Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113900

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Thank you received: 373
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:
In heaven the devil used sophistry, deceit, and lies to get the angels on his side. God couldn't use the same thing as Satan or else he would be just as bad sooo...it's the same for us. We can't use the same things the devil uses to bring others to Christ.
Seven years ago I would have disagreed with this statement. Now from reading my Bible I can see how our Creator commands a certain way of how we are to worship Him. Can you hear praise to Yah (whom Christians call God) through rap, metal, or rock music? I have heard all those styles of music. We are to worship from the heart in obedience to the Messiah. He never commanded us to fly into a demonic frenzy screaming or rocking our heads over the beat of a song. There are things we can not use to praise our Creator because they are not of Him. It's just like how He gave us the Sabbath to cease from work and worship Him. The Christians want to say He gave us any old day. That the Sabbath doesn't matter. If it matters to Yah what day we stop working to worship Him alone, it would also matter how we worship Him.
I'm sorry but...what if a person's way of worshipping God from the heart is through rap, for example? I mean, some people grow up listening to it, and naturally it is their way of praising God when they meet Him. God meets you where you are. If rap is what you know, it's not like you're sinning or anything.
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113901

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
QuazaWizard941 wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
It doesn't matter what type of music it is, if it glorifies God, it is ok. Nowhere in the bible does God speak against music, and there are worse problems. Personally I think christian rap can help people who like rap find jesus, as they would probably never listen to a hymn.
But how do you know if music glorifies God? Are we going the route of, "I like it so God must too"?
But who are we to decide what kind of music God doesn't like?

Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113902

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Whew. I am exhausted just reading this debate. :blink:
No kidding! It doesn't help that I've begun blowing oxygen into the embers... :pinch:

Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113924

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 430
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:
In heaven the devil used sophistry, deceit, and lies to get the angels on his side. God couldn't use the same thing as Satan or else he would be just as bad sooo...it's the same for us. We can't use the same things the devil uses to bring others to Christ.
Seven years ago I would have disagreed with this statement. Now from reading my Bible I can see how our Creator commands a certain way of how we are to worship Him. Can you hear praise to Yah (whom Christians call God) through rap, metal, or rock music? I have heard all those styles of music. We are to worship from the heart in obedience to the Messiah. He never commanded us to fly into a demonic frenzy screaming or rocking our heads over the beat of a song. There are things we can not use to praise our Creator because they are not of Him. It's just like how He gave us the Sabbath to cease from work and worship Him. The Christians want to say He gave us any old day. That the Sabbath doesn't matter. If it matters to Yah what day we stop working to worship Him alone, it would also matter how we worship Him.
Your argument is compelling, but there's still some explanation required. As it stands, the basis of your argument can be summed up as "music, such as heavy metal, rock, hip-hop, and the like are morally wrong." But, you have yet to prove that, in this case, rap is immoral.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113925

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
sci_geeek wrote:
QuazaWizard941 wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
It doesn't matter what type of music it is, if it glorifies God, it is ok. Nowhere in the bible does God speak against music, and there are worse problems. Personally I think christian rap can help people who like rap find Jesus, as they would probably never listen to a hymn.
But how do you know if music glorifies God? Are we going the route of, "I like it so God must too"?
Besides, that's not what he was saying. He said, "If it glorifies God...." I honestly don't understand how someone get "I like it, so God must too" from what he said. endershadow112's last statement is plausible for the simple fact that rap can be and has been used to lead people to Jesus.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113930

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
sci_geeek wrote:
SGirven wrote:
#operationtimetravel

Whew. I am exhausted just reading this debate. :blink:
No kidding! It doesn't help that I've begun blowing oxygen into the embers... :pinch:
Add gasoline.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113941

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
QuazaWizard941 wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
It doesn't matter what type of music it is, if it glorifies God, it is ok. Nowhere in the bible does God speak against music, and there are worse problems. Personally I think christian rap can help people who like rap find Jesus, as they would probably never listen to a hymn.
Besides, that's not what he was saying. He said, "If it glorifies God...." I honestly don't understand how someone get "I like it, so God must too" from what he said. endershadow112's last statement is plausible for the simple fact that rap can be and has been used to lead people to Jesus.
Exactly.

Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113942

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I don't understand raps, so I'm lost...
Don't really like them anyways
I don't enjoy rap either; I prefer pop. Rap drives me crazy, depending on how "rappy" it is, if you know what I mean. But I don't agree with the idea that rap is the number one invasion of the Church, or that it's the devil's. It can be used by the devil, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is of the devil.

Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113948

• Prov17
  • Read the Bible
  • Thank you received: 316
Rock and metal are demonically influenced There's a documentary about those who started rock who were all satanists. I don't know who started rap, but I never saw much of Yah's spirit in those songs. If the newly saved continue to abide in Yah, they will discern how properly to praise their Creator and savior. The Bible is our instruction as to how to live in this world. We are to be separate from the world. Not participating in their practices (including Christmas and Easter). 1 Thessalonians 5:22 instructs us to avoid any appearance of evil.
Proverbs 17:15, "He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to Yahweh."

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113957

• Alyssa4Jesus
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Let's go somewhere where the sun kisses the beach
  • Thank you received: 165
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I don't enjoy rap either; I prefer pop. Rap drives me crazy, depending on how "rappy" it is, if you know what I mean. But I don't agree with the idea that rap is the number one invasion of the Church, or that it's the devil's. It can be used by the devil, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is of the devil.

Rap isn't that bad. I find it cool how they are able to sing words so fast tbh
"Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully."
~Kristen Butler

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113958

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
Prov17 wrote:
Rock and metal are demonically influenced There's a documentary about those who started rock who were all satanists. I don't know who started rap, but I never saw much of Yah's spirit in those songs. If the newly saved continue to abide in Yah, they will discern how properly to praise their Creator and savior. The Bible is our instruction as to how to live in this world. We are to be separate from the world. Not participating in their practices (including Christmas and Easter). 1 Thessalonians 5:22 instructs us to avoid any appearance of evil.
According to npr.org, "Rap as a genre began at block parties in New York City in the early 1970s, when DJs began isolating the percussion breaks of funk, soul, and disco songs and extending them. MCs tasked with introducing the DJs and keeping the crowd energized would talk between songs, joking and generally interacting with the audience." Rap started with trying to keep people entertained.

Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113959

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
Prov17 wrote:
I understand your point of view, and I will respect it. What genre do you believe God likes?

Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113962

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Prov17 wrote:

I figured you would say that about rock and heavy metal because I saw a documentary on that also. But with rap, it seems it all boils down to how it is used. But you would be correct if you had said, "If God reveals to the newly saved that the music they're listening to does not glorifiy Him, then it, on a whole, is not morally right, no exceptions." But, again, you have to prove that Christian rap is morally wrong, for your argument is built on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sci_geeek

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113966

• KristytheCorgi
  • life's too short to be sad
  • Thank you received: 62
Prov17 wrote:
Rap was started by DJs playing beats while interacting with the audience.
Remember, it's just a bad day, not a bad life. Keep smiling everyone

-- Love Chill Music

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #113977

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:

Rap isn't that bad. I find it cool how they are able to sing words so fast tbh
It ultimately depends on the words used.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BookwormJo, sci_geeek

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 2 weeks ago #114091

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
  • Thank you received: 54
JamaicanNinja7 wrote:
i think that christian rap is the number one invasion of the church.personally i like rap but the church now is becoming so worldly.how are people going to see any difference in us.People are looking for the truth.Jesus calls us to be different and to be not of the world.christian rap is making people think that we are part of them :huh:
Not for me cause I barely like any songs.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: L̴i̸g̵h̸t̷n̴e̸s̴s̵#0474

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114219

• Prov17
  • Read the Bible
sci_geeek wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
I understand your point of view, and I will respect it. What genre do you believe God likes?
Whichever one that doesn't make a person get caught up in the beat of the music where they stop worshipping Yah.
Proverbs 17:15, "He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to Yahweh."

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114220

• Prov17
  • Read the Bible
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:
Your argument is compelling, but there's still some explanation required. As it stands, the basis of your argument can be summed up as "music, such as heavy metal, rock, hip-hop, and the like are morally wrong." But, you have yet to prove that, in this case, rap is immoral.
That it sounds worldly, and Christian rappers do it as their way of evangelism to the lost. We aren't to use worldly methods to evangelise.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114231

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
Prov17 wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Whichever one that doesn't make a person get caught up in the beat of the music where they stop worshipping Yah.
And those genres would be namely...?

Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114233

• KristytheCorgi
  • life's too short to be sad
  • Thank you received: 62
Prov17 wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:
That it sounds worldly, and Christian rappers do it as their way of evangelism to the lost. We aren't to use worldly methods to evangelise.
what if it's their way of telling God how much they love him? What if other people meet Jesus because of music like that? I'm sure it's happened. Try to listen to the words instead of the beat. Tell me what you heard. I'm serious. Try it.
Remember, it's just a bad day, not a bad life. Keep smiling everyone

-- Love Chill Music
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by KristytheCorgi.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114237

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Prov17 wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:
These Christian rappers claim that God inspired them to create Christian rap. Your previous statement contradicts their claim. But, can you prove that they're lying?
Also, who are we to dictate what is worldly and what isn't? If we are to say that using worldly methods to evangelize is downright wrong, then Christian movies, Christian games, etc. should not be means of evangelism.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114242

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
Prov17 wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:
Social media is worldly. Does that make it a sin to evangelize that way? No...

Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114248

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
sci_geeek wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:
Social media is worldly. Does that make it a sin to evangelize that way? No...
Technology is also worldly but it has been used for evangelism.
Debate is used by politicians to gain support by the public to further their policies, yet Paul used it with Greek philosophers in Athens to spread the gospel.
Hence, your logic doesn't hold any water, I'm afraid.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114282

Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:

Gonna come off as harsh, but I think that if you're primary complaint with rap/rock is the way it sounds, then you don't really care about the morals and are just put off by something you don't understand. If people want to criticize the lyrics or the values those lyrics promote I can respect that, but when the complaints are about "satanic beats" or that a certain style of music doesn't glorify God, I'd say that you just don't like the sound of new music and are projecting your own tastes as what God wants.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkeleBoy10

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 months 1 week ago #114303

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
endershadow112 wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
trio3 wrote:

Gonna come off as harsh, but I think that if you're primary complaint with rap/rock is the way it sounds, then you don't really care about the morals and are just put off by something you don't understand. If people want to criticize the lyrics or the values those lyrics promote I can respect that, but when the complaints are about "satanic beats" or that a certain style of music doesn't glorify God, I'd say that you just don't like the sound of new music and are projecting your own tastes as what God wants.
Also, if the people listening are mainly focused on the beat, then, in this case, the responsibility falls on the listeners for not hearing the words. If the rapper is using it to convey the gospel message or to praise God, then the beats are simply no more than means to do as previously stated. Besides, why are you so focused on saying that the beats are satanic and worldly when (1) you have no proof whatsoever supporting that claim, and (2) the beats have little to no value compared to the words in the song.
Moderators: melaniebockmann
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds