Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How God works in wonderful ways.

How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 7 months ago #34561

• Mercylove
  • October 16th I'll remember forever.
  • Thank you received: 191
Hey guys, I felt impressed to tell you a story about me. Well here it goes!! :)

Last year (2013) everything seemed to be going just perfect, until the last week of May...It's a really long story, so I'll shorten it a little. My friends' asked if these 2 people had ever said anything about them, and I didn't want to tell them, but they begged so I told them a few things. They promised not to tell them anything. So I told them a little bit more, and they again assured me that it would never be told to anyone. But....one day they told them and guess what I was the one who got in HUGE TROUBLE...the parents talked to me, and I told them I had said a few things, but apparently the girls had lied to them about a few things that were really bad...that I would NEVER EVER say. I was like Uh oh...but the parents believed me luckily and then they talked to the girls..the girls lied and the cried so it made me look like I was the terrible one. In the end the parents pretty much believed the girls, and I was so hurt. I would cry every night, because I felt really betrayed. Now I realize that I shouldn't have gossiped, but lesson learned :) I was sad for a while about that, and still to this day it makes me a little sad whenever I think about it. I forgive them now, but it took a long time for me to do that. Well anyways! 2 months after that I hurt both of my ankles. I was on crutches for a week and that made me really upset, because it seemed like trial after trial was coming and I didn't feel like I had any peace. It was hard for me, but this story ends happily, and it still continues on today! Since my ankles were hurt I couldn't do anything at all. I was beyond upset for a while. Then 3 weeks after I hurt my ankle I had it AGAIN so I was like UGHH. I wasn't very happy, which is pretty unusual for me as you know! Those people I was friends with (The ones I told the girls about) were then unsure of me, and they ignored me. I was upset because one of them was my best friend, and I felt upset because the girls had betrayed me, and the other people were so unsure of me, and they didn't talk to me. I was pretty upset for a while, but October 16 changed all of that, and it changed my life. I'm not even kidding it really did! On that day I was feeling overwhelmed with all that had been happening, I went on the computer as usual, and I never used to go on Youtube and listen to hymns but that day I felt strongly impressed to do so, so I did. I typed in "Come thou found of every blessing." I saw one version from it and it said by Chris Rice,I was like Hmm I'm not familar with him, but I'll give it a try! As soon as the song started playing I felt peace I had never felt in my entire life..then I started crying, but they were tears of joy. I started praying and I heard a voice saying "Everything is going to be okay, I've got you." I felt like God was so very near. I don't have words to describe how amazing I felt! After that I wasn't worried about those girls, or my ankles. All I could think about was how God helped me. I gotta admitt in the start of 2013 I wasn't close with God AT ALL, but that one day changed my life, and today I love God so much, and I always look forward to spending time with him, and going to church. He is the highlight of my life!! So you see, God can bring you to situations you hate, but then in the end it works out for good!!!! (Btw this is the short version of my story!) I hope this touched you, and maybe even gave you some hope. Happy 2014 friends! -Mercylove :)
Blessed Assurance! Jesus is mine!
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by rfishell.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cynthia200, Quirky, Skite, isaiahtheprophet, sunnyside1, Going4God, Lloyd101, 12pearlygates

Re: How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 7 months ago #34597

• Kaid3rd
  • Thank you received: 61
I pray that u keep God in your heart always, and live for Him. I hope that His love be perfected in you so that as he is, so would u be in the world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mercylove

Re: How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 7 months ago #34605

• Kaid3rd
Stand firm in the faith be strong

Re: How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 7 months ago #34624

• Mercylove
Thank you Kaid!!! :) :woohoo:

Re: How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 7 months ago #34730

Wow! Your story is very touching! There is an artist that i enjoy listening to when I feel down. you should give her a try! If you dont already know her :P

www.youtube.com/user/BrittNicoleVEVO

Re: How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 7 months ago #34746

• sunnyside1
  • Thank you received: 467
Thanks, Mercylove. It did help. I've been having some doubts, but I'll keep on studying and I'm praying for you. :)

Re: How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 7 months ago #34759

• Mercylove
Thanks Radio Girl, and Sunny Side!!! :) Yes, I do know Britt Nicole!! :D She is good! :) I'm doing very well right now, since October I've been very, very happy and trying hard to live my life for Christ. It feels amazing to be closer to God. What are your doubts Sunnyside? I'm glad it helped a little. :) I really appreciate your prayers! If you have any prayer requests let me know! I would be happy to pray for any of your concerns, friends, family etc! :woohoo:

Re: How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 7 months ago #34765

• isaiahtheprophet
  • I love God,and man and my guitar:)
wow really touching here's a story from me

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
oh its going to spoil ya all right!!! :sick:

god bless

Re: How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 7 months ago #34791

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 805
Happy New Year Brianna! God is truly amazing! I kinda had a moment kinda like that recently with music, and it ended in my writing a song about! I'll keep you in prayer and stay stong!!!

(If you wanna see the song, let me know.)
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 7 months ago #34797

• Mercylove
Yes, he is!! Happy New Year!!! :) Oh, that's so cool! Moments like that we will never forget! :D Yes, I would love to see the song!!! :D

Re: How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 7 months ago #34975

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 805
Ok! It's a song called "Reaching Out." By the way, the strange format of the chorus is because that's what helps me remember kinda how the tune went while I was writing it!

-Reaching Out-
You've been calling me
To come to you
You've been urging me
To let go of my pride
To let go of my bitterness
To give everything to you

So God
I come
I come to you
with a broken heart
I come
To you
With these empty hands for you to fill
Cuz I know
That your love
Is reaching out to me
so I come
I come
To you

I have been sinning
Drawing away
From Your gracious love
I need your unfailing
Always reaching, here forever
Never changing, infinite love

So God
I come
I come to you
With a broken heart
I come
To you
With these empty hands for You to fill
Cuz I konw
That your love
Is reaching out to me
So I come
I come
To you

God I bring my empty hands
For you to fill
I bring my shambled life
For you to fix
God I bring my broken heart
I need you

God I bring my empty hands
For you to fill
I bring my shambled life
For you to fix
God I bring my broken heart
I need you

I need you

So God
I come
I come to you
With a broken heart
I come to you
With these empty hands for You to fill
Cuz I know
That your love
Is reaching out to me
So I come
I come
To you
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Mercylove, Mp137

Re: How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 6 months ago #35125

• Mercylove
Wow Hannah!! That's so good!! :woohoo: I love it!!!

How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 2 weeks ago #40031

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3301
That is such a beautiful song Hannah! i wish i knew the tune to it so that i can sing it :cheer:

@Brianna, i love your story! i wish i could have an experience like that. i used to be super happy when i was little (my nickname was "Kacie Lacy Sunshine Maker"). but know i get into these really ugly moods for no apparent reason and I hate it! its kind of like King Saul. please pray that i can have a more joyous spirit

Re: How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 1 week ago #40129

• sunnyside1
  • Thank you received: 467
Mercylove wrote:
Thanks Radio Girl, and Sunny Side!!! :) Yes, I do know Britt Nicole!! :D She is good! :) I'm doing very well right now, since October I've been very, very happy and trying hard to live my life for Christ. It feels amazing to be closer to God. What are your doubts Sunnyside? I'm glad it helped a little. :) I really appreciate your prayers! If you have any prayer requests let me know! I would be happy to pray for any of your concerns, friends, family etc! :woohoo:
Sorry, it's been a long time. I guess my doubts were whether God was really there. I have been bullied alot and I wasn't sure whether I really wanted to live. This story helped ALOT. I guess it kinda boosted me over that hump.
And could you pray for my brother? I think he's drifting away form God.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Re: How God works in wonderful ways. 8 years 4 days ago #40266

• Mercylove
Thanks you Quirky!!! :) Aw that's too bad, I'll make sure to keep you in my prayers for sure!! @Sunnyside I'm really sorry for the bullying that was going on, it's a tough thing to deal with for sure...I'm really glad my story helped a lot!!! I'm so glad God directed me to post this. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask me!! Yes, I'll make sure and pray for your brother!! :) God Bless you! :)
Moderators: richaguilera
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds