• Page:

TOPIC: Baroque Music

Baroque Music 1 year 4 months ago #103363

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 687
Catchild77 wrote:
Hi @Kriz Kool Kat, thank you so much for your advice! I would love to learn how to play the violin. :cheer:
No prob. B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Baroque Music 1 year 4 months ago #103368

• JoyBaker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Thank you received: 218
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
emmykitty wrote:
@JoyBaker, Vivaldi's Spring is very nice! It's very recognizable :cheer:
@Khriz, I am indeed a big Vivaldi and Bach fan! I should really expand my horizons, though :lol: And nice deductions, but I haven't learned violin. The only stringed instruments I play are the ukulele, the guitar, and the harp. :lol:
I know how to play the violin and I am teaching myself to play the piano
Kool. I've taught myself so I could help you, if you want.

Yes. I will definitely need some help
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3

Baroque Music 1 year 4 months ago #103376

• Readingandrainbows
  • I love writing, piano, and pathfinders
  • Thank you received: 85
emmykitty wrote:
Catchild77 wrote:
emmykitty wrote:
Hey y'alls, share your favorite Baroque pieces here! I'll start. [after writing this whole list that took like an hour, i really don't know what the purpose was... but i had fun making it!]

first: Vivaldi's Concerto for Guitar and Strings in D Major
I first heard this when my friend played the second movement on our music tour back in 2018! Ever since then, I was obsessed with it! He played the first movement in 2019, and then this year he played the third movement (and I got to accompany on harpsichord!). Whenever I listen to it, I think of him! :cheer:

second: Vivaldi - Concerto for two cellos in G minor, RV 531
I was slightly familiar with this thanks to ThePianoGuys, but I never listened to the actual version until 2019 when our strings ensemble played the third movement (at least i think it was the third movement, I don't quite remember...)! I liked it, so I added it to my playlist.

third: Vivaldi - Autumn
Okay, yeah, the four seasons are really overrated, and I don't know why I have this on my playlist :lol: if anything, I would probably go with winter instead... but it's there!

fourth: Vivaldi: Concerto for 4 Violins in B minor RV 580
Our strings ensemble played the first movement in 2019, and I loved it! I still have a video on my phone from them playing it in Canada. I couldn't go without adding it to my playlist!

fifth: Vivaldi Concerto for 2 mandolins in G RV 532
In 2017-2018 my handbells ensemble played an arrangement of the second movement. I enjoyed playing it, and it brings back half-fond and half-interesting memories of that time in my life :lol: Maybe one day I'll learn the mandolin and play one or all of the movements!

sixth: Vivaldi - Concerto for Mandolin in C Major RV425
I think I found this from the sidebar on YouTube when I was listening to one of my other Baroque pieces... I listened to it and liked it!

seventh: Vivaldi: Trio Sonata for Lute, Violin and B.C. in G minor RV 85
This is also from a YouTube sidebar I think! I like its simplicity. I also wish I could play it, but I don't play any of the instruments... yet... :lol:

eighth: J.S. BACH: Violin Concerto in G minor BWV 1056R
Pretty sure this is also from a YouTube sidebar... I love the bounciness of the first movement so much! I want to join a Baroque ensemble and play this with me on the harpsichord!

ninth: Bach - Prelude and Fugue in G minor, BWV 558
I've played the prelude already, but back when I was learning it and the fugue, I decided to look it up to listen to so it would be easier for me to learn! I still have to master the fugue, so I should listen to it more often!

tenth: BWV 535 - Bach's Prelude & Fugue in G Minor
I found this while searching for the BWV 558 and decided to put it into my playlist in case I learn this one day!

eleventh: Vivaldi Violin Concerto in E minor, RV278
The intense beginning of this one really caught my attention! And yet again, this was discovered via the YouTube sidebar!

twelth: PDQ Bach's Toot Suite
Okay, this one may not exactly count, but I'm including it anyway because PDQ Bach is great.

That's it for my Baroque list as of now!
Vivaldi's Concerto for Guitar and Strings in D Major is beautiful! Thank you so much for compiling this collection of music! Do you have any suggestions for someone who would like to learn how to read music or play an instrument? :cheer:
Of course! My first tip is that if you have time, learn the piano first. Its skill sets are usually easily transferrable to other instruments. You'll also learn how to read both bass clef and treble clef in piano, which is very helpful (unless you're playing viola :lol: ).
Another tip is to have a schedule for practicing. Yeah, sometimes you might hate it, but practicing consistently will help with your musical prowess!
My last tip for now is to not skimp on the technique practices. They help to develop your hand strength and dexterity. I'm actually thinking about learning some guitar practices because I envy my friend who plays guitar easily :lol:
I may post more tips later; also Khriz probably has some good tips too!
The piano is definitely what you should start with. My mom made my sister take a year of piano before violin. And @emmykitty, I know what you mean about setting a set time for practice.

Yes, I do love reading! How did you know?

Baroque Music 1 year 4 months ago #103403

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 687
JoyBaker wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
emmykitty wrote:
@JoyBaker, Vivaldi's Spring is very nice! It's very recognizable :cheer:
@Khriz, I am indeed a big Vivaldi and Bach fan! I should really expand my horizons, though :lol: And nice deductions, but I haven't learned violin. The only stringed instruments I play are the ukulele, the guitar, and the harp. :lol:
I know how to play the violin and I am teaching myself to play the piano
Kool. I've taught myself so I could help you, if you want.

Yes. I will definitely need some help
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
You'll see ;)
  • Page:
Moderators: melaniebockmann
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds