Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed.

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 3 years 6 months ago #94499

• SGirven
  • Human. Writer. Latino. Photographer. Keep Running.
  • Thank you received: 238
Guide needs to be redesigned. I can tell you several things that make this website outdated.

1. The forum is very slow, and needs more moderators.

--Idea to fix--

There are services that will electronicly moderate websites, and you can also program websites to do that.
--
2. The website is not secure
3. The chat room isn't open enough. I know Uncle Andy already addressed that in his email, but...
4. The website is not up to modern snuff, so that makes it slow.
5. There isn't an app.
6. The website isn't activly advertized, so the Guide website is not only dying, but they aren't trying to keep it from dying!
It is mentioned at the top corner of the magizine (I know, I didn't spell that right) where the date is, but they need to start saying things like:

"For more stories like this, visit ________________"
"To see the rest of this story, visit ______________"
"To see more cool facts, visit _____________"

Stuff on the line of that.

7. If no one new is joining, and current members are not going on the website as often, why should people want to stay going on?

Does anybody agree with me?

Discord: sgir.v#7196

IG: sgir.v

“We are not to deny the authority of the human senses and understanding, although weak, but rather furnish them with assistance.” -Sir Francis Bacon
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: emmykitty, SkeleBoy10, shaday, jGod8865, Alyssa4Jesus

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 3 years 6 months ago #94529

• LEMONwizard
  • I am an eternal flame, baby
  • Thank you received: 255
I agree. I also think that we Guidesters can help fix the problem, at least a little. We have friends, right?

Also, I would love to know how to actually get the attention of the BIG MODS. And the editors. And possibly UA.
Yo, I‘m not really on this site much any more. I miss y’all and I’ll hopefully be more active some day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04, SGirven, Alyssa4Jesus

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 3 years 6 months ago #94540

• horsegirl04
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 536
LEMONwizard wrote:
I agree. I also think that we Guidesters can help fix the problem, at least a little. We have friends, right?

Also, I would love to know how to actually get the attention of the BIG MODS. And the editors. And possibly UA.
I think you can email them. (I have never emailed them but I know others have)

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 3 years 5 months ago #94579

• jGod8865
  • BRUH
  • Thank you received: 547
LEMONwizard wrote:

UA like the superhero high school in My Hero Academia. What do they have to do with us?
Communism is the best way to go.

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 3 years 5 months ago #94585

• DatFailKid
  • Some kid who edits videos, games, and laughs.
  • Thank you received: 59
SGirven wrote:
Guide needs to be redesigned. I can tell you several things that make this website outdated.

--Idea to fix--

There are services that will electronicly moderate websites, and you can also program websites to do that.
--
3. The chat room isn't open enough. I know Uncle Andy already addressed that in his email, but...
5. There isn't an app.
6. The website isn't activly advertized, so the Guide website is not only dying, but they aren't trying to keep it from dying!
It is mentioned at the top corner of the magizine (I know, I didn't spell that right) where the date is, but they need to start saying things like:

7. If no one new is joining, and current members are not going on the website as often, why should people want to stay going on?

Yes, I agree that the Guide website is dying in a sense (even I get on here everyone once in a while), but I don't believe it needs to be marketted.
I believe that you have good intentions when you say this, but in my mind, when I hear marketted, I think of big corporations or people that just want your money, and despite the fact that I get on here very seldomly, I don't want Guide Magazine to become that.
Like I said, I know you have good intentions, but those are just my thoughts
あきらめないで!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 3 years 5 months ago #94596

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 632
Yeah. And more emojis.
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 3 years 5 months ago #94615

• LEMONwizard
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Yeah. And more emojis.

NO. NO MORE EMOJIS. I ALREADY HAVE TO DEAL WITH A MILLION EMOJIS ON MY PHONE. WE HAVE ENOUGH EMOJIS. I WILL LEGIT DELETE MY ACCOUNT IF GUIDE STARTS GOING EMOJI CRAZY

I think the site could use a few improvements. Like, make it an app. Especially one that works on my iPhone. That would be great. Blush and Oops are the exact same emoji. The chat room, last time I checked, was kinda hard to get to from here. It’s hard to post stuff in the Talent Showcase. This website isn’t exactly the easiest thing to navigate on a phone. BUT THAT’S OK. I cannot express how much I hate the idea of completely redesigning our website. This is my online home. You guys are my internet family. The thing we could use most is a few more members and a few more mods. I’ll do what i can to advertise.
Yo, I‘m not really on this site much any more. I miss y’all and I’ll hopefully be more active some day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CherryBomb

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 3 years 5 months ago #94624

• LolingforJesus
  • DONT GET INNIPROPRIT
  • Thank you received: 686
LEMONwizard wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Yeah. And more emojis.

NO. NO MORE EMOJIS. I ALREADY HAVE TO DEAL WITH A MILLION EMOJIS ON MY PHONE. WE HAVE ENOUGH EMOJIS. I WILL LEGIT DELETE MY ACCOUNT IF GUIDE STARTS GOING EMOJI CRAZY

I think the site could use a few improvements. Like, make it an app. Especially one that works on my iPhone. That would be great. Blush and Oops are the exact same emoji. The chat room, last time I checked, was kinda hard to get to from here. It’s hard to post stuff in the Talent Showcase. This website isn’t exactly the easiest thing to navigate on a phone. BUT THAT’S OK. I cannot express how much I hate the idea of completely redesigning our website. This is my online home. You guys are my internet family. The thing we could use most is a few more members and a few more mods. I’ll do what i can to advertise.
They need to delete either : blush : or : oops : and add in a CRYING EMOJI
baby crawdaddy's are literally the cutest thing ever

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 3 years 5 months ago #94626

• LEMONwizard
LolingforJesus wrote:
LEMONwizard wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Yeah. And more emojis.

YES
THIS IS THE KIND OF GOOD EMOJI UPDATES

DO YOU HEAR ME APPLE? I CANT USE MY EMOJIS BECAUSE THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY OF THEM
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 2 years 10 months ago #95889

• SGirven
BTW, how do you become a mod?

“We are not to deny the authority of the human senses and understanding, although weak, but rather furnish them with assistance.” -Sir Francis Bacon

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 2 years 10 months ago #95890

• SGirven
DatFailKid wrote:
SGirven wrote:

--Idea to fix--

--
5. There isn't an app.

Yes, I agree that the Guide website is dying in a sense (even I get on here everyone once in a while), but I don't believe it needs to be marketted.
I believe that you have good intentions when you say this, but in my mind, when I hear marketted, I think of big corporations or people that just want your money, and despite the fact that I get on here very seldomly, I don't want Guide Magazine to become that.

When I say marketing, I don't mean for money. I mean just directing people to the website.

The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 2 years 9 months ago #96055

• DatFailKid
  • Some kid who edits videos, games, and laughs.
  • Thank you received: 59
SGirven wrote:
DatFailKid wrote:
SGirven wrote:

--Idea to fix--

--
5. There isn't an app.

When I say marketing, I don't mean for money. I mean just directing people to the website.

Ohhh, okay. That makes sense!
あきらめないで!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SGirven

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 2 years 8 months ago #96293

• SGirven
Mods that have direct connections to the magazine itself, please read!

The following user(s) said Thank You: emmykitty, Alyssa4Jesus

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 2 years 8 months ago #96296

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 632
LolingforJesus wrote:
LEMONwizard wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Yeah. And more emojis.

Yes! And the laughing and crying emoji instead of the laughing one.
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 2 years 8 months ago #96302

• CherryBomb
  • Smile, It looks good on you! :D
  • Thank you received: 55
pathfinder4ever wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
LEMONwizard wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Yeah. And more emojis.

Maybe a mind blown one for awesome stories
~ Cherry

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 2 years 8 months ago #96317

• missionarykid
  • Romans 8:18
  • Thank you received: 641
CherryBomb wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
LEMONwizard wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Yeah. And more emojis.

Agreed, a wow emoji would be cool.

Since I got here (in 2014), we've been mentioning people like this: @CherryBomb, @Quirky, etc. But it doesn't do anything lol. It would be a helpful feature to add.

Time to hibernate again.

~MK

#GuideSenior #HONORARYEMMY #FemaleHashtagMovement #BringBackStverno #NoGuideWar #GlassesWearer #Filipino

MK is missionarykid and missionarykid is MK
The following user(s) said Thank You: SGirven, Alyssa4Jesus

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 2 years 8 months ago #96320

• LolingforJesus
  • DONT GET INNIPROPRIT
  • Thank you received: 686
missionarykid wrote:
CherryBomb wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
LEMONwizard wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Yeah. And more emojis.

Agreed, a wow emoji would be cool.

Since I got here (in 2014), we've been mentioning people like this: @CherryBomb, @Quirky, etc. But it doesn't do anything lol. It would be a helpful feature to add.

Time to hibernate again.

~MK
NO DON'T GO BACK INTO HIBERNATION
*tries to slap awake*
baby crawdaddy's are literally the cutest thing ever
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 1 year 1 month ago #101948

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 430
That's probably why many people left Guide... never to return.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sophiethedogluvver

Guide needs to be redesigned, and marketed. 1 year 1 month ago #101949

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 430
They should definitely update the forum. It just feels so old and sometimes laggy tbh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sophiethedogluvver
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds