sounds?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: endershadow112

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114362

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2755
  • Thank you received: 373
Prov17 wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:
In heaven the devil used sophistry, deceit, and lies to get the angels on his side. God couldn't use the same thing as Satan or else he would be just as bad sooo...it's the same for us. We can't use the same things the devil uses to bring others to Christ.
Seven years ago I would have disagreed with this statement. Now from reading my Bible I can see how our Creator commands a certain way of how we are to worship Him. Can you hear praise to Yah (whom Christians call God) through rap, metal, or rock music? I have heard all those styles of music. We are to worship from the heart in obedience to the Messiah. He never commanded us to fly into a demonic frenzy screaming or rocking our heads over the beat of a song. There are things we can not use to praise our Creator because they are not of Him. It's just like how He gave us the Sabbath to cease from work and worship Him. The Christians want to say He gave us any old day. That the Sabbath doesn't matter. If it matters to Yah what day we stop working to worship Him alone, it would also matter how we worship Him.

Gonna come off as harsh, but I think that if you're primary complaint with rap/rock is the way it sounds, then you don't really care about the morals and are just put off by something you don't understand. If people want to criticize the lyrics or the values those lyrics promote I can respect that, but when the complaints are about "satanic beats" or that a certain style of music doesn't glorify God, I'd say that you just don't like the sound of new music and are projecting your own tastes as what God wants.
I forgot you existed, Endershadow, even after the debates we've had in the past.

To the others who responded to me. The only social media I use as a form of evangelism is YouTube which I'm considering getting rid of. I stay away from Facebook because it is more blatent in its rejection of Yah's law. Use your discernment with what platform you use for evangelism. But we should be more watchful with music since music can affect a person's mind. Before Satan was cast out of Heaven, he was the chief musician. He knows how to deceive people. Not everything is righteous or can be used for righteousness just because someone says it can.
Ok well...What social media platforms do you believe cannot be used to evangelize?
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114378

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2755
  • Thank you received: 373
Prov17 wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:
In heaven the devil used sophistry, deceit, and lies to get the angels on his side. God couldn't use the same thing as Satan or else he would be just as bad sooo...it's the same for us. We can't use the same things the devil uses to bring others to Christ.
Seven years ago I would have disagreed with this statement. Now from reading my Bible I can see how our Creator commands a certain way of how we are to worship Him. Can you hear praise to Yah (whom Christians call God) through rap, metal, or rock music? I have heard all those styles of music. We are to worship from the heart in obedience to the Messiah. He never commanded us to fly into a demonic frenzy screaming or rocking our heads over the beat of a song. There are things we can not use to praise our Creator because they are not of Him. It's just like how He gave us the Sabbath to cease from work and worship Him. The Christians want to say He gave us any old day. That the Sabbath doesn't matter. If it matters to Yah what day we stop working to worship Him alone, it would also matter how we worship Him.

Gonna come off as harsh, but I think that if you're primary complaint with rap/rock is the way it sounds, then you don't really care about the morals and are just put off by something you don't understand. If people want to criticize the lyrics or the values those lyrics promote I can respect that, but when the complaints are about "satanic beats" or that a certain style of music doesn't glorify God, I'd say that you just don't like the sound of new music and are projecting your own tastes as what God wants.
I forgot you existed, Endershadow, even after the debates we've had in the past.

To the others who responded to me. The only social media I use as a form of evangelism is YouTube which I'm considering getting rid of. I stay away from Facebook because it is more blatent in its rejection of Yah's law. Use your discernment with what platform you use for evangelism. But we should be more watchful with music since music can affect a person's mind. Before Satan was cast out of Heaven, he was the chief musician. He knows how to deceive people. Not everything is righteous or can be used for righteousness just because someone says it can.
It is important to choose our music carefully, yes. But can you explain why you say that Satan is using Christian rap to deceive people? Why can't God be the One using it, for the use of bringing a certain audience towards Himself? He wants everyone to choose him, and hymns just aren't effective toward bringing some people, in fact most people, to Him. Frankly, I myself don't enjoy listening to hymns all that much; they aren't what make me feel closest to God. Some people feel closer to God when listening to hymns, others by listening to Christian pop (me) or contemporary Christian worship (me), and the list goes on and on. (Also, it wasn't the fact that he worked with music that made Satan turn away from God. It was jealousy.)
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114379

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2755
  • Thank you received: 373
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel


Whew. I am exhausted just reading this debate. :blink:
No kidding! It doesn't help that I've begun blowing oxygen into the embers... :pinch:
Add gasoline.
Heh. Thanks. But I'll stick to using oxygen.
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114419

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6392
  • Thank you received: 430
sci_geeek wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:
In heaven the devil used sophistry, deceit, and lies to get the angels on his side. God couldn't use the same thing as Satan or else he would be just as bad sooo...it's the same for us. We can't use the same things the devil uses to bring others to Christ.
Seven years ago I would have disagreed with this statement. Now from reading my Bible I can see how our Creator commands a certain way of how we are to worship Him. Can you hear praise to Yah (whom Christians call God) through rap, metal, or rock music? I have heard all those styles of music. We are to worship from the heart in obedience to the Messiah. He never commanded us to fly into a demonic frenzy screaming or rocking our heads over the beat of a song. There are things we can not use to praise our Creator because they are not of Him. It's just like how He gave us the Sabbath to cease from work and worship Him. The Christians want to say He gave us any old day. That the Sabbath doesn't matter. If it matters to Yah what day we stop working to worship Him alone, it would also matter how we worship Him.

Gonna come off as harsh, but I think that if you're primary complaint with rap/rock is the way it sounds, then you don't really care about the morals and are just put off by something you don't understand. If people want to criticize the lyrics or the values those lyrics promote I can respect that, but when the complaints are about "satanic beats" or that a certain style of music doesn't glorify God, I'd say that you just don't like the sound of new music and are projecting your own tastes as what God wants.
I forgot you existed, Endershadow, even after the debates we've had in the past.

To the others who responded to me. The only social media I use as a form of evangelism is YouTube which I'm considering getting rid of. I stay away from Facebook because it is more blatent in its rejection of Yah's law. Use your discernment with what platform you use for evangelism. But we should be more watchful with music since music can affect a person's mind. Before Satan was cast out of Heaven, he was the chief musician. He knows how to deceive people. Not everything is righteous or can be used for righteousness just because someone says it can.
Ok well...What social media platforms do you believe cannot be used to evangelize?
Heh. Wouldn't it be a greater accomplishment if one successfully evangelized via Facebook than if he successfully evangelized via a more moral social media platform?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114451

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2755
  • Thank you received: 373
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:
In heaven the devil used sophistry, deceit, and lies to get the angels on his side. God couldn't use the same thing as Satan or else he would be just as bad sooo...it's the same for us. We can't use the same things the devil uses to bring others to Christ.
Seven years ago I would have disagreed with this statement. Now from reading my Bible I can see how our Creator commands a certain way of how we are to worship Him. Can you hear praise to Yah (whom Christians call God) through rap, metal, or rock music? I have heard all those styles of music. We are to worship from the heart in obedience to the Messiah. He never commanded us to fly into a demonic frenzy screaming or rocking our heads over the beat of a song. There are things we can not use to praise our Creator because they are not of Him. It's just like how He gave us the Sabbath to cease from work and worship Him. The Christians want to say He gave us any old day. That the Sabbath doesn't matter. If it matters to Yah what day we stop working to worship Him alone, it would also matter how we worship Him.

Gonna come off as harsh, but I think that if you're primary complaint with rap/rock is the way it sounds, then you don't really care about the morals and are just put off by something you don't understand. If people want to criticize the lyrics or the values those lyrics promote I can respect that, but when the complaints are about "satanic beats" or that a certain style of music doesn't glorify God, I'd say that you just don't like the sound of new music and are projecting your own tastes as what God wants.
I forgot you existed, Endershadow, even after the debates we've had in the past.

To the others who responded to me. The only social media I use as a form of evangelism is YouTube which I'm considering getting rid of. I stay away from Facebook because it is more blatent in its rejection of Yah's law. Use your discernment with what platform you use for evangelism. But we should be more watchful with music since music can affect a person's mind. Before Satan was cast out of Heaven, he was the chief musician. He knows how to deceive people. Not everything is righteous or can be used for righteousness just because someone says it can.
Ok well...What social media platforms do you believe cannot be used to evangelize?
Heh. Wouldn't it be a greater accomplishment if one successfully evangelized via Facebook than if he successfully evangelized via a more moral social media platform?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking...and imagine using Instagram too: you could reach all those teens that are stuck staring at a phone screen because they can't find a purpose in life.
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114465

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6392
  • Thank you received: 430
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:
In heaven the devil used sophistry, deceit, and lies to get the angels on his side. God couldn't use the same thing as Satan or else he would be just as bad sooo...it's the same for us. We can't use the same things the devil uses to bring others to Christ.
Seven years ago I would have disagreed with this statement. Now from reading my Bible I can see how our Creator commands a certain way of how we are to worship Him. Can you hear praise to Yah (whom Christians call God) through rap, metal, or rock music? I have heard all those styles of music. We are to worship from the heart in obedience to the Messiah. He never commanded us to fly into a demonic frenzy screaming or rocking our heads over the beat of a song. There are things we can not use to praise our Creator because they are not of Him. It's just like how He gave us the Sabbath to cease from work and worship Him. The Christians want to say He gave us any old day. That the Sabbath doesn't matter. If it matters to Yah what day we stop working to worship Him alone, it would also matter how we worship Him.

Gonna come off as harsh, but I think that if you're primary complaint with rap/rock is the way it sounds, then you don't really care about the morals and are just put off by something you don't understand. If people want to criticize the lyrics or the values those lyrics promote I can respect that, but when the complaints are about "satanic beats" or that a certain style of music doesn't glorify God, I'd say that you just don't like the sound of new music and are projecting your own tastes as what God wants.
I forgot you existed, Endershadow, even after the debates we've had in the past.

To the others who responded to me. The only social media I use as a form of evangelism is YouTube which I'm considering getting rid of. I stay away from Facebook because it is more blatent in its rejection of Yah's law. Use your discernment with what platform you use for evangelism. But we should be more watchful with music since music can affect a person's mind. Before Satan was cast out of Heaven, he was the chief musician. He knows how to deceive people. Not everything is righteous or can be used for righteousness just because someone says it can.
Ok well...What social media platforms do you believe cannot be used to evangelize?
Heh. Wouldn't it be a greater accomplishment if one successfully evangelized via Facebook than if he successfully evangelized via a more moral social media platform?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking...and imagine using Instagram too: you could reach all those teens that are stuck staring at a phone screen because they can't find a purpose in life.
Exactly
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114553

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2755
  • Thank you received: 373
Looks like Prov17 has left this discussion.
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114589

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6392
  • Thank you received: 430
sci_geeek wrote:
Looks like Prov17 has left this discussion.
Never underestimate your opponent.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114634

  • SGirven
  • SGirven's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Human. Writer. Latino. Photographer. Keep Running.
  • Posts: 1069
  • Thank you received: 238
We've turned to extremism, I see. How the mighty have fallen...

Discord: sgir.v#7196

IG: sgir.v

“We are not to deny the authority of the human senses and understanding, although weak, but rather furnish them with assistance.” -Sir Francis Bacon
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 day ago #115110

  • Alyssa4Jesus
  • Alyssa4Jesus's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Let's go somewhere where the sun kisses the beach
  • Posts: 1496
  • Thank you received: 165
SGirven wrote:
We've turned to extremism, I see. How the mighty have fallen...
You talk so old now lol
"Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully."
~Kristen Butler
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 day ago #115117

  • BookwormJo
  • BookwormJo's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Posts: 1799
  • Thank you received: 220
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
We've turned to extremism, I see. How the mighty have fallen...
You talk so old now lol
He always did.
No one who trusts in God will ever be disappointed.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 day ago #115118

  • BookwormJo
  • BookwormJo's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Posts: 1799
  • Thank you received: 220
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
We've turned to extremism, I see. How the mighty have fallen...
You talk so old now lol
Retirement rights! ;) B)
No one who trusts in God will ever be disappointed.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 day ago #115132

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6392
  • Thank you received: 430
I believe this has finally been resolved.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 day ago #115175

  • Alyssa4Jesus
  • Alyssa4Jesus's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Let's go somewhere where the sun kisses the beach
  • Posts: 1496
  • Thank you received: 165
BookwormJo wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
SGirven wrote:
We've turned to extremism, I see. How the mighty have fallen...
You talk so old now lol
He always did.
Eh...when I read old topics and he posts, he sounded like a regular teenager
"Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully."
~Kristen Butler
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 51 minutes ago #115254

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2755
  • Thank you received: 373
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I believe this has finally been resolved.
That was easier than I thought it would be. Say, Khriz, I don't know much about effective arguments. How'd I do? Any fallacies?
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 months 4 weeks ago #115267

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6392
  • Thank you received: 430
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I believe this has finally been resolved.
That was easier than I thought it would be. Say, Khriz, I don't know much about effective arguments. How'd I do? Any fallacies?
You did well. Your arguments had veritable evidence and the reasoning you used proved your points with clarity. Of course, there's more stuff than that to winning a debate, but for now, you've done well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 months 4 weeks ago #115291

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2755
  • Thank you received: 373
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I believe this has finally been resolved.
That was easier than I thought it would be. Say, Khriz, I don't know much about effective arguments. How'd I do? Any fallacies?
You did well. Your arguments had veritable evidence and the reasoning you used proved your points with clarity. Of course, there's more stuff than that to winning a debate, but for now, you've done well.
Ok, thx! This semester I'm supposed to take a logic class, and I already flipped thru the book a bit and learned some of that.
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 months 4 weeks ago #115308

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6392
  • Thank you received: 430
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I believe this has finally been resolved.
That was easier than I thought it would be. Say, Khriz, I don't know much about effective arguments. How'd I do? Any fallacies?
You did well. Your arguments had veritable evidence and the reasoning you used proved your points with clarity. Of course, there's more stuff than that to winning a debate, but for now, you've done well.
Ok, thx! This semester I'm supposed to take a logic class, and I already flipped thru the book a bit and learned some of that.
Nice. Maybe I could learn some stuff from you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 months 4 weeks ago #115314

  • Prov17
  • Prov17's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Read the Bible
  • Posts: 382
  • Thank you received: 316
I dropped out because I didn't feel like arguing more.
Proverbs 17:15, "He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to Yahweh."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 months 4 weeks ago #115337

  • sci_geeek
  • sci_geeek's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Posts: 2755
  • Thank you received: 373
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I believe this has finally been resolved.
That was easier than I thought it would be. Say, Khriz, I don't know much about effective arguments. How'd I do? Any fallacies?
You did well. Your arguments had veritable evidence and the reasoning you used proved your points with clarity. Of course, there's more stuff than that to winning a debate, but for now, you've done well.
Ok, thx! This semester I'm supposed to take a logic class, and I already flipped thru the book a bit and learned some of that.
Nice. Maybe I could learn some stuff from you.
:blink: Now that's something I didn't expect you to say...
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 months 4 weeks ago #115373

  • jodiaz
  • jodiaz's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Quantum Entanglement
  • Posts: 2481
  • Thank you received: 54
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I believe this has finally been resolved.
That was easier than I thought it would be. Say, Khriz, I don't know much about effective arguments. How'd I do? Any fallacies?
You did well. Your arguments had veritable evidence and the reasoning you used proved your points with clarity. Of course, there's more stuff than that to winning a debate, but for now, you've done well.
Ok, thx! This semester I'm supposed to take a logic class, and I already flipped thru the book a bit and learned some of that.
Nice. Maybe I could learn some stuff from you.
Note: Maybe.


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: L̴i̸g̵h̸t̷n̴e̸s̴s̵#0474

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 months 4 weeks ago #115383

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 6392
  • Thank you received: 430
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I believe this has finally been resolved.
That was easier than I thought it would be. Say, Khriz, I don't know much about effective arguments. How'd I do? Any fallacies?
You did well. Your arguments had veritable evidence and the reasoning you used proved your points with clarity. Of course, there's more stuff than that to winning a debate, but for now, you've done well.
Ok, thx! This semester I'm supposed to take a logic class, and I already flipped thru the book a bit and learned some of that.
Nice. Maybe I could learn some stuff from you.
:blink: Now that's something I didn't expect you to say...
Well, I've taught myself, so I'd like to see if what I learned matches up with what is being taught.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: melaniebockmann
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds