Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How To Train Your Dragon

How To Train Your Dragon 6 months 2 weeks ago #112354

Hi everyone, I've been watching the "How to train your dragon" Franchise lately, and I am wondering what other people think of this franchise. As it takes place during the time of vikings, there is a lot of Norse mythology in it. The characters frequently say "Oh my Thor" "For the love of Odin" and they have "Loki day". They alsosay "Oh my Gods" as they believe in multiple deities. But the franchise is really good, I really enjoyed it, everything is well written. Just wondering what y'all think of the way everything is pagan in the shows. Aside from the fact that there are dragons everywhere. Also, the main characters are well, you could say, kind of dating all throughout the show............

Writers Block: When your imaginary friends refuse to talk to you.

YouTube Channels:

Stories of Faith: www.youtube.com/channel/UCudEpP-KJhonYokRNIMC6pg
Kute Kitties: www.youtube.com/channel/UCWEvdHXKaaITP_cGYgBRYaw
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by wannabewritergirl.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How To Train Your Dragon 6 months 2 weeks ago #112364

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 430
Never seen it. But from what you're saying, it seems as if there are elements of Norse mythology. Norse myths are quite interesting actually. And I know a couple.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sci_geeek

How To Train Your Dragon 6 months 2 weeks ago #112365

• JoyBaker
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Thank you received: 149
Hi! I’ve heard of it but never watched it before.

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3

How To Train Your Dragon 6 months 1 week ago #112374

• InsidiousCynic
  • Ecclesiastes 1:2 NIV
  • Thank you received: 69
Man, I used to binge watched those shows. I probably watched the first movie three or four times. I've watched every episode, and used to wait for new seasons of Race to the edge to come out on Netflix. I didn't really watch it because it was amazing, but more to just escape homework for a few hours....okay, for a lot of hours. It was one of a lot of franchises I was into at the time. I've watched waaaaaaayyyyy too much TV over the years. The twins got really annoying at times. I'm not gonna lie, I had a crush on both Astrid and Heather for at least a year. Man, those were the days. The newest movie kinda killed it for me though; the writers sacrificed plot for bigger and more impressive dragons. I've never read the books, though. As for the viking part, they just mixed in every cliché they could think of. For example, here's a fun fact: vikings almost never wore helmets with horns on them. Of course, it's a kid's show with dragons in it, so it doesn't really matter. Anyway, the show's better than a lot of junk that's out there, especially the original movie. Of course, for any ultra-conservative Adventists out there, I recommend that you stay faaaaarrrrr away (there's kissing and paganism in it).
“'Meaningless! Meaningless!' says the Teacher. 'Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.'”
Ecclesiastes 1:2 NIV

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
-Somebody

How To Train Your Dragon 6 months 1 week ago #112379

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • moderate pluviophile
  • Thank you received: 373
I've heard only a bit about it and I've never watched it so.........sounds interesting tho.
"Only the gentle are ever really strong." - James Dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but darling,
What if you fly?”
– Erin Hanson

How To Train Your Dragon 6 months 1 week ago #112395

• KristytheCorgi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • life's too short to be sad
  • Thank you received: 62
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Never seen it. But from what you're saying, it seems as if there are elements of Norse mythology. Norse myths are quite interesting actually. And I know a couple.
Mythology in general. I've heard a lot of Roman and Egyptian mythology. Some Norse. Wait. Frozen is some kind of like story from Scandinavian mythology. Do any of you know from what country it is from? I dunno.
Remember, it's just a bad day, not a bad life. Keep smiling everyone

-- Love Chill Music

How To Train Your Dragon 6 months 1 week ago #112406

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Mythology in general. I've heard a lot of Roman and Egyptian mythology. Some Norse. Wait. Frozen is some kind of like story from Scandinavian mythology. Do any of you know from what country it is from? I dunno.
Denmark seems right.
Norse and Scandinavian myths are quite similar since they're from the same region.

How To Train Your Dragon 6 months 1 week ago #112431

InsidiousCynic wrote:
Man, I used to binge watched those shows. I probably watched the first movie three or four times. I've watched every episode, and used to wait for new seasons of Race to the edge to come out on Netflix. I didn't really watch it because it was amazing, but more to just escape homework for a few hours....okay, for a lot of hours. It was one of a lot of franchises I was into at the time. I've watched waaaaaaayyyyy too much TV over the years. The twins got really annoying at times. I'm not gonna lie, I had a crush on both Astrid and Heather for at least a year. Man, those were the days. The newest movie kinda killed it for me though; the writers sacrificed plot for bigger and more impressive dragons. I've never read the books, though. As for the viking part, they just mixed in every cliché they could think of. For example, here's a fun fact: vikings almost never wore helmets with horns on them. Of course, it's a kid's show with dragons in it, so it doesn't really matter. Anyway, the show's better than a lot of junk that's out there, especially the original movie. Of course, for any ultra-conservative Adventists out there, I recommend that you stay faaaaarrrrr away (there's kissing and paganism in it).
For me, My crush is Hiccup! He is soooo cute! I assume you are a boy then, right? Race to the Edge is plain awesome! I've watched all the movies, including the short film, and am going through Race to the Edge, Just got the DVDs for Riders of Berk, and Defenders of Berk from the library, will watch all of it.

Writers Block: When your imaginary friends refuse to talk to you.

YouTube Channels:

Stories of Faith: www.youtube.com/channel/UCudEpP-KJhonYokRNIMC6pg

How To Train Your Dragon 6 months 1 week ago #112458

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
  • Thank you received: 54
wannabewritergirl wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
For me, My crush is Hiccup! He is soooo cute! I assume you are a boy then, right? Race to the Edge is plain awesome! I've watched all the movies, including the short film, and am going through Race to the Edge, Just got the DVDs for Riders of Berk, and Defenders of Berk from the library, will watch all of it.
Wait. What. You have a crush on someone that doesn't exist. Now that's something new.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: L̴i̸g̵h̸t̷n̴e̸s̴s̵#0474

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606

How To Train Your Dragon 6 months 1 week ago #112526

• InsidiousCynic
  • Ecclesiastes 1:2 NIV
  • Thank you received: 69
jodiaz wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
Wait. What. You have a crush on someone that doesn't exist. Now that's something new.

Don't mind us. Dat's just how we nerds do.
“'Meaningless! Meaningless!' says the Teacher. 'Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.'”
Ecclesiastes 1:2 NIV

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
-Somebody

How To Train Your Dragon 6 months 1 week ago #112539

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
InsidiousCynic wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:

*dabs*

How To Train Your Dragon 6 months 1 week ago #112585

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
InsidiousCynic wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:

That's actually not what nerds do.. but you might just be a weird "nerd".

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

How To Train Your Dragon 6 months 1 week ago #112586

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
wannabewritergirl wrote:
InsidiousCynic wrote:

*dabs*
Eww. Now I think you're an 8 yo.

How To Train Your Dragon 2 months 3 weeks ago #118970

• sprucetree
  • Hi! I'm sprucetree, wannabewritergirl's sister.
  • Thank you received: 1
JoyBaker wrote:
Hi! I’ve heard of it but never watched it before.
Well, you definitely should. It is great, although I’m not as obsessed as my sister.

“A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.” – Chinese Proverb

YouTube Channel:
Moderators: melaniebockmann
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds