NEW! CHANGE BACKGROUND
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is my rocks worth anything?

Is my rocks worth anything? 1 year 1 month ago #22939

• Bribree
  • I'm a TWEEN not a KID .-.
  • Thank you received: 85
Guys/Mr.A I have 2 really cool rocks. one of them has a little crystal in it and the other is really pretty and shiny slick and smooth, I wanna know if it's real or if it's worth anything. My parents say it's not worth anything. But I've seen a lot of people find cool stuff that they think is junk but it actually is worth a fortune!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: I'm wondering if you had any advice Mr.A!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Do I really have million dollar rocks?

Thxs for the help.
;) ~Bribree~ ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Is my rocks worth anything? 1 year 1 month ago #22989

Hi Bribee! Hmm, sounds like you might be holding some quartz, nice looking, but pretty common. unless you have someone that actually knows, it'd be hard to find out if its worth something. if not at least its valuable to you! =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bribree

Re: Is my rocks worth anything? 1 year 2 weeks ago #24142

you can classify the rocks into 3 classes, sedimentary, metamorphic, and igneous. sedimentary rocks are basically fragments and pieces of a sediments that smooshed together to make a rock.metamorphic rocks have been twisted and thrashed by heat and pressure under the earths surface, and you can usually see bands of color in metamorphic rocks where they have been morphed. igneous rocks are basically just magma that has cooled. the size of the crystals depends on how fast it cooled: fast=smaller crystals, slow= larger crystals. so, about your rocks.the shiny, slick, and smooth one is probably obsidian, and if it is black then it is obsidian for sure (which is an igneous rock, and not worth very much btw). and your other one with the little crystal is too hard to identify over the internet, but it COULD be quartz like Mr. Aguilera said. i don't want to bore you by going into detail about the rock cycle and instructions on how to further identify rocks,so you can look up how to identify rocks by streak, color(which isnt very reliable, because minerals and rocks come in many colors),hardness, etc. hope i helped, and good luck identifying! =D
The following user(s) said Thank You: richaguilera, Bribree

Re: Is my rocks worth anything? 2 months 23 hours ago #36166

Yeah it's quartz it's pretty cool anyway! (I love them!)
COM_KUNENA_MODERATORS: richaguilera
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds
Where Christian kids have fun! GuideMagazine.org is a ministry of Guide magazine, a Christian story magazine for children published by
the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Guide publishes nonfiction stories that show children ages 10-14 how to walk with God now and forever.